Win Prizes Season 2022 Game Previews

Which Game Preview was your favourite in season 2022?

• Gekko71 - Round 14 vs the bye

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Piggy Smalls - Round 6 vs Carlton

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • dockerfemme - Round 1 vs Adelaide

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Falconista - Round 16 vs Port Adelaide

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • vidwhal - Round 2 vs St Kilda

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Vote For PoTY
1667517992332.png

Welcome back everyone.

So I finally found my To Do list from a while ago, and written in red between "Mow the back yard" and "Get your act together" is "Wrap up the Game Preview thread" which I must have overlooked. Boy is there egg on my face!

We ended up having ten game previews this season, all of which were awesome! A huge thank you to everyone who put the time and effort in to provide a piece of art which absolutely enhances the experience of many people on this board!!!

And now we get to the pointy end of the thread - the voting for your favourite game preview. As is tradition, the game previews up that progress to the final vote are selected based on the number of reacts that they receive. Usually it's the OP but in a couple of instances such great effort was given that the preview extended over multiple posts so cumulative reacts were tallied.

Without further ado, here are the five finalists:

dockerfemme - Round 1 vs Adelaide

vidwhal - Round 2 vs St Kilda

Piggy Smalls - Round 6 vs Carlton

Gekko71 - Round 14 vs the bye

Falconista - Round 16 vs Port Adelaide

It's now over to you Freo faithful - please take the time to have another look at each of the five game previews, figure out which one you like the most and vote in the poll at the top of this thread. I'll keep the poll open until around the time of draft at the end of this month (which also coincides with the Victorian state election) to give as many people as possible the chance to cast their vote.

I'd very much like to encourage you to participate in the vote so that you can show your appreciation for the people who put the effort in to create the game previews. Plus as also is tradition, the mods will put on a sausage sizzle for everyone who votes.

bob on the tongs.png

Watch out for hungry hungry Snuffaluphagus though, he'll eat anything. Poor old Van_Dyke got his hand in the way and got a finger bitten clean off!

1667523499560.png

Now get your arses to the polling booth!

The Result
1670473690977.png

Good news punters! I've given up on waiting for votes so we're good to go. A big thank you to the 18 people who voted on their favourite game previews for the year, you're good eggs.

Now to the results.

Guys, because of the outstanding efforts from dockerfemme vidwhal Piggy Smalls Gekko71 and Falconista this was tight. Like REALLY tight.

tight-breaking-bad.gif

All finalists were within four votes, with the top four within two votes. Here's the podium...

In third place, one solitary vote off first, was Falconista and his round 16 preview vs Port Adelaide!

* record scratch noise *

"Wait on Bob, what do you mean third place was one vote off first?" I hear you type. And that's a fair question because in a Freo Game Preview first, we have a tie! Which means Mt Postmore has had a sh*tton of work done to incorporate two more people, and more importantly it means that BOTH Gekko71 and Piggy Smalls are winners of this season's Game Preview vote and have been endowed with the Freo PoTY badge! Well done to both of you!!! You now join the pantheon of Champagne Previewers alongside the likes of Arcassius TheInjuryFactory and Square Peg

1670475331000.png

Massive thanks to everyone who contributed a preview, voted on a preview and read a preview! See you all for more of the same in 2023.

Last edited:
Last edited:
(...warm glow...)

Gee - first ever writing award! 🥰🥰🥰

I'd like to thank the Academy...

...actually scratch that....

...I'd like to thank my therapist, my drug dealer, my local publican, the AFL's ineptitude, the boredom of bye week, and my 30-year collection of dick jokes, without whom none of this would be possible. 😁😁

(...oh and to Tonga Bob and Snuffaluphagus thanks for organizing this thing in the first place and for prompting me to enter - your bribes are in the mail as discussed.😜 Kudos to Piggy Smalls and all the other posters - you guys all set the bar disturbingly high. ☺️)

PS: Chapter 12 of my effort will be uploaded in a day or two. Almost done with all the boring exposition stuff... nearly time to have more fun with it, and good taste / restraint be dammed!)

Last edited:

Wow I’m speechless right now. A lot of thought and effort go into these previews and I think everybody who takes the time to write one should be celebrated. I’m really happy that the Big Footy family have taken some enjoyment out of reading my preview because writing it was one of the highlights of a year where work and life have thrown up a lot of challenges for me. To come home and see that I am a winner of this competition means a hell of a lot and I am humbled to be added to the list of past winners.
Shout out to Gekko71 for the win too! I was convinced you had this in the bag and you should be very proud of your efforts, I know I personally got a lot of joy out of reading each installment of your saga.

Peeps, if you haven’t already written a preview I highly recommend you unleash your creative spirits and get involved next year as it is a highly enjoyable and rewarding experience. Thanks to all who read the previews and voted for their favourite 🍻

Back