2nds Season 2022 GWS Giants VFL

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Another quiet game from XO could mean Finn gets the call up, he's looked like one of the best on ground in each of the games he's played at the VFL level.

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
Fahey was impressive
Callaghan (constantly mispronounced by the commentator to the point of distraction) was solid and again showed he can play a level above this
Brander was ok but didn’t scream pick me
Briggs and Flynn were both very good and should be rotating in the firsts
Fleeton did some nice things when called upon to do nice things
Aleer was good but needs development
not constantly chopping and changing with academy top-ups each week has meant that players can settle into their roles and gel a bit.
I like this streaming thing but they need better camerapeople
good win.

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Fahey was impressive
Callaghan (constantly mispronounced by the commentator to the point of distraction) was solid and again showed he can play a level above this
Brander was ok but didn’t scream pick me
Briggs and Flynn were both very good and should be rotating in the firsts
Fleeton did some nice things when called upon to do nice things
Aleer was good but needs development
not constantly chopping and changing with academy top-ups each week has meant that players can settle into their roles and gel a bit.
I like this streaming thing but they need better camerapeople
good win.
The Callaghan mispronounciation was so frustrating hahaha

JC100

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS

10 listed players including Wehr, Aller and Briggs

No Riccardi and possibly medi-sub as he was named emergency after Cumming was ruled out

Riccardi as the sub is another horrible decision by Leon if true. Horribly out of form and when it’s late in the game and a runner can impact the game we will bring on a slow KPF to complement our slow inside mids

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
The games style of our VFL team is the near opposite of our AFL team.

The VFL team dominates the Ruck and moves the ball vertically with speed and urgency.

It must be strange for those players being asked to step up or down between the two teams.

No prizes for guessing which style Is undefeated and top of the ladder.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Lucky to get the 2 points from the tie

Similar problems to AFL

Poor transition both offensively and defensively
Lack of movement forward of the ball
Too easy to break tackles

Not sure if it is fitness but on turnover the team is incredibly poor but this is more point 1 above

No one dominated Briggs was significant in the ruck but this didnt equate to dominance around to stoppages but likely down to the inexperienced mids

Really not seeing the development of players due to long periods of time not in their best positions down to coaches and also the need and i would say lacking reserves experience around the mids, Sandringham had Greary and Kent with over 10 years on a AFL list whereas Briggs the most experienced on the Giants list along with Hebron

Brander played forward and back
Not sure where Shaw was playing but maybe wing and HB
Angwin HB and wing

Back