Twos:
Hamilton Davis Kennedy
Brown Keeffe Haynes
Gilbee Wehr Angwin
Lloyd Riccardi McMullin
Jones Derksen Peatling
Flynn XOH Rowston
Gruzewski Madden

People talking about our lack of depth… I see it way more of an issue with health. We have a strong VFL lineup imo.

Last edited:
Ones:
Cumming Taylor Fahey
Whitfield HH Idun
Callaghan Cogs Kelly
Greene Cadman Stone
Bedford Hogan Daniels
Preuss Green Perryman
Ward Ash Buckley Aleer Briggs

Twos:
Hamilton Davis Kennedy
Brown Buckley Haynes
Gilbee Frost Angwin
Lloyd Riccardi McMullin
Jones Derksen Peatling
Flynn XOH Rowston
Wehr Keeffe Gruzewski Grintell Madden

People talking about our lack of depth… I see it way more of an issue with health. We have a strong VFL lineup imo.

Grintell and Frost have departed with Buckley being named twice above in both ones and twos. Also might be hard on Cadman to hold down CHF in his first year (but I hope you’re right!). Also think you're correct that recurrent health issues on some players might be a factor over a long season. Really hope Riccardi and Derksen can step up to the new game plan.

Grintell and Frost have departed with Buckley being named twice above in both ones and twos. Also might be hard on Cadman to hold down CHF in his first year (but I hope you’re right!). Also think you're correct that recurrent health issues on some players might be a factor over a long season. Really hope Riccardi and Derksen can step up to the new game plan.
Cheers. Fixed.

Ones:
Cumming Taylor Fahey
Whitfield HH Idun
Callaghan Cogs Kelly
Greene Cadman Stone
Bedford Hogan Daniels
Preuss Green Perryman
Ward Ash Buckley Aleer Briggs

Twos:
Hamilton Davis Kennedy
Brown Keeffe Haynes
Gilbee Wehr Angwin
Lloyd Riccardi McMullin
Jones Derksen Peatling
Flynn XOH Rowston
Gruzewski Madden

Hope this is the year we can put the likes of Kennedy and Lloyd behind us, new coach means he's likely not going to rely on the same old favourites and now with other options at those positions we should be able to better utilise them

Hope this is the year we can put the likes of Kennedy and Lloyd behind us, new coach means he's likely not going to rely on the same old favourites and now with other options at those positions we should be able to better utilise them
But we do need a good balance of experience in the twos… makes a huge difference to the younger guys development.

But we do need a good balance of experience in the twos… makes a huge difference to the younger guys development.
Yeah I'm hoping that they both don't play much this year, helps get senior games into the younger guys that need developing. Feel like the past couple years the whole 2s is just young guys that couldn't get a seniors gig and the top up blokes having the veterans around might help some of the young guys.

Yeah I'm hoping that they both don't play much this year, helps get senior games into the younger guys that need developing. Feel like the past couple years the whole 2s is just young guys that couldn't get a seniors gig and the top up blokes having the veterans around might help some of the young guys.
Feels like we said the same thing last year, but injuries and lack of positional depth kept them in the team.
They both give maximum effort and can be something for the young blokes to emulate.

I expect Haynes will play seniors football. I reckon he was playing injured last year
I'd also be surprised if Cadman was first choice in the front half of the year.
I do expect he gets a game though.
Same, even though he's going older it still seems too early for him too look as bad as he did at times last year. We'll know pretty quickly with him if he's just totally washed or he was dealing with some stuff throughout the year. Think we see Cadman flip between the 1s and 2s, think it'll be mostly 2s for him which is absolutely fine. Hopefully we see Riccardi or one of the other forwards take a step and they're at the level where they're best 22 quality, doesn't have to be a match winner but just so Cadman doesn't get rushed into the 1s

Pardon the intrusion. Do Giants VFL team normally play any matches in Canberra? Asking for a friend.
I would broadly say "no".

I think they didn't play any in Canberra in 2022 IIRC, mostly being scheduled at Blacktown and a few at Giants Stadium.

They have at least been scheduled to play at Manuka in the past - I recall they were meant to play before one of the main games (can't recall which year, with COVID it might have been 2019) but due to rain the game was moved.

At best, I'd think it would be no more than 1 game, but likely none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jakob Anderson

STRENGTHS:
  • Clean hands
  • Intercept marking
  • One-on-ones

IMPROVEMENTS:
  • Ground balls
  • Versatility

Jakob Anderson had a season of mixed emotions, particularly at the end of the year, as the Sandringham Dragons and Vic Metro defender produced a consistent output on the field. Unfortunately for Anderson, injury struck and he missed both the preliminary final and grand final, which meant he watched on as his Dragons teammates celebrated the NAB League flag.

In his final match against the Cannons, Anderson picked up 19 disposals, took five marks and had four rebounds in arguably his best game of the season. Though he missed out on that success, Anderson returned in time to pull on the 'Big V' against Vic Country in the decider at Marvel Stadium, and managed to quell the dangerous Bailey Humphrey in the second half of that match.

A strong aerial player and consistent rebounder, Anderson stands at that medium size of 187cm and 81kg, despite having some tough gigs on taller opponents at times. His clean hands and reliability stands out, and though there are flashier players, Anderson is one who gets the job done, week in, week out. One whose stocks may have been boosted by his championships performances where he averaged around 12 disposals and five marks.

No profile for Creighton but someone probably knows a bit about him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back