Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Random thoughts and facts about our fixture:

- Can we have one year where we do not play at stupid Kardinia Park? Ugh. I hate that place.

- First 4 matches are a bit tricky.

- Only on trip to Perth which is good.

- Top 8 sides from 2021 we play twice are Melbourne, Geelong, Sydney, GWS.

- Only 1 match at the MCG which is around 1, disappointing.

- Seems ok from a commercial point of view. I hate Thursday night footy too but they do rate on TV pretty well. If we are a good side again we’ll get more Friday games in the floating part of the season.

Roogal

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
North Ballarat Roosters
We have to wait until round 22, but finally FINALLY we get to play GWS at Marvel (what's a bet they change it to Canberra or Hobart or sommit).
Aren't you already playing them at Marvel in Rd 14?
Getting them in the second half of the season in August in the frigid conditions at Ballarat perhaps might have been more evil? Am I being too mean? :devil:

Last edited:

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I like our fixture but that’s coming from me, someone who’ll probably attend all our H&A games in Vic.
Only question is why do we have less MCG games than GWS lol.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
I like our fixture but that’s coming from me, someone who’ll probably attend all our H&A games in Vic.

Before COVID I usually took one interstate trip each year, usually to Adelaide or Sydney.

Hoping I’ll be able to next year!

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Before COVID I usually took one interstate trip each year, usually to Adelaide or Sydney.

Hoping I’ll be able to next year!
I will definitely be going to the games in NSW. Love driving up to watch us in Canberra.

I’ve never actually been to the SCG.

1639058061018.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Five day break before playing Port away is tough, we don’t play GWS until Green is back from his suspension. Home games against Essendon and Collingwood will be huge. We need to beat Geelong twice this year, they are an ageing side with little improvement. West Coast are the same, I am more concerned about Freo, who we don’t play away this year.

All teams can beat you on any day, but Brisbane away is tough, GWS could get their act together this year, Sydney are a team on the rise and will be tough.

The shite thing about being a runner up is the draw and being hunted is the same without the sweetness of the flag.

Lindsay_Gilbee

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lol what did people expect? We finished 2nd last season…

Only two games at the G is my only problem. Dunno how they did that.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If we're a serious contender we should win at least 9 of those home games, any less and it'll be bottom half of the eight looming.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
This is my biggest gripe as well. Disgraceful.
Unfortunately our options are very limited for MCG games. We play the Dees and Tigers away, who is left? The only obvious candidate is the Collingwood home Friday night game which they have at Marvel.

Unfortunately our options are very limited for MCG games. We play the Dees and Tigers away, who is left? The only obvious candidate is the Collingwood home Friday night game which they have at Marvel.
I'd love to play Essendon, Carlton, Hawthorn or St Kilda at the 'G. Why can't it happen?

Back