Season 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst thing is we are still talking about this

The club vote is a joke.. only 50 percent for votes needed and the commissioners all get a vote each

The idea this is a SGM is a joke.

Zoom meeting so they can control the floor

2 topics of conversation only

Questions needed to be sent in to the commission prior and approved..

The commission(er) should be embarrassed

Since 2018…

they (he) should be embarrassed

It’s made the footy better ??

They’ve all left

Narre will leave..

Hallam making the standard of footy better ?

The worst thing is we are still talking about this

The club vote is a joke.. only 50 percent for votes needed and the commissioners all get a vote each

The idea this is a SGM is a joke.

Zoom meeting so they can control the floor

2 topics of conversation only

Questions needed to be sent in to the commission prior and approved..

The commission(er) should be embarrassed

Since 2018…

they (he) should be embarrassed

It’s made the footy better ??

They’ve all left

Narre will leave..

Hallam making the standard of footy better ?

$$$$$$$$$$

Does the AFLOE have a strategic master plan for next 5 years (can make it shorter if need be) that all clubs are aware of?

Does it include expansion of teams? If so, what areas?
Does it include expansion of woman’s competition (football)
Does it include expansion of teams for netball? If so, what areas?
Does it include rational of division sizes for senior, under 19 and under 18 football?
Does it include rational for promotion/relegation (yes I have read that division 2 clubs can nominate to go up but don’t have to if they win the flag)?

As a club I would be wanting to know all of the above, otherwise I can see more clubs leaving AFLOE then clubs wanting to join.

I know we always want to move forward but surely the last few years have shown what was a great YVMFL competition should be re-visited again, if that means a few clubs move leagues, surely that is better than even more clubs closing their doors for good

Providing it in march 2023

Untill then bad luck

Buying time to try and land clubs or convince the excess Narre junior teams to become a senior side.

They should and probably have done one in the past, but with all the recent change to the old YVMDFL, I doubt they have a version in their bottom drawer right now spelling out the future path for the current OEFNL set-up.
MortlockWatcher so AFLOE commenced in 2018. We have had basically 2 years of for COVID in 2020 & 2021.

Even after the first 2 seasons it could be seen the disparity of resources across all divisions.

Why would the league not have commissioned a new strategic master plan during COVID. It’s not like they didn’t have the time.

Season 2022 rolls around and it was obvious from round 1 that premier and division 2 who the premiers were going to be, division 1 a little bit harder but Gembrook and Seville would have lead the way.

Now we have lost one club, rumours of others wanting to leave or exploring to leave.

Clubs wanting to join who even blind Freddy could see aren’t a good fit.

Clubs having to merge to survive for season 2022. Numbers across all clubs declining

And I just don’t see any communication from HQ, last update on website was Sept 26 with division 1 review for footy and netball

Surely if something was in the bottom draw, at least bring it out and review how everything has gone since 2018 (excluding COVID)

Another leak in the hull of the F.L. Titanic thanks to a flawed voting set-up.

As if any of the Kremlin's commissioners are going to vote no for adding another club, no matter where they are located, into the cardboard three-tier empire.

The clubs' views seem to be immaterial to the comrades at the Kremlin.

Another leak in the hull of the F.L. Titanic thanks to a flawed voting set-up.

As if any of the Kremlin's commissioners are going to vote no for adding another club, no matter where they are located, into the cardboard three-tier empire.

The clubs' views seem to be immaterial to the comrades at the Kremlin.

100% They will send out a token fixture with Broadford and Yea on it then remove it a week before the season and add 6 byes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% They will send out a token fixture with Broadford and Yea on it then remove it a week before the season and add 6 byes.
ChristianBoy I would say Broadford will be ok, have announced a few new signings on their Facebook page as well as re-signings.
Haven’t heard anything from Yea, so seems like it will be a struggle to get 2 full teams on the park, if any.

A 5 team division 2 competition is a joke. And call it as it is, it’s really division 3
Premier - Division 1
Division 1 - Division 2
Division 2 - Division 3

At what point does AFL VIC show some leadership and sort out this mess?
The borders between leagues have become non existent.
Certain clubs sitting in or trying to get to leagues where they clearly don’t fit.
Leagues squabbling over stealing each other’s clubs.

How about AFL VIC tell certain clubs where their home is or where possible give them their viable options to suit their location and standard.
Set some general boundaries for leagues while they are at it.

Actually justify the cash they are charging for affiliation and solve some obvious problems.

I get the feeling AFL Vic actually don't care.

As long as the club wants to go to a league, and that league wants them, they stay out of it.

The other factor is many clubs lean on the COVID thing and say it's been a nightmare period for local clubs (which is very true in most instances) and they need to move as part of a business / strategic plan to revive their club. AFL Vic aren't going to say no to that, the only outcome can be a folded club in 12 months with them getting the blame.

They certainly used to take an interest... I go back to when Heidelberg and Balwyn tried to join the EFL... 2007 I think... it was a very drawn-out process with two clubs and three leagues having to put their cases to AFL Vic. Heidelberg were denied a transfer despite a very strong plea... Balwyn got in but it was no sure thing to happen.

The happenings over in the west will be interesting with Deer Park and St Albans trying to leave the WRFL to join the EDFL.

I get the feeling AFL Vic actually don't care.

As long as the club wants to go to a league, and that league wants them, they stay out of it.

The other factor is many clubs lean on the COVID thing and say it's been a nightmare period for local clubs (which is very true in most instances) and they need to move as part of a business / strategic plan to revive their club. AFL Vic aren't going to say no to that, the only outcome can be a folded club in 12 months with them getting the blame.

They certainly used to take an interest... I go back to when Heidelberg and Balwyn tried to join the EFL... 2007 I think... it was a very drawn-out process with two clubs and three leagues having to put their cases to AFL Vic. Heidelberg were denied a transfer despite a very strong plea... Balwyn got in but it was no sure thing to happen.

The happenings over in the west will be interesting with Deer Park and St Albans trying to leave the WRFL to join the EDFL.
Bunk Moreland why would AFL VIC want to get involved with a league that isn’t affliated with them.

I agree though the Deer Park and St Albans move from WRFL to EDFL will be very interesting to watch.

Does WRFL want to keep them is the first question, if not they say good bye

2nd if they do go, what division does EDFL place them in as both Premier and division 1 have 10 teams. Interesting times ahead for those 2 leagues

Do we know if the league is going to persist with under 19s??

I think we would have more teams if it reverted back to u18s.

Why would AFL VIC want to get involved with a league that isn’t affliated with them.

I agree though the Deer Park and St Albans move from WRFL to EDFL will be very interesting to watch.

2nd if they do go, what division does EDFL place them in as both Premier and division 1 have 10 teams. Interesting times ahead for those 2 leagues

Exactly. AFL Vic will look after clubs that want to come out of an unaffiliated competition otherwise they would not have much interest.

Deer Park and St Albans look like playing in Division 1 (second tier) but a lot of Premier and Division 1 clubs are arking up about having to make a 12 team division somewhere along the line and the current clubs are not open to the EDFL relegating any current clubs.

Like the Kremlin here, it seems as though the two WRFL clubs have been given inducements/sweeteners/guarantees in order to get them to come across that they cannot truly guarantee.

I would think that many WRFL clubs (and possibly the executive) would be glad to get rid of Deer Park as they have been an administrative problem child for a number of years with their brown paper bagging and the pokie voucher distribution going on. It would give their competition a new lease of life with a more even competition as well.

Do we know if the league is going to persist with under 19s??

I think we would have more teams if it reverted back to u18s.

I don't really have an opinion one way or another but would be curious for the rationale for U18 leading to more teams?

The story I heard from a few years ago was that since EFL had U19, if we didn't match that, players too old for U18 might go to EFL and play 1 more season of unders. Otherwise they were forced into seniors or reserves.

Rationale is that once the young blokes turn 18 and get their licence they have a lot more options. You tend to lose a few that would have played just for something to do and get a lift with their mates/parents etc. Youre only as good as your bottom 6 and if there is no bottom 6 youre done.

We have a board who are essentially answerable to no one and the head of that board who thinks his/their way is the only way.
Surely the best decision would be to stand down and let someone else have a go?
What’s his agenda as clearly enough is enough and for the betterment of the league, who I’m sure he has some care for, badly requires fresh ideas, forward thinking and energy?

How can we possibly have collaborative & collective club discussions when they continually divide conversations, shut down alternate views from the clubs they are supposed to be representing, and push agendas that they have come up with collectively and agreed.
They then start their voting system at 6-0 before a club has had a vote. Putin or Kim?

The league/clubs, like any good business need good leadership or people leave and from what I can see we have more clubs leaving than joining and many remaining clubs with many members disenfranchised with overall direction.
It is forums like this where you have to express your concerns given any other normal more appropriate methods get shut down.

If this is what non AFL affiliation gets you then no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bunk Moreland why would AFL VIC want to get involved with a league that isn’t affliated with them.

I think the intention would be to put them both into Premier to make a 12-team comp. Can't see how else they do it.

Then over time they'll filter it town to 10 clubs in each division.

Depends which way the clubs look at it. One view is they have no right to go straight into Premier. Another is they'll smash everybody in D1 anyway and ruin a season. So it's a tough one.

Hard to know if EDFL clubs even want them... it's a balance... do they improve the quality of the league overall and make us all more attractive, or are they just another roadblock to us getting into Premier.

I think the intention would be to put them both into Premier to make a 12-team comp. Can't see how else they do it.

The EDFL have announced that both are in Division 1 (pending a possible appeal by the WRFL), much to the chagrin of Division 1 clubs.
The Division 2 clubs are also worried about the possibility of there not being promotion.

Couple of coaching gigs going over at the VAFA mail is a few well known YV identities have applied.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back