Fixture Season 2022 - Full AFL Fixture in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone remember the disgusting split round for round 1 few years back ?
Was a tradition there for a minute

2012 1/8
2013 2/7
2014 4/5

I didn't mind 2012 (was only the Battle of the Bridge) so it wasnt really getting into the full flow
Didnt mind 2013 much either (Adelaide kicked off the season)
But 2014 sucked. Got enough to have the season feel like it's started, but not your team which was frustrating.

One thing id love to see is the AFL getting rid of the staggered bye rounds. just have round 12 played over 2 weeks! 5 games 1 week, 4 the next!
I don't mind the 6/6/6 split. It's just they spread those weekends too thin.

So all that's known is that sadly Richmond and Carlton will retain the season opener. Also GF rematch set to be on the Friday night of round 1 at the G.

Any other news or leaks?

Also will the draw be out by the end of October or cause of Corona will it be later?

Last edited:
Also GF set to be on the Friday night of round 1 at the G.

GF on Friday night of round one is a massive call. Huge risk if they get the teams wrong.

The league is in no hurry to release its fixture and is aware there might still be complications with Covid as it rolls out its 2022 draw in late November or early December.

Blues v Dees Thurs Rnd 2 so they say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So all that's known is that sadly Richmond and Carlton will retain the season opener. Also GF rematch set to be on the Friday night of round 1 at the G.

Any other news or leaks?

Also will the draw be out by the end of October or cause of Corona will it be later?
I hate Thursday night footy but unlike a brisbane game there should be 80,000 plus fans there to kick the season off

Would like to see more FTA games for Freo and North Melbourne and far far less of Richmond or Collingwood.
I mean our lord and savior AFL could be so generous to give North 2 whole FTA games but I'm not counting my blessings yet.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back