Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So the preseason training thread's gotten a bit... off the training part of the title and with some actual training commencing next week it seems like a good time to shift the arguments somewhere else so it's easier to find the 'Gee' posts.

Have at it, how will we go in 2023? Have we hit rock bottom yet? Will we rise faster than a helium balloon your two year old has just let go of? Will it be a year of positives and negatives as we rebuild? How much does our midfield suck? Will Simmo replace the dog race with a sack race?

We can’t lose next season because we either:

A. Finish bottom 4 and get a top pick in the super draft/Harley Reid cup (many are predicting it’s between us and Hawks); or
B. Prove the haters wrong and be in finals contention.

I feel it is very hard to predict how we will perform next year given:
  • All of the injuries and Covid impacts made last season impossible to get any form going. Yet late season form in 2021 was not great either.
  • will guys like NicNat, Shuey, Gaff, Yeo return to form/fitness? Or are they just mediocre for their last year or two?
  • how does our forward line operate with a fit JD/Allen but no JK? Remember JD came in with no preseason.
  • will we see any breakouts? (Williams, Bazzo, XON, Allen, Hough?)
  • to what extent will we give new draftees games over experienced players?
  • we haven’t been able to implement the supposed new ‘fast’ game plan with Schofield and Knights on board. Will that happen this year?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

This is hard, because our team has been injured and underperformed for 18 months. If we assume that continues - then it is a 4 win season. It's going to turn at some point though, the question is when?

I'll work on the assumption that we have much better player availability than 2022 and the coaches actually implement a current gameplan. We still have to train up youth, so our squad will have gaps. Based on that, I figure we win half our home games and 2-3 away. That's an 8-9 win season.

Top 8 with 12, 13 win for the reasons:
1. We still have a relatively strong team (if fit)
2. Collingwood could jump from bottom 2 to top 4 in 2022, why not WCE in 2023.
3. WCE were very under-performed in 2022 and last couple of years.
4. Most important of all, the WCE board has set the goal to be back to the top 8 in 2023.

Top 8 with 12, 13 win for the reasons:
1. We still have a relatively strong team (if fit)
2. Collingwood could jump from bottom 2 to top 4 in 2022, why not WCE in 2023.
3. WCE were very under-performed in 2022 and last couple of years.
4. Most important of all, the WCE board has set the goal to be back to the top 8 in 2023.

5. Jayden Hunt

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would see this as a very successful season if we achieved this.

5-6 wins at home with an away victory on the road.

Hopefully only one 12+ Goal loss and a percentage in the mid to high 80`s rather than the 50`s.

Getting 15+ games each into Culley, Chesser , Hough and Bazzo. Some of our new draftees(2023) getting a taste of playing in the big league.

Win 6 or 7 all up and finish 15th while being far more competitive is realistic.

Luke Shuey to do a calf before preseason even starts

8-14.
Lose both derbies.
A surprise win or two but some shocking losses as well.
A year for the kids, much like 2010. I hope so anyway.

And then I won a billion dollars and Miranda Kerr asked me to marry her and my wife loved the idea
Pretty sure on Knightmares power rankings that Margot Robbie is ranked higher than Miranda Kerr.

168 cm blonde that’s only 32 years old.

Can play inside and outside mid. Can push back if required and likes to push forward for a snag.

Back