SEASON 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The best recruits in Outer East league for 2023
Big names, including an ex-AFL man, have signed with Outer East league clubs. Hereā€™s the latest recruiting news.

Tyler Lewis and Simon McEvoy

Aaron Mullett, Wandin

Mullett joins the Bulldogs from Mooroolbark in the Eastern footy league where he made the Division 1 Team of the Year in 2022. He kicked 58 goals for the Mustangs last year, proving he can keep opponents busy both in the engine room and inside 50.

Hayden Stagg, Berwick Springs

The laconic left-footer signs with the Titans as a playing assistant coach after winning best afield in Narre Warrenā€™s premiership last season. Stagg is a hard-nosed midfielder that thrives in tough conditions and his impact at Berwick Springs is already being noticed.

Chris Beattie, Yarra Glen

A Yarra Glen junior, the talented midfielder returns to the Pigs from Woori Yallock where he played senior footy last year.

Riley Blackman, Officer

A hard-nosed inside mid who loves winning his own footy, Blackman has previously won a league best and fairest in his time at Rowville.

Jake Calvert, Olinda Ferny Creek

The former Dandenong Stingrays ruckman and key position player joins the Bloods after being a ā€œfly inā€ player with Robinvale. Has strong family links with the club.

Sam Cuthbert, Olinda Ferny Creek

A South Croydon premiership player who will slot in seamlessly among the Bloods raft of exciting young players.

Rhys Gardener, Broadford

The Kangaroos are thrilled to regain their 2019 best-and-fairest. That season he was also runner-up in the Riddell league medal and earned selection in the Team of the Year, playing mainly as a defender.

Will Gordon, Mt Evelyn

The imposing 6ā€™7 (200 cm) ruckman was best on ground in Mitchamā€™s 2019 premiership and won the clubā€™s best and fairest. Mt Evelyn hopes he will dominate the centre circle in 2023.

Robert Hudson, Officer

The hard running midfielder/half back joins the Kangaroos from Croydon North fresh off winning a senior best and fairest. Heā€™s a premiership player at Belgrave South in addition to winning a league best and fairest in his U/17 season.

Chris Johnson, Berwick Springs

Comes across from Cora Lynn, where he was a multiple senior best and fairest winner. The former Dandenong Stingray, who also played at Casey Scorpions VFL, will be a playing-assistant coach at the Titans.

David Johnson, Emerald

The high flying forward will continue his stellar career at the Bombers, adding vital experience and knowledge to the young outfit. Heā€™s achieved an EFL premiership with Norwood and good things at Yarra Junction.

Kyle Nunn, Belgrave

Played with Koo Wee Rup in the West Gippsland league last season and is no stranger to Outer East football after spending a few years with Cranbourne prior to that. He is known for his speed and ability to hit the scoreboard through the midfield.

Declan Forbes, Upwey Tecoma

The smooth-moving journeyman will add some class to the Tigersā€™ midfield in 2023 after joining from South Belgrave. While it was a difficult year for Upwey Tecoma, success seems to follow Forbes, having played in two senior premierships in the last six seasons.

Liam Oā€™Connor, Upwey Tecoma

The key-position player knows how to hold his own and did so successfully at his former clubs. Oā€™Connor was named centre-half back in St Johnā€™s OC Football Clubā€™s Team of the Decade.

Josh Wynen, Belgrave

Has a strong footy background, crossing over from Noble Park where he has learnt from some of the best midfielders the Eastern Footy League has to offer. He is a multiple underage club best and fairest winner and will add class to the Magpies midfield.

Jordan Jaworski, Wandin

Joining from Lilydale where he booted 29 goals from 18 matches, Jaworski will add another element to the Wandin front half.

Ryan Quirk, Narre Warren

An iconic Narre Warren name returns to Kalora Park after a number of seasons at West Gippsland club Bunyip. With plenty of footy left, he will add another piece of weaponry to the Magpie arsenal.

Mark Seedsman, Officer

Seedsman recently fronted up for Rowville but has a connection to Officer having played under new Roos coach Daniel Charles while at Doveton. He stands tall and kick long goals, which was an area Officer missed last season.

Josh Smith, Gembrook Cockatoo

The Frankston VFL key forward will make Gembrook his home club. He is the brother of Brookers player Dean.

Matt Di Pietrantonio, Seville

Seville gains a dynamic midfielder in Di Pietrantonio. He crosses from Lilydale where he came second in the reserves best and fairest.

Interested in this post from the past which called out some key players moving into outer east. Keen to now see how they have impacted in their respective clubs/divisions?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Congrats to Broadford in beating YJ to open their 2023 win account. Great reward to the committee and players who have hung tough through some tough times
Well said Thunder. Great effort by all concerned to work through some challenging times and now see the club progressing forward. Not clear skies as yet but on the way to good times and a sustainable future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was actually going to comment on that the other day. Whilst the win was good for Broadford, I think it said more about where Junction were at. Johnson was a big loss - I didn't realise Chandler had also gone until he played in my game a few weeks ago. Starts to make things tougher for those left behind.

I was actually going to comment on that the other day. Whilst the win was good for Broadford, I think it said more about where Junction were at. Johnson was a big loss - I didn't realise Chandler had also gone until he played in my game a few weeks ago. Starts to make things tougher for those left behind.
So where is Chandler playing?

I have heard the coach rumour too.
But i have heard that players were leaving because of him not with him?

Canā€™t see to many big clashes this week outside Woori v Wandin in premier division and interestingly both Olinda and Pakenham yet to win a game!! Early to be talking relegation but they can get away from you early. Probably makes the Olinda v Mt Eve game super important for both clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com