SEASON 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone shed any light on the incident at Wandin yesterday. Hearing the Wandin kid ended up in hospital in a bad way.

Can anyone shed any light on the incident at Wandin yesterday. Hearing the Wandin kid ended up in hospital in a bad way.
From what I here a key Woori player belted him off the ball behind play got a red card and was off for the remainder of the game, Wandin boy finished up in hospital concussed with impaired vision, incident was clearly seen by the umpire and offered the player 2 week suspension instead of referring him
Straight to the tribunal, only difference from the EFL issue at Boronia last week was he didn’t break his jaw, 2 weeks a light response in the current environment, I would be surprised if the league don’t look into further, low act from everyone that witnessed it from what I’m hearing

Ex junction coach going around giving all current players phone numbers to other clubs (he contacted my club)

From what I here a key Woori player belted him off the ball behind play got a red card and was off for the remainder of the game, Wandin boy finished up in hospital concussed with impaired vision, incident was clearly seen by the umpire and offered the player 2 week suspension instead of referring him
Straight to the tribunal, only difference from the EFL issue at Boronia last week was he didn’t break his jaw, 2 weeks a light response in the current environment, I would be surprised if the league don’t look into further, low act from everyone that witnessed it from what I’m hearing

For what it's worth, red card offences don't have a set penalty option.

Wandin challenged and tribunal agreed two weeks was suitable. Probably overs although the player will miss two with concussion at any rate.

Wandin challenged and tribunal agreed two weeks was suitable. Probably overs although the player will miss two with concussion at any rate.
Seen a post from his step dad on Facebook, kid hasn’t been able to work all week from concussion and may not be able to play footy again this year, yeah 2 weeks is real suitable, low act by a respected footballer and should have been penalised as such would have got 6 to 8 in the AFL only thing that saved him was their was no footage, but if you reckon 2 weeks is fair that’s all that matter hey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost say he was targeted.
The Woori player in question is one of the fairest footballers to play the game.
He 100% has been targeted by Wandin in every game they have played against each other since the grand final they played in 6-7 years ago.
He and his family have been the target of horrific abuse on multiple occasions since that grand final and the incident on Saturday was not provoked by him. i don’t condone what happened but he was speared to the ground well after he disposed the ball and the tackle didn’t stop there and obviously he retaliated.
He would be regretting what happened because he actually is a good man.
I hope the player from Wandin recovers ok.
From this point forward players, staff and supporters from both clubs need to call a truce because it’s not a nice environment for anybody

Fair to say if you deck a player after he kicks it then swarm him while he’s on the ground you’re in play.
The Woori player in question is one of the fairest footballers to play the game.
He 100% has been targeted by Wandin in every game they have played against each other since the grand final they played in 6-7 years ago.
He and his family have been the target of horrific abuse on multiple occasions since that grand final and the incident on Saturday was not provoked by him. i don’t condone what happened but he was speared to the ground well after he disposed the ball and the tackle didn’t stop there and obviously he retaliated.
He would be regretting what happened because he actually is a good man.
I hope the player from Wandin recovers ok.
From this point forward players, staff and supporters from both clubs need to call a truce because it’s not a nice environment for anybody
What a crock of s**t, targeted by Wandin my arse has bought everything on himself don’t make excuses for him or his family sick and tired of Woori and there never in the wrong attitude, happy to move on and I congratulate the bloke for for messaging to apologise to the Wandin boy on Saturday night to say sorry I did the wrong thing, but even his own teammates in the rooms at Wandin were disappointed/dismayed at what he did so don’t turn it on Wandin mate, surely time to hang up the boots uncalled for action that their is only one person responsible for, low act uncalled for behind the ball so let’s leave it at that, don’t not make a hero out of him, by the way of the mark it was a 6 to 8 week suspension and they got it wrong

What a crock of s**t, targeted by Wandin my arse has bought everything on himself don’t make excuses for him or his family sick and tired of Woori and there never in the wrong attitude, happy to move on and I congratulate the bloke for for messaging to apologise to the Wandin boy on Saturday night to say sorry I did the wrong thing, but even his own teammates in the rooms at Wandin were disappointed/dismayed at what he did so don’t turn it on Wandin mate, surely time to hang up the boots uncalled for action that their is only one person responsible for, low act uncalled for behind the ball so let’s leave it at that, don’t not make a hero out of him, by the way of the mark it was a 6 to 8 week suspension and they got it wrong

Never in the wrong attitude well that’s ironic.

Attachments

• 6FBC350A-0520-445C-B6CF-E3DE53D44533.jpeg
    6FBC350A-0520-445C-B6CF-E3DE53D44533.jpeg
    15.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Irregardless of the targeting fantasy or how much of a saint the offending party is, the fact that a bloke was punched intentionally in the head behind play, in a non football act, resulted in a 2 week penalty is a bad look for the league. That stuff went out in the late 90’s.
I’ll leave the rest of you to speak about the non existent targeting garbage and his nomination for knighthood.