SEASON 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of interest, any thoughts on the variation in the voting at Brownlow last night? I have my personal thoughts on it - curious to know what others think.

Hearing that Broadford may have to wait a year before any potential move to the Kyabram District league.

The move to form a second tier of the Murray league looks like it might be starting to take shape and the KDL is likely to see where the land lays before taking on any new clubs. At least three KDL clubs and up to five Picola league clubs have been linked to the new competition and if the three KDL clubs go, that will improve Broadford's chances of admission.

A Broadford move is more likely to be for the 2025 season than for next year.

Hearing that Broadford may have to wait a year before any potential move to the Kyabram District league.

The move to form a second tier of the Murray league looks like it might be starting to take shape and the KDL is likely to see where the land lays before taking on any new clubs. At least three KDL clubs and up to five Picola league clubs have been linked to the new competition and if the three KDL clubs go, that will improve Broadford's chances of admission.

A Broadford move is more likely to be for the 2025 season than for next year.

See they've still included Yea in the Div 1 set up.

The league have already announced at presentation night that they are going to 2 divisions but I happened to read a newsletter from another club which mentioned that they will likely have 12 clubs in Premier Div with Emerald the automatic promotion as premier along with Officer and Berwick Springs. Officer finished 5th, below Healesville and Seville, but probably prefer the travel component. It would be best to avoid byes in Premier (or will it go back to being called Div 1). Unless we have a 22 round season this will cause some fixture issues as not everyone will meet twice.

Also mentioned both U18s and U19s comps to exist (as it did last year) and clubs can choose where they want to play although that would also be affected by the junior structure at each club, which is largely dictated by the league structure or will that be more fluid as well?

Has that been announced or is that the proposal?

If Broadford stay that then leaves 11 in Div 1.

What happens to Berwick and Beaconsfield netball going forward?

I'm quite OK with all this, just wondering what has been announced or proposed.

The league have already announced at presentation night that they are going to 2 divisions but I happened to read a newsletter from another club which mentioned that they will likely have 12 clubs in Premier Div with Emerald the automatic promotion as premier along with Officer and Berwick Springs. Officer finished 5th, below Healesville and Seville, but probably prefer the travel component. It would be best to avoid byes in Premier (or will it go back to being called Div 1). Unless we have a 22 round season this will cause some fixture issues as not everyone will meet twice.

Also mentioned both U18s and U19s comps to exist (as it did last year) and clubs can choose where they want to play although that would also be affected by the junior structure at each club, which is largely dictated by the league structure or will that be more fluid as well?

A letter went out to club presidents earlier this week, all as per your info. Premier will have a final six, not sure Div 1 finals info was included.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Berwick & Beaconsfield netball get told to move on. To be honest would have told those who wanted out in the footy to go also. Really hard to plan and settle on a structure when we can’t guarantee who’s coming or going. If you’re in sign in for 5yrs and if you’re not then see you later.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Squib but he is a back to back premiership coach
Heard a few players going to Coldstream from Powelly
Where does this leave Powelly?

That he is.

Unfortunately I think Powelly might be in strife, the model they adopted has been tried and tested many many times in the Valley, typically sees a sharp decline shortly after.

I don’t think they really have any other options due to location tho.