SEASON 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

That he is.

Unfortunately I think Powelly might be in strife, the model they adopted has been tried and tested many many times in the Valley, typically sees a sharp decline shortly after.

I don’t think they really have any other options due to location tho.
Squib what model is that?
Everyone was saying what a great culture was built at Powelly but now coach isn’t there everyone leaves
Why is that?

Squib what model is that?
Everyone was saying what a great culture was built at Powelly but now coach isn’t there everyone leaves
Why is that?

Bulk of playing group imported on decent money for immediate success.
Unsustainable. As I said, not sure what option they have tho.

Culture Time will tell.

Culture Time will tell.
Squib guess it will be interesting who stays or who leaves as the $$$$ aren’t being supplied anymore, but isn’t it the club supplying the $$$

Squib guess it will be interesting who stays or who leaves as the $$$$ aren’t being supplied anymore, but isn’t it the club supplying the $$$

I can’t speak to the $$ situation there. All clubs over their journeys have had a generous supporter or two. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

I do know however that inevitably the $ does dry up one way or another and some have fallen harder than others.

That he is.

Unfortunately I think Powelly might be in strife, the model they adopted has been tried and tested many many times in the Valley, typically sees a sharp decline shortly after.

I don’t think they really have any other options due to location tho.
Wouldn't be a bad thing if powelltown fall over and Broadford get there wish to depart,that means officer and Berwick springs drop down two Division one and you get two divisions of ten teams perfect set up.🙏

Culture Time will tell.
This is completely in true, 75% of the list are old and all the boys are mates hence why we came together.
Has nothing to do with money but think what you like.
Yes I’ll be moving on to new things, the club is working hard to find a new coach and continue to keep things going with the new rooms coming.
Our success was earned through hard work and commitment.
If it makes you feel better saying it’s money then you’re way off. Had a super successful 3 years and it was a super enjoyable time at the club it has some amazing people there.

This is completely in true, 75% of the list are old and all the boys are mates hence why we came together.
Yes I’ll be moving on to new things, the club is working hard to find a new coach and continue to keep things going with the new rooms coming.
If it makes you feel better saying it’s money then you’re way off. Had a super successful 3 years and it was a super enjoyable time at the club it has some amazing people there.

It’s mostly money mate. We’ve all been around long enough to know that.
To say “nothing to do with money” is absurd.
Most clubs can put together a list you had, and success is almost inevitable. Alas you leave, as do players… If Powelly plummets from here, how good a coach are you??? I don’t want to see any club suffer/struggle. Mercenaries like you will see the latter continuously!! But it’s not about money….
Take your mercenaries to Coldy, maybe win a flag. Good players playing in lower level footy will always do well. F all to do with the coach.

Last edited:
It’s mostly money mate. We’ve all been around long enough to know that.
To say “nothing to do with money” is absurd.

Agreed. You just need to note some of the players and how many clubs they have played for (and how long at each one) to put two and two together.

Good luck in your next chapter,
Please don't insult us and say it had nothing to do with money.

Good luck in your next chapter,
Please don't insult us and say it had nothing to do with money.
Good luck to Bayliss and his team.

They certainly will be on good coin at Coldstream. Guys like Castree left The Basin half way during the season and went to Powelltown for money and now is heading to Coldstream. No loyalty and his movement into a third club in less than 12 months rings alarm bells for me.

I find it disappointing that a coach leaves when they have won a premiership and a new challenge awaits. Smells a bit for me but everyone has their reasons. If you want sustained success clubs just should not go down that path.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got the link for Jugga’s coaching appointment at Coldstream.
What odds Sverns, Castree, Dafter, Van Unen, Moreland, Conyers, Cowan, Sheppard are playing at Powelly in 2024

Anyone got the link for Jugga’s coaching appointment at Coldstream.
What odds Sverns, Castree, Dafter, Van Unen, Moreland, Conyers, Cowan, Sheppard are playing at Powelly in 2024
Read the Coldstream FNC facebook post about the appointment and some of the 'merry men' listed have already signaled their intentions. Read my post Thunder about Castree.... Wouldn't touch him if you want loyalty and a good clubman!

Last edited:
Read the Coldstream FNC facebook post about the appointment and some of the 'merry men' listed have already signaled their intentions. Read my post Thunder about Castree.... Wouldn't touch him if you want loyalty and a good clubman!
localfootyguru obviously Coldstream haven’t done proper due diligence, reap what you sow
Powelltown all year preached the loyalty card, where is that loyalty now, with all of the “merry men” leaving and following the coach and the $$

Last edited:
Going to be good seeing the Powelly boys going against each other with Fowkes going to Silvan
Who will be left at Powelly???

Going to be good seeing the Powelly boys going against each other with Fowkes going to Silvan
Who will be left at Powelly???
Silvan is in a higher division than Coldstream Thunder. Don't worry about Powelltown, they will be fine. They are a good and resilient club and will be going around in 2024 with a competitive team.

I am just filthy on the 'mercenaries' who change clubs like the wind and clubs continually fall for all the bravado and false promises... Then when they leave someone needs to pick up the pieces. Why clubs continually entertain this approach is beyond me..

Silvan is in a higher division than Coldstream Thunder. Don't worry about Powelltown, they will be fine. They are a good and resilient club and will be going around in 2024 with a competitive team.

I am just filthy on the 'mercenaries' who change clubs like the wind and clubs continually fall for all the bravado and false promises... Then when they leave someone needs to pick up the pieces. Why clubs continually entertain this approach is beyond me..
localfootyguru arent they both in division 3, Silvan finished 3rd and Coldstream finished 6th
Totally agree re the mercenaries who go from club to club but say they are loyal to the club etc etc. What BS, they go where they can get $$$ or whatever else if offered

It kills the clubs that they leave, let see how many of Powelly’s 2023 premiership team play round 1 in 2024, I would say there would be 12-14 players different. Clubs that have good cultures, win flags, move up divisions and the players stay