SEASON 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

If these shenanigans by the Kremlin continues on into next season, I would not be surprised if other clubs give up on the league and try to get into the Eastern or Southern leagues depending on their location.
MortlockWatcher i am sure they will still put them into the fixture.
Surely the clubs go, Kinglake have gone, why are they in the fixture?
May as well put Thornton-Eildon, Silvan, Fair Park, South Belgrave,Marysville and Panton Hill in the fixture as well 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

So with Powelltown club rooms being re-developed where will they be playing there home games in 2023?
Maybe the league can schedule their home games at Kinglake when they play away in the NFNL 🤣🤣

Why do new clubs like Hallam get a say in what division they play in
Club like Alexandra has been part of YVMFL and AFLOE since 2006. They always travel and a well run club but other clubs seem to get preferential treatment.
Enter the league, travel will be a part of it.

Should be two divisions. No two buts about it. The Kremlin can't be reasoned with though. Clubs such as Alexandra, Broadford, Yea are (and Kinglake were) treated differently.

Through Hallam, we will see the difference between Southern Div 4 and Outer East Div 1 next season LOL.

Hallam weren’t competitive in Southern, I cannot see them being competitive in division 1 in 2023. Going to be a big struggle for them and another burden for AFLOE in trying to manage. Whilst I was a supporter of the proposal when it was initially developed, the manner in how things have progressed concerns me although there certainly have been some positives - the standard of footy has improved markedly. More attention needs to be paid to clubs like Yea and Alexandra to ensure they are supported and continue to be an integral part of the league. What has happened with Kinglake is disappointing as they were certainly a long standing member club although it didn’t surprise me either as they have ’floated’ between competitions. There also needs to be a consistent approach with promotion and relegation although this was also a challenge in the old YVMDFL structure.

Hopefully the new CEO and board can continue to work closely with clubs to ensure the league can flourish whilst protecting its uniqueness which makes it such a good competition.

Last edited:
Hallam weren’t competitive in Southern, I cannot see them being competitive in division 1 in 2023. Going to be a big struggle for them and another burden for AFLOE in trying to manage. Whilst I was a supporter of the proposal when it was initially developed, the manner in how things have progressed concerns me although there certainly have been some positives - the standard of footy has improved markedly. More attention needs to be paid to clubs like Yea and Alexandra to ensure they are supported and continue to be an integral part of the league. What has happened with Kinglake is disappointing as they were certainly a long standing member club although it didn’t surprise me either as they have ’floated’ between competitions. There also needs to be a consistent approach with promotion and relegation although this was also a challenge in the old YVMDFL structure.

Hopefully the new CEO and board can continue to work closely with clubs to ensure the league can flourish whilst protecting its uniqueness which makes it such a good competition.

Can’t think of any issues with old promotion relegation system over the years. This garbage of deals with some clubs while others get given no choice lack’s integrity.

Can’t think of any issues with old promotion relegation system over the years. This garbage of deals with some clubs while others get given no choice lack’s integrity.
ChristianBoy definitely sums about the league and those that have run it.
Definitely no integrity with deals done for clubs not having to travel
No promotion from division 2, yes I know clubs wanted it to be on an individual case
Clubs leaving and still being put into fixture
Just make it 2 divisions and concentrate on that

So with Powelltown club rooms being re-developed where will they be playing there home games in 2023?
Maybe the league can schedule their home games at Kinglake when they play away in the NFNL 🤣🤣
I believe they are playing at league HQ on Colchester Road with Thursday night team selections at the sporting globe

ChristianBoy definitely sums about the league and those that have run it.
Definitely no integrity with deals done for clubs not having to travel
No promotion from division 2, yes I know clubs wanted it to be on an individual case
Clubs leaving and still being put into fixture
Just make it 2 divisions and concentrate on that
Word is Narre Warren have put notice in to leave.

If the league had an ounce of brains they’d push them out this year instead of handing them another year of domination. But can’t imagine a league that is still pretending Kinglake is in the comp would actually do anything proactive to fix it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the league had an ounce of brains they’d push them out this year instead of handing them another year of domination. But can’t imagine a league that is still pretending Kinglake is in the comp would actually do anything proactive to fix it
Fingers crossed you are right.

Pull the trigger on them. Then pull it again on Two Divisions

Surely it would make work more enjoyable for all those directly involved.

Fingers crossed you are right.

Pull the trigger on them. Then pull it again on Two Divisions

Surely it would make work more enjoyable for all those directly involved.

Not a priority for the powers to be. $$$$$$$$$$$$

They had a 3 year plan to exit but by the sounds of it it’s been fast tracked if you are correct. Maybe they seen the writing on the wall with how everything has been handled over the last few years.

The new CEO is going to walk into a firestorm.

No clubs are happy at the moment

They had a 3 year plan to exit but by the sounds of it it’s been fast tracked if you are correct. Maybe they seen the writing on the wall with how everything has been handled over the last few years.

The new CEO is going to walk into a firestorm.

No clubs are happy at the moment
What league is narre off too?

3 options

MPFNL was there #1 but they know they wouldn’t be accepted.

SFNL would be my bet after seeing just how Cranbourne was accepted and the feedback they got from them.

Eastern also wouldn’t surprise me.
Think you will find they are going to join Southern. A lot of concerns raised by existing Eastern FNL clubs about accepting more teams, putting promotion and relegation on hold due to the realignment of the divisions and having numerous clubs in trouble due to the impacts of the pandemic and others matters (e.g. GW Hawks).

Eastern is not out of the equation but seems unlikely at this stage due to the timing. Would be more likely to be able to join for the 2024 season due to the adopted timeframe for changes to the divisional structure.

Last edited:
Eastern has already announced its restructuring for 2024 and the impact it has on promotion-relegation at the end of 2023.

Seems like there are a few Div 1 teams that would not compete financially in Premier loading up to win it this year because they know they don't go up.

Obviously, we have seen that things can change in a heartbeat but southern would be the most likely destination with its Sat netball comp and the experience Cranbourne has enjoyed.

No CEO announced is an interesting one.. Lack of suitable applicants would be the assumption.

Eastern has already announced its restructuring for 2024 and the impact it has on promotion-relegation at the end of 2023.

Seems like there are a few Div 1 teams that would not compete financially in Premier loading up to win it this year because they know they don't go up.

Obviously, we have seen that things can change in a heartbeat but southern would be the most likely destination with its Sat netball comp and the experience Cranbourne has enjoyed.

No CEO announced is an interesting one.. Lack of suitable applicants would be the assumption.

No one wanting the job would be closer to the mark.

No one wanting the job would be closer to the mark.
Off the mark there mate. They had a very good pool of applicants including someone I know would be an excellent appointment if they are the successful candidate. They are working through the recruitment process at this time. Not sure there will be an announcement prior to Christmas although it would be preferable to have something ‘locked in’ heading into 2023 so as to give surety for all.

Off the mark there mate. They had a very good pool of applicants including someone I know would be an excellent appointment if they are the successful candidate. They are working through the recruitment process at this time. Not sure there will be an announcement prior to Christmas although it would be preferable to have something ‘locked in’ heading into 2023 so as to give surety for all.

Disgraceful that it hasn't been filled earlier then. Clubs have no idea what's going on and no one to speak to.