SEASON 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there was a KDL meeting scheduled for last night but it may have been postponed as there is still the proposed Murray district division to handle first and a potential conflict of interest.

It is believed that as many as four clubs will leave the KDL and join the Murray comp if the new division gets up and running, so having those clubs voting on Broadford would be an issue.

If the four clubs go, the consensus is Broadford will get accepted and if the MDL doesn't get up they will be rejected.

Who will be left to pick up the pieces at powelltown?

With rumours rife of a mass exodus now who in their right mind would wanna take the reins as coach?

With inevitability of whoever does will be up against it to field a side.

They are not rumours more than a handful are speaking to EFL clubs now.

Who will be left to pick up the pieces at powelltown?

With rumours rife of a mass exodus now who in their right mind would wanna take the reins as coach?

With inevitability of whoever does will be up against it to field a side.

The League must take some responsibility for this. In what world allowing a team to win a flag and not get promoted make sense. Then just to encourage the club hoppers allowing them to keep the same playing points. Basically a recipe for disaster for rogue club administrators.

AFL Victoria are the responsible party on that score. The league is directed by AFLV as to what they can do.

It will be interesting to watch how the Picola league's points go in 2024. Freed from the AFLV shackles, the PDFNL has implemented a system where points are staggered based on the previous season's ladder - the lower you go, the more points you get. It is how the points should have been done years ago.

The Bunbury competition in WA implemented it about 10 years ago and has assisted in preventing clubs from being at the top or bottom over a prolonged period.

AFL Victoria are the responsible party on that score. The league is directed by AFLV as to what they can do.

It will be interesting to watch how the Picola league's points go in 2024. Freed from the AFLV shackles, the PDFNL has implemented a system where points are staggered based on the previous season's ladder - the lower you go, the more points you get. It is how the points should have been done years ago.

The Bunbury competition in WA implemented it about 10 years ago and has assisted in preventing clubs from being at the top or bottom over a prolonged period.

Fair enough. The points cannot be the same after you win a flag and don’t get promoted. It’s asking for trouble and just encourages the buying of flags.

Good coaches leave the club in a better place.
Wandin & park orchards are in great spots.
You can’t control everyone’s destiny. Sorry I gave my heart to the job for 3 years at poweltown. Was it enough?
Keep going though, just like you boys always do. I’ll just keep putting my best foot forward and doing what I do best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably linked to the reasons why he missed coaching a number of games.
Could be onto something here if I am a nobody just checking in to see what's happening around the league once and a while and see a reply to this same comment a tick after midnight on a Wednesday night

Maybe works nightshift and that's why it's not about money it's not needed 🤔

Would have a shackle or 2 on coldstream having there first taste of doubt after the way this has been professionally handled by your newly appointed senior coach during the early hours of the morning 🤦‍♂️

Park Orchards were a basket case last season off field. Clearly has his finger on the pulse.

Last edited:
Park Orchards were a basket case last season off field. Clearly has his finger on the pulse.

Wandin went on one of the biggest spending sprees the comp has seen the following season.
After the loss to Woori in the GF

Last edited:
Wandin went on one of the biggest spending sprees the comp has seen the following season.
After the loss to Woori in the GF

What year was it that Wandin lost to Woori in the GF and subsequently went on the biggest spending spree the comp has ever seen?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What year was it that Wandin lost to Woori in the GF and subsequently went on the biggest spending spree the comp has ever seen?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lost the 2014 with a stacked team then went bannanas in 2015.

Powelltown advertising for coaches now, why so late

Powelltown have only themselves to blame for this. All they needed to do was look at the rap sheet of the players they were bringing in and their history.

Also the committee must of put their heads in the sand with the issues off field right on the eve of the season starting and as it went on.

Poison chalice of a coaching job.

So any news on recruits at any premier clubs yet? Woori got a couple of handy forwards. Any other news?

Seems like the meeting did go ahead Thursday night with clubs voting for the new division. But possibly the commission doing a veto?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back