Media Season 23 Media Awards and Okeydoke7 Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Get your money on Elton Johns Wig ,20 votes in the okeydoke7 medal is nothing to sneeze about.
I agree, EJW would be a fitting and worthy winner. On many levels and for many reasons...

But if 20 votes is nothing to sneeze about, either are my 21 votes.

My money is still on Tony Lynn 15. But great call by you, Grav.

Ah, we must be following the seating plan for Mobbenfuhrer Medal night.

Well done Hate & _Cayz_! Massive seasons!

Honoured to share this award with a player of your calibre. Didn't think I'd catch you but I think a tie is a fitting way to cap off a great season for both of us.

upload_2017-6-5_21-21-31.png

SFA Season 23 started off with the biggest influx of rookies that the league has ever seen. Over 70 new posters found their way onto the 12 club lists, and while the majority dropped out for some reason or other, at least no-one faked their own death. The SFA Rising Stars award was created to recognise the onfield and off-field achievements of the best of these rookies, and now the field of 17 has been whittled down to the final 3 by the esteemed panel of experts from SFA Media

Before I proceed with the countdown of the top 3, I'd like to thank my fellow panellists, especially Sterge who created the SFA Media conglomerate. Everyone contributed in some manner to the success of the organisation, even the rebel breakaway Qhampion Data team of tgrs, Cloud_ and Blacky, but RodneyDangerfield, Dennis ClarkeM, Van_Dyke, ClarkeM and Footypie32 all participated in the discussion to some degree. Sterge has declined to continue the SFA Media into next season, but I may still run the SFA Rising Stars award independently, depending on the depth and quality of the field next season.

And so, on with the countdown.
upload_2017-6-5_22-36-6.png
With key statistics of a 79 DreamTeam points average, a 32 posts/match posting performance and an equal-best rookie performance in the okeydoke7 medal of 21 points, Fryer Tuck was the early favourite to take out this award. Some strong posts and threads that even okey himself described as long early on for the Mt Buller Demons led to him making an early move into the ruck line, from where he had several strong games that were perhaps worthy of a nomination, yet he was constantly pipped at the post by a competitor's outstanding performance. He eventually got the nod and was nominated in round 13, but the view of the panel was that he faded slightly in the second part of the season. Still, in such a strong field, a third placing is an achievement to be proud of.
upload_2017-6-5_22-47-11.png
The very first nomination for the Rising Star award was bomber guidance counsellor TheCoach16.
Coach averaged 71 DT points and nearly 87 posts per game, and finished level on okeydoke7 Medal voting with Fryer Tuck. His easy-going demeanour, and sense of wonder at the complexities of the Land of Sweet hardly diminished throughout the season, and he even managed to make an enemy, following a large percentile of the SFA in putting BRAB on ignore. Well done, TheCoach16 - in many other seasons, you would have been the standout winner of every rookie award going. :thumbsu:
upload_2017-6-5_22-55-1.png
Congratulations to sausageroll from the Fighting Furies! For quality, consistency and class, the panel could not go past...

OH NO! NOT AGAIN!
upload_2017-6-5_23-1-46.png
Well, he could have come better dressed for the occasion, but hearty congratulations to Elton Johns Wig from the East Side Hawks on being the SFA Rising Star for Season 23. Probably the first rookie to sign up for this season, EJW settled into the league quickly, and was an early recipient of the ruck position at the Hawks. He was nominated in round 2 for the award, and has maintained a constant match thread presence of around 50 posts/game while averaging near on 75 DT points per week. He was just one okeydoke7 medal vote behind the other two podium finishers, but what really set him apart in the final reckoning was his consistent and prominent presence in Media.
Congratulations to Elton Johns Wig on your Rising Star win. You must now be favourite to in the EKA medal on Mobbs night and get a real badge for your efforts.

We would also like to recognise a few posters who were unlucky in this process.

Firstly, Blaze Storm and philreich were incredibly unlucky not to even get nominated for the award. Both were discussed numerous times, but each time they were outperformed for someone else. If there was a week without an outstanding performance, both of you would have received sympathy nominations, but this isn't the AFL...

Of the rookies who were nominated, it was especially difficult to narrow this list down to 3. You all had outstanding seasons, and we hope that it will be a mere stepping stone for many of you to continue your clubs' and the leagues' fine traditions in future seasons. Particularly unlucky, and mentioned in the final conversation were Avatarp, nahnah, 06Premiers, Grav and Tony Lynn 15, while SweetD may have taken out the whole shebang if he had entered the league earlier!

That concludes this evenings ceremonies. I hope you enjoyed your orange juices, and your drinking licences can be collected on your way out.

View attachment 378439

SFA Season 23 started off with the biggest influx of rookies that the league has ever seen. Over 70 new posters found their way onto the 12 club lists, and while the majority dropped out for some reason or other, at least no-one faked their own death. The SFA Rising Stars award was created to recognise the onfield and off-field achievements of the best of these rookies, and now the field of 17 has been whittled down to the final 3 by the esteemed panel of experts from SFA Media

Before I proceed with the countdown of the top 3, I'd like to thank my fellow panellists, especially Sterge who created the SFA Media conglomerate. Everyone contributed in some manner to the success of the organisation, even the rebel breakaway Qhampion Data team of tgrs, Cloud_ and Blacky, but RodneyDangerfield, Dennis ClarkeM, Van_Dyke, ClarkeM and Footypie32 all participated in the discussion to some degree. Sterge has declined to continue the SFA Media into next season, but I may still run the SFA Rising Stars award independently, depending on the depth and quality of the field next season.

View attachment 378463
With key statistics of a 79 DreamTeam points average, a 32 posts/match posting performance and an equal-best rookie performance in the okeydoke7 medal of 21 points, Fryer Tuck was the early favourite to take out this award. Some strong posts and threads that even okey himself described as long early on for the Mt Buller Demons led to him making an early move into the ruck line, from where he had several strong games that were perhaps worthy of a nomination, yet he was constantly pipped at the post by a competitor's outstanding performance. He eventually got the nod and was nominated in round 13, but the view of the panel was that he faded slightly in the second part of the season. Still, in such a strong field, a third placing is an achievement to be proud of.
View attachment 378469
The very first nomination for the Rising Star award was bomber guidance counsellor TheCoach16.
Coach averaged 71 DT points and nearly 87 posts per game, and finished level on okeydoke7 Medal voting with Fryer Tuck. His easy-going demeanour, and sense of wonder at the complexities of the Land of Sweet hardly diminished throughout the season, and he even managed to make an enemy, following a large percentile of the SFA in putting BRAB on ignore. Well done, TheCoach16 - in many other seasons, you would have been the standout winner of every rookie award going. :thumbsu:
View attachment 378471
Congratulations to sausageroll from the Fighting Furies! For quality, consistency and class, the panel could not go past...

OH NO! NOT AGAIN!
View attachment 378474
Well, he could have come better dressed for the occasion, but hearty congratulations to Elton Johns Wig from the East Side Hawks on being the SFA Rising Star for Season 23. Probably the first rookie to sign up for this season, EJW settled into the league quickly, and was an early recipient of the ruck position at the Hawks. He was nominated in round 2 for the award, and has maintained a constant match thread presence of around 50 posts/game while averaging near on 75 DT points per week. He was just one okeydoke7 medal vote behind the other two podium finishers, but what really set him apart in the final reckoning was his consistent and prominent presence in Media.
Congratulations to Elton Johns Wig on your Rising Star win. You must now be favourite to in the EKA medal on Mobbs night and get a real badge for your efforts.

Firstly, Blaze Storm and philreich were incredibly unlucky not to even get nominated for the award. Both were discussed numerous times, but each time they were outperformed for someone else. If there was a week without an outstanding performance, both of you would have received sympathy nominations, but this isn't the AFL...

Of the rookies who were nominated, it was especially difficult to narrow this list down to 3. You all had outstanding seasons, and we hope that it will be a mere stepping stone for many of you to continue your clubs' and the leagues' fine traditions in future seasons. Particularly unlucky, and mentioned in the final conversation were Avatarp, nahnah, 06Premiers, Grav and Tony Lynn 15, while SweetD may have taken out the whole shebang if he had entered the league earlier!

That concludes this evenings ceremonies. I hope you enjoyed your orange juices, and your drinking licences can be collected on your way out.

Don't tag me minnow

Nothing surer than I get pipped at the big dance. It's a lock.

Thanks for the recognition, and thanks to all the other rookies from this year. It's a good batch, and I am sure we will see quite a few long term contributers to the league.

I look forward to the battles ahead.

View attachment 378439

View attachment 378463
View attachment 378469
View attachment 378471

OH NO! NOT AGAIN!
View attachment 378474

Congratulations Elton Johns Wig !!!

Definitely happy to lose to a bloke of your character. I can't think of anyone who is more deserving. You're a gentleman and a worthy winner...

Fryer Tuck, I reckon they may have tossed a coin to decide second and third. Because I don't see any other way I could've finished ahead of you. You're an absolute gun on and off the field.

Personally, on being runner up. I'm a huge fan of both of you and feel honoured to be mentioned in the same breath as you two standouts.

Thanks to Ant Bear for the work and effort of putting that together. I have massive respect for what you do for the league.

To all the other rookies, nominated or not. It can be a tough gig sometimes in here as a "minnow". But I think you'll agree, it's worth it. Well done everyone.

View attachment 378439

View attachment 378463
View attachment 378469
View attachment 378471

OH NO! NOT AGAIN!
View attachment 378474

Fryer Tuck Couldn't even win best Demons rookie. ******* joke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burningdwarf , please be sure to let me know when BRAB shows up to shitcan me for coming second. And how, in my case, it's actually an ironic insult rather than an honour. And how embarrassed and humiliated I should be feeling right now...

burningdwarf , please be sure to let me know when BRAB shows up to shitcan me for coming second. And how, in my case, it's actually an ironic insult rather than an honour. And how embarrassed and humiliated I should be feeling right now...
Third ;)

Personally, on being runner up. I'm a huge fan of both of you and feel honoured to be mentioned in the same breath as you two standouts.
Third ;)

...unless Ant Bear is just screwing with everyone and Elton Johns Wig isn't actually the winner. I can't see any other legitimate reason for you claiming to be second.

Third ;)

Third ;)

...unless Ant Bear is just screwing with everyone and Elton Johns Wig isn't actually the winner. I can't see any other legitimate reason for you claiming to be second.
You made me do a double take, you...
You...
You... sausage!

But I see now, what you did there...
ok. "Third" ;)

Congratulations to Elton Johns Wig on winning the rookie of the year. We had some moments during the year fella but I respect your posting and am glad we sorted our differences.....let me know if we haven't but! :D

To TheCoach16 and Fryer Tuck well done on fantastic debut seasons, I hope this rookie class continues on for many seasons to come.

Tony Lynn 15, stiffer than a honeymooners dick in Bangkok!

Congratulations to Elton Johns Wig on winning the rookie of the year. We had some moments during the year fella but I respect your posting and am glad we sorted our differences.....let me know if we haven't but! :D

To TheCoach16 and Fryer Tuck well done on fantastic debut seasons, I hope this rookie class continues on for many seasons to come.

Tony Lynn 15, stiffer than a honeymooners dick in Bangkok!
Second that, congrats to all the top 3!

Good for the league going forward....I think o_O

[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]
[/SPOILER]​
Wow, spoilers inside of spoilers. Fancy.

But it also left me wondering why everyone was doing victory speeches when you'd only announced 3rd place.
BRAB can you shitcan TC16 for coming second so I can let him know?

Wow, spoilers inside of spoilers. Fancy.

But it also left me wondering why everyone was doing victory speeches when you'd only announced 3rd place.

I can also multi-quote.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back