Official Match Thread Season 23, Round 13 – Las Vegas Bears vs West Coast Wonders at The Stadium In The Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

1. 267338_4f8e9f2e4004ef6206cd2f646434ccf3.png
  2. vs
  3. mMTlWH4.png

Unfortunately, qooty took a bit of a back seat over the weekend, when the awful news of Fred’s untimely passing broke. As I’m a newcomer to this forum in season 23, I never knew or spoke to the man. However everything I’ve read in the last 24 hours has made it abundantly clear to me that everybody who had anything to do with him loved him dearly, and he’ll be sorely missed by everybody.

However life must go on, and we have a very important match to discuss.

Form guide:

Las Vegas Bears

WLLWL

Round 11: Las Vegas Bears 13:8 (86) defeated Baghdad Bombers 11:13 (79)

Round 12: Fighting Furies 13:15 (93) defeated Las Vegas Bears 12:1 (73)

West Coast Wonders

LLWWW

Round 11: West Coast Wonders 14.5 (89) defeated Gold City Royals 9.2 (56)

Round 12: West Coast Wonders 16:15 (111) defeated Mount Buller Demons 8:12 (60)

West Coast Wonders

The Wonders made easy work of a struggling Demons outfit (yeah it hurts to admit it!!!), and in the process completed a mid-season hat trick of wins. They’re now only percentage outside the top 8: just behind this week’s opposition. After 2 home games in a row, the Wonders now visit the Stadium In The Sky, knowing a win will catapult them into the 8.

They come up against a team that has won 3 of the last 5 encounters between the 2 teams, including the last 2. It promises to be a fascinating battle. The Wonders’ defence traditionally struggles to contain the Bears’ forwards, conceding an average of nearly 107 points per game. So this battle may be a deciding factor in the result. However in the 6 battles between the 2 teams at this venue, the Bears have only won twice.

Player to Watch?

haydo169 played a blinder in round 12, finishing on top of the Dream Team rankings with 121 points. The Bears will need to quell his influence if they want to triumph in this one.

Las Vegas Bears

The Bears made the ladder leaders earn their 8th win in a row, although they were helped by freakish accuracy in front of goal. They now face a real battle to stay in the top 8. I’m sure they’re sick of hearing about it, but that 4 point penalty may prove very costly. So they’ll be going all out in this one, to shore up their finals spot.

Player to Watch?

With another 6 goals against the Furies, Doctor Gero is having a stellar year in front of the big sticks. Keeping him relatively quiet will be a key to success for the Wonders.

Who wins?

Like Donald Trump, the sim has a mind of its own :), so the result of this one is anybody’s guess. My crystal ball says Wonders by 7 points.

Captains please have your team sheets in by the 11.59 Thursday deadline.

Last edited:

Who even plays for the Bears these days?
Matera, the Ding, Gero and about 10 top class rookie phenomenons.

We are essentially the GWS Giants, ready to establish a premiership dynasty.

The only difference is we aren't an SFA created monster. We have established the most promising list in the league by scouring the boards to find an....eccentric group of posting personalities.

The only difference is we aren't an SFA created monster. We have established the most promising list in the league by scouring the boards to find an....eccentric group of posting personalities.
Invisible group of posting personalities?

Who?

I still don't know who they are. I'll go take a look at the Squads submission thread and see if I can recognize anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure OFFtheBALL will introduce himself extremely politely at some stage during the week :)

He's a real gentleman, I love the class he brings to this league.
He can play with our new all conquering rookie SweetD

Well you know not really. It's what a good captain does

ps. I had 29 disposals, 8 tackles and 2 goals last week. How did you go?
You of all people are the captain, and you head for the irrelevency banter straight away? Brave, I like it.

So no one of importance of significance then? Gotcha.

If I remembered this was another Matty week I wouldn't have opened the thread.

You of all people are the captain, and you head for the irrelevency banter straight away? Brave, I like it.

If I remembered this was another Matty week I wouldn't have opened the thread.
10 possesions and 1 free against last week, I can see why you wouldn't want to answer haydo's question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back