Official Match Thread Season 24 Round 11 (SQW): Gumbies FFC vs Fighting Furies @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy who is too chicken to even list a team on his profile talking smack... ok mate
I'm not particularly interested in following teams from areas that I was never born in, never lived in, never stepped foot in, never took a s**t in or will never visit in my lifetime.

Yet you whinge about FT being a pedant lol.
Nothing pedantic about it! Black and White.
Richmond have 11 flags, Sydney/Sth Melb have 5.
Liverpool have 18 titles, Leicester have 1 and Hull City have... a big fat ZERO!
Man Utd have 20.
It's life.

Liverpool have 18 titles, Leicester have 1 and Hull City have... a big fat ZERO!
Man Utd have 20.
It's life.

We have won our last three at home against Liverpool, so I guess there's that.

You do have 18 League titles, but you have 0 EPL titles. How hard is that?

We have won our last three at home against Liverpool, so I guess there's that.

You do have 18 League titles, but you have 0 EPL titles. How hard is that?
We'll get our revenge when we play you on... oh s**t! Sorry about that.
Fine, pedantic boy, you are correct, we have 18 titles.

We'll get our revenge when we play you on... oh s**t! Sorry about that.
Fine, pedantic boy, you are correct, we have 18 titles.

That's ok, I'm sure we'll knock you off in the FA Cup, you seem to enjoy losing to lower league clubs in that.

People who try to troll because a person's team is in a lower league is a bit weird, it's like you're making fun of the fact I have a shred of loyalty in my body and don't jump off a team when they're playing s**t.

I am constantly amazed at how much Liverpool don't get it.

Is the 1980 Premiership Cup in Richmond's locker a VFL Premiership or an AFL Premiership?

There is no chance TIA will get that.

Like that concept is beyond him.

Question for you and answer honestly.
Would you prefer to have won one "Premier League" title and three League cups or eighteen "First Division" titles, eight League cups, seven FA cups, five European cups and three UEFA cups?
Personally, I'm pretty content with Liverpool's lot.
Would really like to win our 19th title, no doubt but as we just saw, droughts will be broken.
Manchester United are the only club with bragging rights over Liverpool, sad but true and only domestically.
Another question for you.
How many do think LCFC would draw to a friendly with Melbourne Victory?
Closer to 95,000 or 95?

That depends on the context.

As a Collingwood supporter, I’m proud of our history. Wouldn’t trade it for anything else. However, the 2010 Premiership means far more to me than any of the others. I was there. I lived it, I breathed it, I winced at the agony of potentially another loss to St Kilda.

As nice as the history is, it’s about being relevant and fighting hard for the next piece of silverware. Keep up the good fight, no matter the competition.

You wonder why other fans like to quote PL titles specifically to Liverpool fans? Because you guys haven’t had any success in the league in the modern era, which has seen virtually a different environment. It’s a sign of living in the past. Yes, you have the CL title, but no Domestic title to show of it. If this was the old school CL, you wouldn’t even be involved in it, since only the Champions were allowed in.

Point of the matter is that history only carries you so far. Hudderfield used to be the most dominant team in history. Now look at them. Do you think most people care about that? No. Think about Jordan Verotout. He had a choice between Leicester and Villa. He chose Villa because of history, despite our bigger offer, big mistake.

You would have 95,000 at the G without question, but for how much longer? All the Aussie Liverpool fans are older guys that have seen the 80s. They're not getting younger. Liverpool will always get the backing of the region, but if you're not careful, you could end up like Newcastle at the present moment. Outside of the Toon, you're not seeing much love for Newcastle, or I suppose Villa even.

Get a title or two, and this perception will change. Otherwise, as things stand, Tottenham's got more going for it, and people would rank you as outside of the big 4, and most likely in 6th place.

Over the last ten years? I would rather have my history over yours. I've seen my team win 3 titles, and be one hell of a roller coaster ride, a period that has seen the absolute worst and the absolute best my club has ever reached. As things stand, my club is the biggest in the East Midlands, and with a bit of work, who knows?

That depends on the context.

As a Collingwood supporter, I’m proud of our history. Wouldn’t trade it for anything else. However, the 2010 Premiership means far more to me than any of the others. I was there. I lived it, I breathed it, I winced at the agony of potentially another loss to St Kilda.

As nice as the history is, it’s about being relevant and fighting hard for the next piece of silverware. Keep up the good fight, no matter the competition.

You wonder why other fans like to quote PL titles specifically to Liverpool fans? Because you guys haven’t had any success in the league in the modern era, which has seen virtually a different environment. It’s a sign of living in the past. Yes, you have the CL title, but no Domestic title to show of it. If this was the old school CL, you wouldn’t even be involved in it, since only the Champions were allowed in.

Point of the matter is that history only carries you so far. Hudderfield used to be the most dominant team in history. Now look at them. Do you think most people care about that? No. Think about Jordan Verotout. He had a choice between Leicester and Villa. He chose Villa because of history, despite our bigger offer, big mistake.

You would have 95,000 at the G without question, but for how much longer? All the Aussie Liverpool fans are older guys that have seen the 80s. They're not getting younger. Liverpool will always get the backing of the region, but if you're not careful, you could end up like Newcastle at the present moment. Outside of the Toon, you're not seeing much love for Newcastle, or I suppose Villa even.

Get a title or two, and this perception will change. Otherwise, as things stand, Tottenham's got more going for it, and people would rank you as outside of the big 4, and most likely in 6th place.

Over the last ten years? I would rather have my history over yours. I've seen my team win 3 titles, and be one hell of a roller coaster ride, a period that has seen the absolute worst and the absolute best my club has ever reached.

You are forgetting that TIA is old as * as has seen like 17 of Liverpool's 18 titles in person.

Also the point about Liverpool fans all being old I know plenty my age and younger who follow Liverpool. It's like saying there are no Richmond fans because we didn't have success until this year.

You are forgetting that TIA is old as **** as has seen like 17 of Liverpool's 18 titles in person.

Also the point about Liverpool fans all being old I know plenty my age and younger who follow Liverpool. It's like saying there are no Richmond fans because we didn't have success until this year.
That's generally thanks to the CL win though.

That's ok, I'm sure we'll knock you off in the FA Cup, you seem to enjoy losing to lower league clubs in that.

People who try to troll because a person's team is in a lower league is a bit weird, it's like you're making fun of the fact I have a shred of loyalty in my body and don't jump off a team when they're playing s**t.
Haha, you butted in trolling me!
Not my fault Hull got relegated!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Over the last ten years? I would rather have my history over yours. I've seen my team win 3 titles, and be one hell of a roller coaster ride, a period that has seen the absolute worst and the absolute best my club has ever reached. As things stand, my club is the biggest in the East Midlands, and with a bit of work, who knows?
It's all good then. You're welcome to it.
I'll stick to the Reds.

Man Utd have 20.
It's life.
Pre EPL history doesn't matter anymore

It's like how noone really cares that Port Adelaide FC have 36 SANFL titles, 4 Championships of Australia, 2 WWI Patriotic League titles and 1 WWII Patriotic League title

It's all about the Chocco Williams choking himself with his tie in 2004.

Doesn't mean it's not worthwhile being a Liverpool fan. Or a Richmond fan till this year for that matter.

Just means you can't really gloat about being a successful team, and Leicester fans can

Doesn't mean it's not worthwhile being a Liverpool fan. Or a Richmond fan till this year for that matter.

Just means you can't really gloat about being a successful team, and Leicester fans can

Which is why I find it amusing when he shits on my team.

Which is why I find it amusing when he shits on my team.
I don't.
I respond when you jump in on the coattails of others.
I really don't think about Hull City at all.

I don't.
I respond when you jump in on the coattails of others.
I really don't think about Hull City at all.
Gee sorry for contributing to a conversation in a match thread. I guess you'd know all about riding on the coattails of others. Before this month you didn't have much to crow about at all.

Remember it like it was yesterday, heading out onto the streets of Liverpool to welcome the 1965 cup winning team. My first real memory of my team tasting success.

Gee sorry for contributing to a conversation in a match thread. I guess you'd know all about riding on the coattails of others. Before this month you didn't have much to crow about at all.
You really don't contribute to match threads, though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back