Official Match Thread Season 25 Round 16: Roys FFC vs West Coast Wonders at Brunswick Junction Oval (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
493424_2218b98c64b697b860146b1037bc151c.png
493436_2518d2e37cfbfce63f552f8fda820d23.png

MATCH OF THE ROUND

Where the Clubs Sit

The Roys -
WLWLL - Currently 3rd

With a Win - And a Dragons loss they can finish 1st (big win over Wonders - turn around 3%) or 2nd. Dragons win they finish 2nd or 3rd.
With a loss - Hawks lose they stay 3rd - Hawks win they finish 4th.

What this means - top 4 regardless - Great season

The Wonders - LWLWW - Currently 1st

With a win - Finish 1st
With a loss - With a dragons loss they can still finish 1st ,if they lose small to Roys. If the Dragons Win - they finish 2nd or 3rd. Most likely 2nd.

What this means - Top 3 certain but top 2 more likely by end of round.

Match ups I would like to see - Lets be honest I only care about the Ruck contest

Ruck - I Dont Care vs U2tigers

I Dont Care - Has moved to that position taking over from in form Ruck woman xenxen. Not sure why that change was made, but I look forward to the match up.

U2Tigers - was leading hitouts coming into last round, before cruelled by Sim. Currently 8 hitouts behind Blaze Storm and praying to qooty gods and Sim to sub him early in his match.

Players in the hunt for top 5 finishes in Stat catagories

Roys

fitzroybowiedog - 171 kicks - 3rd - 8 behind Blaze Storm - Another praying for Blaze Storm to be subbed.

Matt_352 - 82 marks - 3rd - 7 behind MattWriting

xenxen - 1189 DT points - 9th

Wonders

U2tigers - 181 hit outs - 2nd - 8 behind Blaze Storm - C'mon Sim do your thing

JT_the_Man - 173 handballs - 3rd - 15 behind Tommycash

Elton Johns Wig - 105 tackles - 2nd - 3 behind Yakker

haydo - 56 goals - 6th - 12 goals behind Dingster (I added this as you always say you will kick 20 odd)

Bono Predicts

giphy.gif

Wonders to win by 14 points to finish top of the ladder. Roys FFC stay 3rd

Good luck to both sides this week

Captains please remember to post the Official Team Sheets by 11.59pm Melbourne time on Thursday

Last edited:

I am looking to finish the league No. 1 in tackles, so I am going smash each and every one of you Roys, don't take it personally.
Thats it mate fire up.

I want a record score this round, so the ball keeps coming back into the middle, so I can smash the hitouts.

I see the Roys players are content to just make finals, and will be giving the match thread a miss this week?

You can usually not shut I Dont Care up.
This is pretty common for the Roys. Over the years they've been dubbed 'Grandad's Army' because the Roys is generally the place that old SFA stalwarts go to die. We gifted them xenxen last season, as her bubbly and frequent posting was supposed to help bring them from their slumber.

Unfortunately it hasn't really worked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe I'll have to play on the wing. Can't take a trip to Brunswick oval and not say g'day to my favorite Roy

But there might be changes, so post your team after ours :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back