Official Match Thread Season 25 Round 4: Gumbies FFC v West Coast Wonders @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

The season so far

Gumbies – W0 L3

R1. East Side Hawks 18:12 (120) defeated Gumbies FFC 10:12 (72)

R2. Dragons FFC 12:11 (83) defeated Gumbies FFC 11:8 (74)

R3. Gumbies FFC 16:9 (105) lost to Fighting Furies 17:5 (107)

Wonders – W3 L0

R1. Mount Buller Demons 9:12 (66) lost to West Coast Wonders 20:6 (126)

R2. West Coast Wonders 14:12 (96) defeated Sin City Swamprats 11:11 (77)

R3. Gold City Royals 13:15 (93) lost to West Coast Wonders 16:4 (100)

The game

On paper, this appears to be a bit of a mismatch, right? It’s 1st v 11th, so let’s just hand the 4 points to the Wonders, and move onto round 5. Trouble is, the sim knows about as much about logic as Barnaby Joyce knows about fidelity, so hold your horses folks – let’s look at this a bit deeper. The Gumbies have lost their last 2 games by a total of 11 points, while the Wonders beat the Royals because the latter’s goal kicking was about as reliable as a Jay Weatherill election promise (the SA state election is on – yawn!!!). So let’s see how this plays out: everything may not be as it seems.

The Gumbies have had 13-14 active posters this season, although nobody has exceeded SM ’s 63 posts in a single thread so far. So they’ve been about as quiet as an England dressing room after they lost the Ashes. By comparison, the Wonders have been as active as a bride on her wedding night: they’ve had 17-20 active posters, with dogs105, Elton Johns Wig, and U2tigers all prominent.

Who’s hot?

haydo – if you believe the Wonders skipper, the race for the SFA equivalent of the Coleman Medal is as good as over. He has 19 goals in 3 games: if he keeps that up, a triple figure haul is possible. His head is already rather large: heaven help us if he reaches the 100!!!

Jade – currently the Gumbies’ leading goal kicker with 13. He’ll need a big haul this week if his team has any hope of toppling the top team.

Who’s not?

WaLkEr_ThE_StAr

He posts about as often as I win lotto – time to stand up, friend.

Prediction

As mentioned in another thread, predicting the sim is fraught with as much danger as trying to understand a woman, but you have to think the Wonders will continue on their merry way – I’ll say 34 points.

Captains please post your team sheet with "Official Team Sheet" somewhere in the post before 11:59pm Thursday.

One step ahead of you, you can't humiliate us if we already humiliated ourselves you stupid meme.

Also, clearly you have no idea how rucking works if you're expecting to take a mark, not only are you a meme but you are clearly in the wrong position or your leadership is setting you up to lol at your expense.

Finally, nice to see the person I booted out of the club make its way to the supposed most winningest club to validate my booting him out by once again not being around. Never change WTS.

One step ahead of you, you can't humiliate us if we already humiliated ourselves you stupid meme.

Also, clearly you have no idea how rucking works if you're expecting to take a mark, not only are you a meme but you are clearly in the wrong position or your leadership is setting you up to lol at your expense.

Finally, nice to see the person I booted out of the club make its way to the supposed most winningest club to validate my booting him out by once again not being around. Never change WTS.
giphy.gif

LOL

Elton Johns Wig have you ever seen such a huge first page (post #3!) melt?

Hello Gumbies,

I'll always have a soft spot for you in the hard parts of my body as you were the club that gave me my first run on the SFA qooty field. It is just a pity that Quivorir wasn't keen to give up his donut pension in favour of a decent contract for me and I had to go to where I was more appreciated. Good luck this week, but not too much.

The season so far

Gumbies – W0 L3

R1. East Side Hawks 18:12 (120) defeated Gumbies FFC 10:12 (72)

R2. Dragons FFC 12:11 (83) defeated Gumbies FFC 11:8 (74)

R3. Gumbies FFC 16:9 (105) lost to Fighting Furies 17:5 (107)

Wonders – W3 L0

R1. Mount Buller Demons 9:12 (66) lost to West Coast Wonders 20:6 (126)

R2. West Coast Wonders 14:12 (96) defeated Sin City Swamprats 11:11 (77)

R3. Gold City Royals 13:15 (93) lost to West Coast Wonders 16:4 (100)

The game

On paper, this appears to be a bit of a mismatch, right? It’s 1st v 11th, so let’s just hand the 4 points to the Wonders, and move onto round 5. Trouble is, the sim knows about as much about logic as Barnaby Joyce knows about fidelity, so hold your horses folks – let’s look at this a bit deeper. The Gumbies have lost their last 2 games by a total of 11 points, while the Wonders beat the Royals because the latter’s goal kicking was about as reliable as a Jay Weatherill election promise (the SA state election is on – yawn!!!). So let’s see how this plays out: everything may not be as it seems.

The Gumbies have had 13-14 active posters this season, although nobody has exceeded SM ’s 63 posts in a single thread so far. So they’ve been about as quiet as an England dressing room after they lost the Ashes. By comparison, the Wonders have been as active as a bride on her wedding night: they’ve had 17-20 active posters, with dogs105, Elton Johns Wig, and U2tigers all prominent.

Who’s hot?

haydo – if you believe the Wonders skipper, the race for the SFA equivalent of the Coleman Medal is as good as over. He has 19 goals in 3 games: if he keeps that up, a triple figure haul is possible. His head is already rather large: heaven help us if he reaches the 100!!!

Jade – currently the Gumbies’ leading goal kicker with 13. He’ll need a big haul this week if his team has any hope of toppling the top team.

Who’s not?

WaLkEr_ThE_StAr

He posts about as often as I win lotto – time to stand up, friend.

Prediction

As mentioned in another thread, predicting the sim is fraught with as much danger as trying to understand a woman, but you have to think the Wonders will continue on their merry way – I’ll say 34 points.

Captains please post your team sheet with "Official Team Sheet" somewhere in the post before 11:59pm Thursday.
Best OP of the year!

Elton Johns Wig

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Gumbies,

I'll always have a soft spot for you in the hard parts of my body as you were the club that gave me my first run on the SFA qooty field. It is just a pity that Quivorir wasn't keen to give up his donut pension in favour of a decent contract for me and I had to go to where I was more appreciated. Good luck this week, but not too much.
You walked out on the club, thats on you, not me.

Im a bit meh at this whole week.

It had all excitement written all over it when we were facing D2D. nows its just ......... well meh.;)

remind who else the Gumbies got
Chlamydia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back