Official Match Thread Season 25 Round 8: Coney Island Warriors vs Baghdad Bombers at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
upload_2018-3-20_1-10-58.png vs upload_2018-3-20_1-11-5.png

Season so far:

On field:

Warriors:
Warriors sit in 9th position after a close loss to the Wonders. They have now lost 3 of the past 5 games and drawn 1. They are on 7 wins, 4 losses and a draw with a percentage of 106.37, which is quite decent for a team sitting in the bottom 4. Can they come back with a big win over the Bombers?

Bombers:
Much like the Wonders, the reigning B2B premiers are having a yo yo like season, losing every second game. They are sitting in 8th position with 3 wins, 4 losses and a percentage of 95.07. Will the yo yo rise again with a win against the Warriors? Or will the string break as they suffer their second straight loss?

Off field:

Warriors:
The warriors are still a good posting outfit with many quality posters who do well to keep banter qooty related. They have quality posters such as Wooshette, Itsmyshow and Morganashlee and quality rookies such as BLERN and Percel.

Bombers:
We may have not played this lot yet this season, but after getting rid of two toxic players, the Bombers are a 100 times better side from glimpses I have seen. They have a range of decent, highly active posters such as KohPhi , Tony Lynn 15, TheCoach16.

Last time they met:

Round 13 Season 24:

In a thriller, wayward kicking costed the Warriors 2 points as the game ended in a draw. Freofalcon, RedVest4 and Itsmyshow starred for the Warriors where as KohPhi, miggs and tony Lynn 15starred for the Bombers.

CIW SENIORS Vs BOM SENIORS

CIW 5 3 7 6 12 12 15 13 103

BOM 5 1 10 4 12 5 16 7 103

Who is firing?

Warriors:
Wooshette:

After a one season retirement, Wooshette returned to lead the Warriors and is in fine form both in match threads and in media.

Bombers:
CALL ME SNAKE:

Highly active poster this season, was top contributer in their match with the Dumbies.

Who is not?

Warriors:
craffles:

This bay flog was once a highly active poster, also an awful poster, but a likeable one. He has since disappeared. At first I thought he was probably banned but it seems he has lost interested or chosen to spend more time on the Bay.

Bombers:
HaroLad

Haven’t seen him for a while...,

Oh yeah *laughs uncontrollably*

Prediction:
It is difficult accurately predict the result of a randomly simmed game, so I will give some non qooty predictions:

1. Tony Lynn 15 to crack 300 posts

2. TheCoach16 to go into meltdown mode late Thursday night.

3. Wooshette to say “nice melt’ at least once

If I must make a qooty prediction: TheCoach16 will have melted so hard that he won't be able to concentrate on Sunday, therefore the Bombers will be down a player making it easier for the Warriors, even though the Warriors still lose by 15 points.

Captains...Teamsheets...11.59pm Thursday. You know the drill, I shouldn't have to remind you campaigners.

Last edited:
Season so far:

On field:

Warriors:
Warriors sit in 9th position after a close loss to the Wonders. They have now lost 3 of the past 5 games and drawn 1. They are on 7 wins, 4 losses and a draw with a percentage of 106.37, which is quite decent for a team sitting in the bottom 4. Can they come back with a big win over the Dragons
Lets beat these dragons!

I dont think we can possibly lose

What a silly OP NaturalDisaster. We’ve had 17 - 21 posters every week so far, last week 17...with nearly half posting over 20 - 30+ times in a 48 page match thread. The difference is we try to keep most of our posting qooty relevant. Me carrying them? o_O It’s crap like that that makes people think everyone has to post 100+ of spam a game to count around here.
And when do I say ‘nice melt?’ Dum dum.

Soooo, we’ve actually won 2, lost 4, and drawn 1 (another stuff up)
Big game for both teams, 8 v 9 and both really needing to win this to stay in touch as half way through the season approaches so we’ll be training the house down and breaking bleep test records out the wazoo. Beware Bombres.

EDIT:
ND has now edited the OP, but believe me it was the worst OP ever, wrong teams, wrong players, wrong rookies, wrong game stats, wrong posting stats.
Perfect name to OP correlation :drunk:

Last edited:
But then again after hotkorma got named as our best rookie despite not playing for us im not actually sure if being named in the OP is as prestigious as i first thought :oops:
F**** lol, quality from ND this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NaturalDisaster making his OP:

giphy.gif

We need a win and it looks like the camel jockeys and goat shaggers are the ones to play us back into form.

Actually looking forward to this week, first time I've played a Haroless Bombers for a long time and Itsmyshow should have plenty of dirt to dish on his old rabble.

Don't spoil the week Bombers by being….you

Actually looking forward to this week, first time I've played a Haroless Bombers for a long time and Itsmyshow should have plenty of dirt to dish on his old rabble.

Don't spoil the week Bombers by being….you

haro-haro-you-da-best.jpg

What a silly OP NaturalDisaster. We’ve had 17 - 21 posters every week so far, last week 17...with nearly half posting over 20 - 30+ times in a 48 page match thread. The difference is we try to keep most of our posting qooty relevant. Me carrying them? o_O It’s crap like that that makes people think everyone has to post 100+ of spam a game to count around here.
And when do I say ‘nice melt?’ Dum dum.

Soooo, we’ve actually won 2, lost 4, and drawn 1 (another stuff up)
Big game for both teams, 8 v 9 and both really needing to win this to stay in touch as half way through the season approaches so we’ll be training the house down and breaking bleep test records out the wazoo. Beware Bombres.

nice melt :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back