Official Match Thread SEASON 25 SFA GRAND FINAL: Sin City Swamprats vs Roys FFC at SFA Park

Who wins the Season 25 Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Final Battle.

The Grandest Stage of All.

A contest that both teams need to win, and neither team can afford to lose.

This is the Sweet FA Grand Final for Season 25.

SFA BG.png

By some unexplained miracle, the build to the Grand Final has given us not one, not three, but two Cinderella stories.

rats vs roys.png

Halfway through the season, the Sin City Swamprats were dead last, with only one win to their name and a massive uphill battle if they wanted to get anywhere near the top eight.

In contrast, Roys FFC were one of the power teams of the season, staying in the top four all the way, falling just inches short of the minor premiership.

Against criticisms of their captains validity and leadership skills, the Rats somehow made it to the finals, and have been on a run comparable to the Bombers last few finals runs.

The Roys have had an easy going, not even needing their double chance, with an influx of young talent, seem to be shaking off the tag of being too old and too slow.

It's heartbreaking that one of these teams will have to lose on Sunday...but when the stakes are this high, you'll bet there's going to be blood as both teams fight for their first premiership in over a decade.

Let's look at the teams...

rats.png

The Road to the Grand Final

Elimination Final: defeated Fighting Furies, 21.14 (140) - 12.10 (82)
Semi Final: defeated West Coast Wonders, 23.11 (149) - 18.8 (116)
Preliminary Final: defeated East Side Hawks, 16.7 (103) - 10.13 (73)

Predicted Lineup

B: Quadzilla - ChristopHaha - Obeanie1
HB: sportsmaniac89 - rickety - Fizzler
C: Firestarter - ant555 - GotTheGoodes
HF: Power Raid - edgie - sataris
F: gaskin - Dingster - Cheval
R: ShaunDuggan - Ant Bear - philreich

INT: TradeDraft - bergholt

roys.png

The Road to the Grand Final

Qualifying Final: defeated West Coast Wonders, 25.12 (162) - 18.7 (115)
Preliminary Final: defeated Dragons FFC, 18.13 (121) - 12.9.(81)

Predicted Lineup

B: MannumPowerReardoroyboy2
HB: StoodsAzaroleA Bit High
C: I Dont CareMatt_3523KZ is Football
HF: RunkAllikatWise Guy Sam
F: @Mike__ - MoochBarrels
R: xenxenfitzroybowiedogTedDougChris
Int: MobbsKlim

Odds supplied by PhenomBet (please gamble responsibly)

Match Result:
Rats: $Cheese and whiskers
Roy's: $Hello IT, have you tried turning it off and on again?
Draw: $No I can't

First Goal:
Dingster: $Pretty likely
Mooch: $Fairly likely
Someone else: $Reasonably likely

Deestroy Medalist:
fitzroybowiedog: $Maybe
Ant555: $Definitely
Someone else: $Also a chance

Last time they met...

Season 25, Round 15, at the Underground Stadium

Sin City Swamprats: 14.12 (96)
Roys FFC: 14.6 (90)

Players To Watch

ant555.png

The ex-Bombers stalwart and recent Hall of Fame inductee will be looking for an unprecedented sixth premiership when he takes to the field on Sunday. Will he stunner the sim into giving him a third Deestroy too?

mooch.png

The Roys charismatic full forward will be looking to go right out the blocks to impress the crowd. Bravo to you, mooch.

cheval.png

In her final game at the Rats, Cheval has somehow prolonged her farewell until after the Grand Final. Will she be heading to the Bombers as a premiership player?

xenxen.png

Against months upon months of constant criticism and worry, it's a testament to xenxen's strength that she's made it into a grand final. Is it her destiny to be the Roys premiership ruck?

dingster.png

The Rats resident big brother and superhero claimed his first Fred Medal this season. Will he add a Deestroy to the collection?

runk.png

An anomaly of being a rookie at the Roys, a team not known for young ones, will Runk get of his bottom and put on a show, solidifying himself as the Roys new statesman?

Clash of the Captains

Later on in the thread, I'll be interviewing both Ant Bear and fitzroybowiedog about the game and how their teams are coping, so look out for that sometime around Thursday.

Phenom's Tip

Qooty will be the winner. Both teams are long overdue for a premiership, the first for either team in nearly 12 years, so I don't really want to pick a winner.

But if you forced me to, I'd go with the Rats in an upset.​

Last edited:

HERE WE GO BOYS AND GIRLS GRAND FINAL TIME
Never thought I’d see the day where the Swampies are in the Grand Final, yet here we are.
Let’s win it chaps!

Nov 9, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
🐍🏆Ophidian Old Boys🏆🐍 and Mizzou
Good Luck to Both teams.

But I will be going for the Swamprats in this one. Sirengate is still to fresh.

But if I was truthful, I will be going to the GF, to see Meatloaf, and the SFA GF Sprint. (haydo who have we got running for the Wonders)

Also good Luck to the Rookies playing, remember that the Rookie game is on Wednesday after, so don't over do things.

This is incredible and the story that legends are made of.

From 1-7 and a loss before a resim to Grand Finalists.....sit down Leicester City, you don't compare to us.

Let all be welcome for what promises to be a week of fun and frivolity oh and before we forget, #sackantbear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back