Media Season 26 Extended All-SFA Squad

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn’t an active media poster this year, but I don’t appreciate the quality of my posting questioned. It’s pretty unfair.

Harden up mate.

You might want to re-read what was actually written
My reading comprehension is fine. You suggested my posting wasn’t the same quality as others.

My reading comprehension is fine. You suggested my posting wasn’t the same quality as others.
Fair play, you've read that correctly. I stand by what I said. Six quality rucks on and off the field with what should have been two spots. Still trying to fit a triangle peg in a round hole though.

Appreciate it.

Thing is all this subjective voting, the All-SFA, EKA and even the beez voting, is so skewed by a lot of influences, it's not an accurate reflection and like any season there's curious results.
Looking at the team it appears as though they've tried to base the team in the roles they played on field and as a result this team, unfortunately, doesn't represent the best 20 overall players of the season. You might have the 100th best player who is the 6th best backman making the team for instance.
The argument that this is a 50% posting 50% performance thing doesn't hold up here. You have All-SFA selections that barely posted in a week or two and one that didn't post for half the season, but their stats get them over the line. You could make that same argument for posters whose contributions were among the best for the season even if they weren't clearly the best statistically in their position.

Apologies in advance for venturing in to flog territory here, but here's my situation. I admit the ruck position was a very strong position this season. Statistically I was the 4th best ruckman for the season, despite starting one less game in the position, with Manangatang leading the way. I agree that statistically he had a better season in that department.
To turn it over to the posting aspect of things. Posts per match thread I was solid and sure it was much less than some of my positional peers, but post counts make for a rubbery argument. It's the posting impact that should be considered.

Just looking at the main board of the Sweet FA I have contributed the following this season :
- The All time Sweet FA team rankings
- The Swankie and Sweet Rankings, one of the few weekly based threads that was actually updated weekly/completed.
- Brought to attention the idea of a Hall of Fame committee which is in now on the discussion table.
- Brought up the idea, and actioned, (to what I understand to be a success) of a live last round.
- Provided the finals scenarios in the S26 results thread
- A couple of other media threads, reasonably active across the board and, I try to be, engaging in match threads.
Trying to take an outside view here (and probably sounding like a w***er), but I think those contributions made one of the most significant impacts to the league, and season, this year and you would think it would receive some sort of official recognition when much less has been recognised both this season and in the past.

I know in the scheme of things this is something that really means nothing in the scheme of the world, but in the Sweet FA world it does and I know this is hollow coming from somebody in and out of this league, but it makes me consider contributing in future. I had projects lined up for next season, and while I don't set out for the recognition, I now feel it's not worth it.

I know it's all said and done, I know I might come across as jaded and I'm sure the cocksure neophytes will jump in with their stories of how I am wrong and this is the new world, but new or old you still need to acknowledge those who have put in in addition to those who have been blessed by the coding, otherwise what's the point?
I argued pretty hard for your inclusion as 2nd ruck, but it looks like Mobbs got your spot in the team.
But only 1 ruck in the All Sweet F.A. team does irk me a bit. The committee got it wrong here.
The committee don't choose the team, they only advocate for who they think should be in. The Admin chooses the team.

The ruck position was easily the hardest to fill, I believe. On the field, they were excellent but off-field, rucks provided a lot of entertainment. I appreciate the input Broken has had but I'll admit, I didn't know he was responsible for some of those ideas. I've also enjoyed the contributions of The Jesus, U2tigers, Matty411, Tigerturbulance not just in match threads but around the boards. manangatang may not have had the same quality of posting but he was up and about and his on-field stats couldn't be ignored.
manangatang is as good as any of those names in terms of posting quality, comfortably. Been the backbone of the Demons this season and the one player we nominated I considered an absolute lock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again - six pegs, two holes
Yeah but you’re the one mounting an argument that he wasn’t of the same quality of other prospects. It’s incumbent on you to support that claim, which I definitely don’t think was fair or even correct.

He was a clear and obvious selection as far as I’m concerned for what it’s worth

Fair enough. FWIW, mang is a good poster but as I said, six players for two spots. Broken outline his arguments, which are fair. U2tigers, The Jesus and Matty411 have all been more active than mang outside of match threads both as posters and authors of media. Tigerturbulance hasn't been as active as an author but has brought personality as a poster in match threads and media.

mang is not a "clear and obvious selection" and to be quite fair, none of the other five are either. All six have contributed something different to the league this season and it would have been a tough decision to come up the one ruck they did come up with when a second player more than deserves a place in that team.

Fair enough. FWIW, mang is a good poster but as I said, six players for two spots. Broken outline his arguments, which are fair. U2tigers, The Jesus and Matty411 have all been more active than mang outside of match threads both as posters and authors of media. Tigerturbulance hasn't been as active as an author but has brought personality as a poster in match threads and media.

mang is not a "clear and obvious selection" and to be quite fair, none of the other five are either. All six have contributed something different to the league this season and it would have been a tough decision to come up the one ruck they did come up with when a second player more than deserves a place in that team.

manangatang deserves his spot.

I just think another Ruck should have been on the bench.

I didn't have the numbers onfield mate but thanks.

FWIW Broken and manangatang were the clear all round stand outs with roo2macca very unlucky but lack of media probably ruling him out. Just

He's a gun

Shame he's not very likeable
It hurt me to say nice things about him. Do you know how tough it is to have to post each week when you know you’re gonna have to put up with his verbal volleys all week? ;)

We’ll agree to disagree. Mang has one of the better seasons I can remember, both on field and off. Rated highly in my beez voting (not that the others didn’t)

It hurt me to say nice things about him. Do you know how tough it is to have to post each week when you know you’re gonna have to put up with his verbal volleys all week? ;)
I really want to like manangatang but he makes it so difficult.

He reminds me of Nuttela, it should taste good right? We all like chocolate and nuts, but for some reason it just doesn't work.

That and he's a complete whore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back