Official Match Thread Season 26 Round 17 Baghdad Bombers vs West Coast Wonders at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice to see all of the discussion is STILL about me despite the below post claiming I am stale and boring.

I like the above rant, particularly the Westinghouse7 comment. That’s some of your best, I must say.

To suggest there has been no evolution in my posting in my career is to show ignorance.

I started as an ‘upstart’ newbie determined to break up the boys club and challenge the stubborn veterans (the exact style of posting I now have to face off against every week now roles have reversed).

I became an absolute s**t and an antagonist and got a bad reputation.

I took a couple of seasons off.

I returned with a shift in persona and style. I came back as a much nicer poster. A bit friendlier. More laid back. Less inclined to step on toes.

Despite my opinions on big issues not changing, I found that I had a lot more support. People agreed with me more. I was more liked (voted in the top few of the beez trophy a few times, voted league’s best media performer 3 times running).

So I was at the top of my game between S15-18 with that shift if you believe the Sweet FA.

Except on many respects I wasn’t. This league is far better when people are willing to speak their minds and say what they really think. This league is better when people are willing to voice their opinions regardless of backlash. This league is better when there are posters who don’t care for reputation.

When I stood down as administrator I decided to ‘being back the biff’ a bit, but TFW pissed me off by charging me for bringing the game into disrepute so I went quiet.

I’m back in a big way and I’ve decided I give zero shits what people think, I’ll be antagonistic and more arrogant than ever because the league is more colourful with all different sorts of posters.

I have constantly evolved and watched on as the Sweet FA sheep slowly change their opinions about me based on my persona. Unable to separate some logical opinions and arguments from one’s persona. It’s a laugh.

People say they don’t like it and it’s boring and it’s stale. Yet people also tag me and mention me all across the league because I’m known for it. It generates discussion. It creates some banter. It fires people up (like all of you and even my teammate U2tigers).

I know exactly how to post to be more liked across the league and even within my team. But I genuinely think the league is worse off for it. And to be honest, I don’t enjoy it as much. I like the fantasy aspect of this game. I like being able to play FF and kick goals in a fantasy game. I like being able to adopt a narcissistic persona you’d never get away with in real life (unless you’re Warwick Capper).

So I’ve evolved and will continue to evolve. But only when I want to. And because I want to. Because anyone who says they aren’t here for their own enjoyment is kidding themselves.

Any chance next time you can come back as a poster that limits it to say one paragraph?

The word 'okeydoke7' has appeared 200 times in this thread.

The shortened version 'okey' has appeared 111 times.

The even shorter version 'oke' has appeared 6 times.

The above statistics do not include the posts where I have been referred to as 'he' 'you' or 'your teammate'.

After running the numbers, it turns out U2tigers is right and it is all about me.

It's time to follow instruction and share the love.

ClarkeM thank you for getting the SoO discussion back on the agenda. Love it.

ShaunDuggan you're not just one of my favourite posters at the moment, you're one of my favourite posters ever.

PVF and croweater 41 pull your fingers out :p

haydo thank you for trusting in me and recruiting me. I hope it's paid off.

Dingster you've had a huge impact since joining the club. You settled in without a worry in the world.

JT_the_Man I didn't know anything about you in Round 1 but I've come to bloody love playing alongside you.

Elton Johns Wig I love your username and your melts thread.

Sab22 go the bloody Saints.

Beutbrute I didn't think I liked GIFs but every now and then you make me chuckle.

I know I left a few out. Sorry. I'll report to Wonders headquarters for chastisement.

You've posted more times in this thread than you did the whole season last year with the Bombers. It's certainly paid off mate haha

The word 'okeydoke7' has appeared 200 times in this thread.

The shortened version 'okey' has appeared 111 times.

The even shorter version 'oke' has appeared 6 times.

The above statistics do not include the posts where I have been referred to as 'he' 'you' or 'your teammate'.

After running the numbers, it turns out U2tigers is right and it is all about me.

It's time to follow instruction and share the love.

ClarkeM thank you for getting the SoO discussion back on the agenda. Love it.

ShaunDuggan you're not just one of my favourite posters at the moment, you're one of my favourite posters ever.

PVF and croweater 41 pull your fingers out :p

Dingster you've had a huge impact since joining the club. You settled in without a worry in the world.

JT_the_Man I didn't know anything about you in Round 1 but I've come to bloody love playing alongside you.

Elton Johns Wig I love your username and your melts thread.

Sab22 go the bloody Saints.

Beutbrute I didn't think I liked GIFs but every now and then you make me chuckle.

I know I left a few out. Sorry. I'll report to Wonders headquarters for chastisement.
It’s good that the Bombers have shown you the error of your ways. Let’s hope you’ve learnt something, and continue on the right path...
You’re welcome, okey. (That’s 112)

I thought you despised one word posts :think:

:p
That was the irony.

He asked me if I was any chance to make my responses shorter.

I posted ‘no.’

A one word post. And my second post in a row.

It was an ironic response.

I’m happy to explain anything else you need help with mate.

Great to see the team PM has managed to placate things. You can now all continue being the vanilla boring campaigners we all know and love.
lol mate...save that insult for a team that deserves it, like the Gumbies or Dragons. One thing we are not is vanilla you **********!!

That was the irony.

I posted ‘no.’

No, dont worry, I understand irony.

It always bought a smile to my face when my mother would get angry at me and call me a 'son of a bitch'.

No, dont worry, I understand irony.

It always bought a smile to my face when my mother would get angry at me and call me a 'son of a bitch'.

Yes and when your wife always tells me you are a much better lover than I am.

That was the irony.

I posted ‘no.’

NANE !

Never apologise never explain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bad am I going. She told me mine was smaller than yours...
giphy.gif

And the Bombers have finally descended into the Mum jokes we all knew they’d give in to.

Mate to be fair you have given a one man clinic today on how to implode, divide a team and then try and make up for it.

The Mum jokes are a welcome relief even for your team mates.

Mate to be fair you have given a one man clinic today on how to implode, divide a team and then try and make up for it.

I’ve given a clinic all week and I wasn’t the one to implode (and you know it).

The Mum jokes are a sad derailment from this combative thread.

Not only did you implode, worse still you back flipped and went the soft option.

Wife jokes! We made wife jokes!
Do you only read your own posts?! They were wife jokes!

See, we were discussing irony, then KohPhi said something about his mum being ironic. Then Tony Lynn 15 took that and implied he was banging KohPhi’s wife. Then I implied that I too was abanging KohPhi’s wife. Then we laughed. See? Wife jokes...

By the way. I’m not really doing Mrs KohPhi. It’s a joke. I’m doing Tony Lynn 15 ’s wife.

Not only did you implode, worse still you back flipped and went the soft option.
Where exactly?

In the post where I tagged a bunch of Wonders teammates and played nice?

Did you notice that at the end I took a swipe by pointing out that by tagging particular Wonders and not others I may also have caused division. Did you notice that I said I’d report to Wonders Headquarters for chastisement after my post?

I get Coach’s never explain approach, but when I’m dealing with Bombers too stupid to see the underlying meaning of posts then I sort of have to.

Where exactly?

In the post where I tagged a bunch of Wonders teammates and played nice?

Did you notice that at the end I took a swipe by pointing out that by tagging particular Wonders and not others I may also have caused division. Did you notice that I said I’d report to Wonders Headquarters for chastisement after my post?

I get Coach’s never explain approach, but when I’m dealing with Bombers too stupid to see the underlying meaning of posts then I sort of have to.

I noticed you took the piss weak option and folded.

Wife jokes! We made wife jokes!
Do you only read your own posts?! They were wife jokes!

See, we were discussing irony, then KohPhi said something about his mum being ironic. Then Tony Lynn 15 took that and implied he was banging KohPhi’s wife. Then I implied that I too was abanging KohPhi’s wife. Then we laughed. See? Wife jokes...

By the way. I’m not really doing Mrs KohPhi. It’s a joke. I’m doing Tony Lynn 15 ’s wife.
You’d best explain that to your teammate:

The initial post was a Mum joke.

Yes, there were wife jokes. But the first post about irony was a joke about his Mum calling him a son of a bitch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back