Official Match Thread Season 26, Round 5: Coney Island Warriors vs West Coast Wonders at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 26- Round 5
CONEY ISLAND WARRIORS vs WEST COAST WONDERS
Van Cortlandt Park
545595_af67a8f970d5db30c4b69c7364e3bd25.png
HOME AND AWAY HISTORY
season 24 round 3
Coney Island Warriors 21.7 (133) defeated West Coast Wonders 18.10 (118)
Coney Island Warriors 19.6 (120) defeated West Coast Wonders 10.10 (70)
Coney Island Warriors 23.10 (148) defeated West Coast Wonders 17.10 (112)
Coney Island Warriors 17.16 (118) defeated West Coast Wonders 15.13 (103)

The Warriors have only had 4 home games against the Wonders since coming into the league and have won all of them quite convincingly, they will be very confident coming up against them at their fortress that is Van Cortlandt Park.

Topping the table with 4 wins and an extremely high percentage of 182.4% aswell as the stingiest defence in the league. The Warriors are flying. They came up against the Bombers last week and cruised their way through the game in what some might accuse them of resting players while actually playing them. They wont be taking this game for granted though, and will want to come out strong to show the competition how good they really are.

It has not been the season the Wonders were hoping for, sitting in 11th place with just the 1 win to their name so far they are desperate to turn their season around. they need more team performances because leaving the bulk of the work to just a few has not helped them so far. Is this the week where they start to find some form? they will need to do something drastic if they are to beat the leagues strongest s26 outfit.

WHO'S QOT AND WHO'S QOT:
Q(h)OT:

147607.jpg

BigJoeD_ (Warriors)
Hot off a bag of 4 against the Bombers, the Warriors Vice Captain is on a hot streak and 5 goals clear of Jivlain in the Fred heading into round 5. Shutting down BJD is a must-win battle if the Wonders are going to win the overall scoreboard war. If BJD gets off the chain again, the wonders can say goodnight.

179095.jpg

Cactus_ (Wonders)
Who is this kid? I'm pretty sure I've never seen him before. Must be a rookie or something.
Seems to be getting some pretty high stats, but much like your Dane Swans of the day, high stats are meaningless unless they translate into W's. Cactus_ will be hoping for a little more out of the forward line in order to capitalise on his big numbers.

Q(n)OT:

131824.jpg

haydo (Wonders)

It wasn't long ago that the summary of haydo was "sure, his stats are s**t, but at least he's a quality individual in the match threads". Having lost the latter capability early in season 26, the Wonders have made-do with EJW's leadership while haydo hides in a corner massaging his bruised ego. We're hoping for a big turn around for the champ heading into the latter half of the season.

Predictions:
The Warriors over-possess the ball, playing kick-to-kick in their backline and without any strong goal-kicking presence to combat BigJoeD_, this one could get ugly
Warriors by 50 points

QrownBet odds:
Coney Island Warriors $1.40
West Coast Wonders $2.80

Special thanks to BLERN and kdavva74 for their imputs this week

TEAMS DUE BY 11:59pm THURSDAY

Season 26- Round 5
CONEY ISLAND WARRIORS vs WEST COAST WONDERS
Van Cortlandt Park

545595_af67a8f970d5db30c4b69c7364e3bd25.png

HOME AND AWAY HISTORY
season 24 round 3
Coney Island Warriors 21.7 (133) defeated West Coast Wonders 18.10 (118)

season 22 rd 12
Coney Island Warriors 19.6 (120) defeated West Coast Wonders 10.10 (70)

season 21 rd 6
Coney Island Warriors 23.10 (148) defeated West Coast Wonders 17.10 (112)

season 18 rd 9
Coney Island Warriors 17.16 (118) defeated West Coast Wonders 15.13 (103)

The Warriors have only had 4 home games against the Wonders since coming into the league and have won all of them quite convincingly, they will be very confident coming up against them at their fortress that is Van Cortlandt Park.

Topping the table with 4 wins and an extremely high percentage of 182.4% aswell as the stingiest defence in the league. The Warriors are flying. They came up against the Bombers last week and cruised their way through the game in what some might accuse them of resting players while actually playing them. They wont be taking this game for granted though, and will want to come out strong to show the competition how good they really are.

It has not been the season the Wonders were hoping for, sitting in 11th place with just the 1 win to their name so far they are desperate to turn their season around. they need more team performances because leaving the bulk of the work to just a few has not helped them so far. Is this the week where they start to find some form? they will need to do something drastic if they are to beat the leagues strongest s26 outfit.

WHO'S QOT AND WHO'S QOT:
Q(h)OT:

147607.jpg

BigJoeD_ (Warriors)
Hot off a bag of 4 against the Bombers, the Warriors Vice Captain is on a hot streak and 5 goals clear of Jivlain in the Fred heading into round 5. Shutting down BJD is a must-win battle if the Wonders are going to win the overall scoreboard war. If BJD gets off the chain again, the wonders can say goodnight.

179095.jpg

Cactus_ (Wonders)
Who is this kid? I'm pretty sure I've never seen him before. Must be a rookie or something.
Seems to be getting some pretty high stats, but much like your Dane Swans of the day, high stats are meaningless unless they translate into W's. Cactus_ will be hoping for a little more out of the forward line in order to capitalise on his big numbers.

Q(n)OT:

131824.jpg

haydo (Wonders)

It wasn't long ago that the summary of haydo was "sure, his stats are s**t, but at least he's a quality individual in the match threads". Having lost the latter capability early in season 26, the Wonders have made-do with EJW's leadership while haydo hides in a corner massaging his bruised ego. We're hoping for a big turn around for the champ heading into the latter half of the season.

Predictions:
The Warriors over-possess the ball, playing kick-to-kick in their backline and without any strong goal-kicking presence to combat BigJoeD_, this one could get ugly
Warriors by 50 points

QrownBet odds:
Coney Island Warriors $1.40
West Coast Wonders $2.80

Special thanks to BLERN and kdavva74 for their imputs this week

TEAMS DUE BY 11:59pm THURSDAY
$2.80 The Wonders! Luxury odds. Don’t reckon you’ll be able to get us at that price for long. That’s where the smart money will be going.

Blaze Storm no mention of the #IronCurtains who has conceded just 6 goals in 4 games.
Fullbacks really are the forgotten dregs heroes of the SFA.

Damn straight.

Ain’t no #thestreak without the #ironcurtains

Blaze Storm no mention of the #IronCurtains who has conceded just 6 goals in 4 games.
Fullbacks really are the forgotten dregs heroes of the SFA.

Thats a lie.

haydo conceded 29 goals in the first 2 rounds and he hasn't been forgotten....

The Warriors are still here? Lol
9 seasons strong and still the most tight and stable team in the comp :thumbsu:
Good to see you’re still here too Clarkey, I remember when you were the best at stuff.

9 seasons strong and still the most tight and stable team in the comp :thumbsu:
Good to see you’re still here too Clarkey, I remember when you were the best at stuff.
Nice to meet you too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to you.

I’ve had an indifferent start but I’ve finally built some fitness. I’m due for a bag of goals.
Expect a couple of coathangers behind play, I’m still pissed off I lost a couple grand backing you to kick a bag 2 weeks ago.

Good luck to you.

I’ve had an indifferent start but I’ve finally built some fitness. I’m due for a bag of goals.
Both of us are due.

I’ll kick 4 from the pocket.

Good luck to you.

Only 11 goals from you so far mate. I'm giving you 1 more week to show me what you've got. Dont make me swap you with Crowwie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back