Official Match Thread Season 27 First Qualifying Final Mount Buller Demons vs Sin City Swamprats at Snow Dome (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies
1559558490491.png
Props to TheInjuryFactory for the graphics

Another season is over and the Season 27 Finals series has arrived. In this first Qualifier, we see the Reigning Premiers take on Season 25 runner ups at the Snow Dome. The winner of this game will find themselves one win away from a Grand Final appearance, the loser will get a double chance and face the winner of the Royals/Bombers elimination clash.

The Season

Mount Buller Demons:
Led by captain Yakker, the Demons Season 26 premiership defense has been nothing short of excellent. They won their first 4 games of the season, including thumping the dismal Furies in the Grand Final rematch before losing to the Swamprats in Round 5. They then lost only 3 of their next 11 games which included their first back to back loss in two seasons in Rounds 14 and 15. They finished the season as minor premiers with 12 wins, 4 losses and a percentage of 117.54.

Sin City Swamprats
The Swamprats had a good start in Far Kern ‘s first season as skipper. They won 4 of their first 5 games, their only loss being to the Bears in what was a shoot out in Round 3. The Rats continued their consistent performances before hitting a rough patch losing three in a row Rounds 8-10 before getting back on the winners list in their round 11 defeat of the Bears. They then won three games before losing to the Dragons in the final round of the season. They finished the season in 4th position with 9 wins, 7 losses and a percentage of 99.88.

Last five matches

S27, Round 15
Sin City Swamprats 19.11 (125) defeated Mount Buller Demons 15.20 (110)
S27, Round 5
Mount Buller Demons 12.13 (85) lost to Sin City Swamprats 17.8 (110)
S26 First Preliminary final
Mount Buller Demons 18.12 (120) defeated Sin City Swamprats 17.9 (111)
S26, Round 15
Sin City Swamprats 17.8 (110) defeated Mount Buller Demons 14.5 (89)
S26, Round 3
Mount Buller Demons 12.8 (80) lost to Sin City Swamprats 14.10 (94)

The Swamprats have gotten the better of the Demons during their years of dominance winning 4 out of their last 5 games. Their only loss to them in the past two seasons was the most important match which cost them a Grand Finals appearance. The Demons will be hoping to get some revenge this week against the Rats as well as become one game closer to a back to back flag.

Players to Watch

Demons:

Tarkyn_24
The veteran Qootier was wheeled back to his rightful position this season and replicated his early season dominate form booting 74 goals for the season and taking out the Fred medal. Can he kick a bag and force the Rats into next week?

manangatang
The reigning Demons BnF winner has recorded 200+ hit outs for the season and is one of the top ruckmen in the league. He comes up against a rookie in SparkleNarkle which seems like an ample opportunity for him to have a field day.

Swamprats

philreich
The ruck rover was best on ground for the rats in their loss to the Dragons in Round 16. He had 38 disposals, 3 tackles and a goal. Can he back it up this week against the Dees?

GotTheGoodes
The wing man was in top three in the league for disposals after Round 15 and had a solid performance in the final round with 28 disposals and three marks.

ND’s prediction: Swamprats by 17 points

Captain's, remember to have your team sheets in by Thursday 11.59pm.

Last edited:

Howdy Dees. About time we played you guys again - it's been at least 8 days since our last match thread. Hopefully a similar result too......
I’ve almost missed you all. Except GotTheGoodes - he’s still hiding in my roman blinds.

Demons! I've taken the liberty of booking an end-of-season ski holiday for you guys. You'd better hurry down to Kmart to get some thermal underwear, you'll be off in a couple of weeks

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 8.59.42 pm.png

Howdy Dees, it's a pleasure to see you yet again.

There's a pretty big cold snap hitting which means that it's the perfect time of the year to get your skis out. This time though, hopefully, you can downhill ski your way to a loss this week.

We still owe you for the PF of S26 and we intend to repeat the result of 2 weeks ago.

Demons! I've taken the liberty of booking an end-of-season ski holiday for you guys. You'd better hurry down to Kmart to get some thermal underwear, you'll be off in a couple of weeks

View attachment 686203
Mate. We live on a mountain. We’ve got all of that stuff sorted. You’ve just wasted your time and money.

Plus you forgot that we have a child (Tarkyn_24)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate. We live on a mountain. We’ve got all of that stuff sorted. You’ve just wasted your time and money.

Plus you forgot that we have a child (Tarkyn_24)

Guess it's a good thing I payed the extra fees for cancellation then.

I did tell the concierge to send up some cheap and flat froffies when you arrive, compliments of myself and the Rats. You know, after we beat you for the third time this year, forcing you into an SF next week (which you'll lose), the least we can do is send up the cheap froffies that one bloke brought around to our weekly piss up as a goodwill gesture, knowing that no-one actually wants them. The problem was that the guy then sat around drinking the good stuff all night and their stuff sat around hardly touched

Guess it's a good thing I payed the extra fees for cancellation then.

I did tell the concierge to send up some cheap and flat froffies when you arrive, compliments of myself and the Rats. You know, after we beat you for the third time this year, forcing you into an SF next week (which you'll lose), the least we can do is send up the cheap froffies that one bloke brought around to our weekly piss up as a goodwill gesture, knowing that no-one actually wants them. The problem was that the guy then sat around drinking the good stuff all night and their stuff sat around hardly touched
Again, let me reiterate. We live on the mountain - there is no ‘arrival’ for us.

But it’s a nice thought.

Now you stay focused on your rucking this week. I am ready.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back