Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 1: West Coast Wonders vs Las Vegas Bears @ The Colosseum

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
1549898755821.png
The 27th season of the Sweet FA gets underway on Sunday afternoon, after a lengthy off-season that saw the mighty South Australians lift the State of Origin title. The Mount Buller Demons will look to defend their flag, new signings will look to impress, and we can all look forward to some cracking Round 1 fixtures.

The Wonders will be wary of this fixture, hosting the Bears in Round 1 last season and conceding 30 goals, whilst the Bears are looking to make amends for falling short at the elimination final hurdle for the second season in a row. There's plenty of feeling between the two sides, and its sure to be a massive match and match thread.

SIGNINGS

The Wonders, under rookie king Dingster, were exceptionally quiet over the off-season which is an indication that Ding is pleased with his list. The infamous CazC30 joins as a rookie, and they also see the return of Danger Zone whilst losing co-captain ShaunDuggan to the Wonders.

The Bears, after such a successful recruiting spree in S26, have just one rookie this season in the promising Thomas2 and have instead focused on picking up fringe players, with Fizzler (Swamprats), xenxen (Dragons) and MWPP (Royals) joining the club. They lose a couple of inactives, as well as brahj to the Royals and ruckman gym4life to the Dragons.

KEY PLAYERS

okeydoke7 took out the Wonders B&F after a fantastic season as full forward, and there's nothing more certain than the fact he'll start there on Sunday afternoon. U2tigers, similarly, is a lock for the ruck and we should see Elton Johns Wig have a bigger role after playing a lot of S26 on the bench. JT_the_Man, TheHairyGamer, Sab22 and haydo will be around the key positions as well.

The Fab Four of Bears rookies in Cadaver, Barrybran, Test Tickle and Tandy should all continue to occupy key roles, with JoshWoodenSpoon likely to remain in the backline. Doctor Gero will get a run through the middle, as well as Tommycash, and if Thomas2 can impress in his rookie season a premium position may be on offer there as well.

LAST TIME THEY MET

Las Vegas Bears 8.7 (55) were defeated by West Coast Wonders 9.4 (58) at Stadium in the Sky

The Wonders won an absolute nail-biter away from home in the last match-up between these 2 clubs, winning by 3 points after losing their home fixture by 88 points. okeydoke7 was immense, kicking 6 of his team's 9 goals, whilst JT_the_Man picked up 24 touches in a muddy game, by far the best on ground. For the Bears, Barrybran drove them forward with 14 kicks and Doctor Gero got dirty with a game high 6 tackles.

PREDICTION

Bears by 120 points.

Captains, please submit your team sheets by 11:59pm AEDT Thursday.

You weren't around for Round 1 last season were you? I think haydo or U2tigers could remind you though.
And look at what happened. A 30 goal loss without me, and with me, we went from spoon position to the top four in half a season. The results speak for themselves.

I’m hearing you loud and clear mate, been a very long off season.
Great to see we’ve all trained off a shitload and i cant wait get going.
At least we’ve got a very easy game first up with the Wonders.

I'm feeling like 8 goals again, but don't make it too easy for me, pop a few up so I can fly for 'em.

That's no way to speak to the man that made you. If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't have kicked 9 on debut

Thanks bitch. :heart:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Dingster knew what was good for him and his team, he'd keep me away from FB during this contest
Putting you and your elbows in the engine room was part of my tactical genius. I'm in such good form I even helped out Ole Gunnar Solskjær in the off season.

I don’t venture to say this often, but when I do it really means something.

Here we go!

whilst losing co-captain @ShaunDuggan to the Wonders.
My head hurts.

Putting you and your elbows in the engine room was part of my tactical genius. I'm in such good form I even helped out Ole Gunnar Solskjær in the off season.
I've been sandpapering my elbows all pre-season. They should be in prime knick by Sunday

What is the fascination with that flog? Hasn't he played like 40 games or something and never responds when you tag him. Hey Jezmiester40 You flog, come out and play
When you say flog you're being kind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back