Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 10 - Gumbies FFC vs Roys FFC @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

No one reads my bulletins on the bulletin board.
Where is the bulletin board?
That's what I'd like to know.

“But the board was on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find it.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the board, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

what could possibly be the matter boys, can old pal nahnah cheer you up

Even the best Collingwood fans are still awful

This is why we all enjoyed you losing the grand final last year. Shame on you nahnah.

what could possibly be the matter boys, can old pal nahnah cheer you up
No. You can't.
Even the best Collingwood fans are still awful

This is why we all enjoyed you losing the grand final last year. Shame on you nahnah.
I hate to agree with BRAB but he speaks the truth here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THE GUMBY AND THE PANDA

C9sstgB.png
PJvWU7W.png

Out in the north-eastern extremity of Sweet lies the moneyed area of the city: Gumbania.
In the early days, three football teams played in this district:
- Geelong - the Gumbies, who played at the House of Gumby within Gumby Gardens,
- Bell Post - the Hornets, who played at Gumby Gardens Reserve and
- Gumbania Forest - the Pandas - who played at the Pandenon between Sweet and the Expansion National Park

All three teams competed in the Eastern Association, a social-level league (as were all competitions in those days), along with other rivals such as the Fighting Furies, the East Side Hawks, and later the Trieuie Jenierr club,

While all competition was commonly fierce, the rivalry between the Gumbies and the Pandas went to a whole other level, with their matches often violent farces which regularly featured in the evening news due to the extent of destruction that accompanied the event.

When the Sweet FA commenced, the Eastern Association's days were numbered - all social-level leagues were winding down to make way for something more organised. After the Sweet FA's first season was completed, the Eastern Association was dissolved.

Four of the teams moved to the Central Association, while both Gumbania Forest and the Trieui Jenierr clubs folded. Much of the Panda playing stocks transferred to Bell Post. In the CA, Geelong would first meet a couple of teams who would become long-time foes in the future: The Baghdad Bombers and the Roys.

Intent on permeating the aggravation with the old Forest players, Gumbies would refer to the Bell Post as the Pandas, despite their retention of the Hornets moniker. And so the violence continued.

After two seasons in the Central Association, it too was wound down. The Roys and the Furies had already departed to join the big league, and this time it was the turn of the Gumbies and the Bombers. Although future combatant the East Side Hawks had also been playing with the Central Association, their turn at making the big time would come later, after a stint first in the District FL.

Bell Post entered recess, but rose again later to compete in the Suburban FA. You would think that the antagonism between the Gumbies and the Hornets would have died out, but it did not. The Gumbies continuing to regard them as Pandas until the Bell Post club finally petered out after the equivalent season to Sweet FA's Season 23.

To this day, uttering the the word "panda" within the confines of Gumby Gardens has always been a risky venture.
#sweetlore

d8vqvOW.png

for brahj

Last edited:
And that's where we say "I'd like to see you make me."

Landing in the centre of the graph does not have to mean you are just anti left and ant right and anti up and anti down. It could actually mean your considerations PLACE YOU IN THE ******* MIDDLE OF THE ******* GRAPH.

b918ee853939fc1f7df4600329df0356.jpg

"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate."

Happy holidays y’all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back