Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 10 - Gumbies FFC vs Roys FFC @ The House of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

1549786203114-png.617319
vs [IMG='width:382px;']https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FtfZsGWW.png&hash=f70b59acc11b409622df402bc84b3d96[/IMG]

Head to Head:
Gumbies: 22
Roys: 18
Draws:

Last Time They Met:
Gumbies FFC 15.10 (100)
Roys FFC 12.11 (83)

Season 26, Round 15 @ The House of Gumby

The Match:
With yet more point reductions and some losses, the Gumbies were threatening to collapse but they've pulled themselves together and have strung together a couple of nice wins. The Roys' last 5 matches have been WLWLW so this suggests they'll lose this week.

Who's Hot?
roo2macca
Well I am quite dashing! Oh, the other type of hot... yeah, I guess I'm going ok in the ruck once again.

I Dont Care
No Roy has had a real standout season so it has to be the one in good form which is IDC. 24 disposals, 9 marks and 4.3 is a fantastic performance at CHF which led the way for the Roys win. Back that up and they could finally get B2B wins.

Who's Not?
jmoo wan
We know he's capable of so much better so to only amass a solitary handpass is a disappointing effort. Be a leader, not a passenger.

Chezzalenko Reborn
Needs more than 4 touches if he is to maintain his spot in the team.

Prediction:
This is a game where an online sim provides the results so ****** if I know.

Captains please post your team sheet with "Official Team Sheet" in the relevant thread before 11:59pm Thursday.

Sorry I'm late peterss . I was held up signing autographs. I'll take the backstreets next time. Last time I travelled out here I got a bit lost. I ended up walking through a forest of moccasin bread, where I met a troll boy wearing tight pants. Would that have been a wrong turn, or could it have been Fryer Tuck getting into character for his famous aftermatch spectaculars?

The trip out to Gumbania should be an escapade to tell the vnuchki when they get their ears back. We have a good list but by heck wins are hard to come by. Lately we've been WLWLW so the Gumbies can take that stat as a positive sign. We have the best player in the league ineligible to win a Mobbs in 3KZ is Football absolutely smashing it in the centre and Mooch at full forward playing his standard role of sleeping decoy ... with the sleeping part being literal. I think half of our goals have come off the bench actually.

I recently got rated as a good CHB but I did my own stats a few weeks ago and while my opponent doesn't score a lot of goals on me, he tends to hand a heap off. So I'm pretty crappy. But then so must be my fellow half-backers in A Bit High and RU_ if my opponents keep finding options like that. Anyway, I'd like to say I'll be awesome but I fear Uncle Leo might have too much pace around the ground and razor rash around the backside for me to keep up.

Last round we were very solid for three quarters and tried very, very hard to give up the game to the Dragons. We were lucky to hold on. Lots of goalkicking options, even Mooch actually scored a few. We've taken out a LOT of goalposts the last couple of rounds, too, so you may wish to reinforce those at the HOG.

I know it's a bit toffy out your way, we'll try to dress up for the occasion. Do you like me better in hessian or burlap?

Hello StFly without a space! Let's hope we give you none this coming weekend ;)

I'd go get more of my people but they hate my guts so I'll let TedDougChris do it.

I thought I was going to be late but I saw Jivlain pulling up with Barrybran in his Gumbomobile so i'm relieved. A bit annoyed they didn't help me lock up my penny farthing.

Whats a Roy to do in and around the house of Gumby these days?

Hello DERO - if lineups stay the same I will have the pleasure of your company this weekend.

I’ve recently discovered that kicking goals helps you win Qooty matches. You would have thought that someone at the Roys would have mentioned it earlier, but there you go.

I’ve seen Barrels do it, so thought I would give it a go last weekend and it worked.

I’m not sure if it’s a one off thing, like the Dinosaur’s or Jesus (I thought I’d try to catch his return act, but apparently he was a one hit wonder and didn’t tour again) - but instead of my usual plan of running into an open goal and missing, I’m going to try this again.

_Mike_ normally laughs at my goal kicking, so we shifted him to the back pocket. That’ll learn him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi haydo how's life at your new team?
I had to get a lot of plastic surgery done to even resemble some of my team mates, but it's been a blast we've recruited well and got rid of plenty of dead wood from the side and we even got mentioned as SarahSmiles favorite team to banter with. That's a huge step in the right direction for the Gumbies

Sorry, small children at home have been sick - it’s a topical issue for us at the minute....
I’ve spent time in that particular part of hades myself which takes us back to knowing when to remove ourselves from the situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back