Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 10 - Las Vegas Bears vs Mount Buller Demons @ The Stadium in the Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

So, as student of Religion, I am intrigued by the Demons.

What sort of demons are you?

The etymology of the word demon is greek/latin, (daimon/daemon) and means "genius" or in some contexts "deity". Whilst not necessarily evil, the early Christians took the view that they must be evil, since there was but one God to be worshipped - and this early Christian view became prevalent and thus we see demons as evil. Contrary to this, in Hinduism, there are good demons (or spirits as they are also referred to).

The devil in Christian theology is seen as the most powerful of demons - a hierarchical form of thinking that arrayed the heavenly host of God and the angels against Satan (The Devil) and his demons (other fallen angels). Interestingly, much of this idea of good vs evil, a world kept in balance, was adapted from exposure to various other belief systems that early Christianity encountered, in which the concept of a cosmic balance was prevalent - Hinduism is one, Celtic mythology another - but early Christianity didn't have those concepts.

So - is your Captain, or even your greatest ever player, The Devil? Or are you lot simply genii, who play Qooty? And do you promise flowers and mulled wine, or fire and sharp knives?

Mine was good thanks DemonJim - hope yours was uber too.
It started off well, with a win at baseball, then continued with a win at drinking with the boys that night.
Sunday was a win when the hangover was only minimal and the fords won the V8's at Philip Island.
Turned a bit average when the youngest child decided she was going to have a fever to add to her coughing.
Didn't work yesterday because of it, however got to watch some GoT.
At work now, with a cold caught off the girl.

I mean... it was ok. Thanks.

Ruck - although I think there are some teammates unhappy with me atm, so I might be on the bench :)

Not that it bothers me, as I come here to babble s**t.

Ruck? Hahahaha... hey manangatang fresh meat!!

Ruck? Hahahaha... hey manangatang fresh meat!!

Well - as I say, don't be surprised if I'm named on the bench or a pocket, as I certainly won't be.

I shall unleash counter arguments if I am named in the ruck :D

Ah look, it's those insular Demons talking to themselves again.

The reigning premiers kind mate ;)

Hmm - I shall go with no "devil" in your ranks then, but not necessarily benevolent demons either.

You may well be genius Qooty players though, and being the reigning premiers adds some weight to that argument. We shall see over the next week though.

Ah look, it's those insular Demons talking to themselves again.
Pretty tough when your opponents don't really turn up.

But then again I think you guys took inspiration from us. You love yourselves more than any other team. You are now the new definition of insular.

Hmm - I shall go with no "devil" in your ranks then, but not necessarily benevolent demons either.

You may well be genius Qooty players though, and being the reigning premiers adds some weight to that argument. We shall see over the next week though.
We are also 8-1 well clear on top of the ladder atm.

But then again I think you guys took inspiration from us. You love yourselves more than any other team. You are now the new definition of insular.

I'm moving house and Josh is galavanting around the state again. We've left it in the capable hands of Doctor Gero this week.

Nah I can't say that with a straight face.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we have decided to let you guys win this, I mean we are your GF after all. This is the loss we need to have. This one's on us matey ;)

Soz. Was too busy carting yourself and brahj mahal around the park in the BFCCL.
Let's hope you qooty better than you bowl or this will be a cakewalk ;)

So, as student of Religion, I am intrigued by the Demons.

What sort of demons are you?

The etymology of the word demon is greek/latin, (daimon/daemon) and means "genius" or in some contexts "deity". Whilst not necessarily evil, the early Christians took the view that they must be evil, since there was but one God to be worshipped - and this early Christian view became prevalent and thus we see demons as evil. Contrary to this, in Hinduism, there are good demons (or spirits as they are also referred to).

The devil in Christian theology is seen as the most powerful of demons - a hierarchical form of thinking that arrayed the heavenly host of God and the angels against Satan (The Devil) and his demons (other fallen angels). Interestingly, much of this idea of good vs evil, a world kept in balance, was adapted from exposure to various other belief systems that early Christianity encountered, in which the concept of a cosmic balance was prevalent - Hinduism is one, Celtic mythology another - but early Christianity didn't have those concepts.

So - is your Captain, or even your greatest ever player, The Devil? Or are you lot simply genii, who play Qooty? And do you promise flowers and mulled wine, or fire and sharp knives?
The reasoning behind your cogitation here is undeniably sound - it's best to know what you're up against.

I'd like to think we're the types to give you mulled wine and flowers while stabbing you with fire knives. We think deeply and are genii in our own ways. Just take note of how Cooney posts his 'woos' - I've not met a spiritual entitty who can quite match it.

On a side note, it's very difficult to be a Demon in these contemporary times. No longer are we able to walk around and just s**t all over front lawns or thrust our tridents recklessly towards our hapless victims.

Social behavioural norms are far more conservative and centrist these days, which is of course reflected in the political ideals of our time. I'd like to think it's cyclical and we can go back to fire sodomy post-haste, but nobody really knows how long this cycle will last. It feels like the Murdoch press is doing its best to create some tension again, which we're all for.

To be a strong force in this day and age (either in the 'perceived' or 'interpreted' negative or positive form) is a thankless and frustrating task. Just the other day I met with a Saint for a spiced almond milk frappuccino and a vegan fruit log, and he was telling me he'd been having the same issues we face. Social media trolls and centrist bullies are blunting his efficacy and forcing him to wear a man-bun.

It's a ******* disgrace if you ask me.

Ruck - although I think there are some teammates unhappy with me atm, so I might be on the bench :)

Not that it bothers me, as I come here to babble s**t.
The ruck industry is behind you Snags.

However, that will not stop me trying to suck your eyes out with a straw come Sunday.

The ruck industry is behind you Snags.

However, that will not stop me trying to suck your eyes out with a straw come Sunday.
You’ll do it easy!

No we have decided to let you guys win this, I mean we are your GF after all. This is the loss we need to have. This one's on us matey ;)

I don't believe that for a SECOND - if we win, it will be through our efforts, not yours. YOU CAN'T CLAIM OUR VICTORY AS YOUR VICTORY :D

The reasoning behind your cogitation here is undeniably sound - it's best to know what you're up against.

I'd like to think we're the types to give you mulled wine and flowers while stabbing you with fire knives. We think deeply and are genii in our own ways. Just take note of how Cooney posts his 'woos' - I've not met a spiritual entitty who can quite match it.

On a side note, it's very difficult to be a Demon in these contemporary times. No longer are we able to walk around and just s**t all over front lawns or thrust our tridents recklessly towards our hapless victims.

Social behavioural norms are far more conservative and centrist these days, which is of course reflected in the political ideals of our time. I'd like to think it's cyclical and we can go back to fire sodomy post-haste, but nobody really knows how long this cycle will last. It feels like the Murdoch press is doing its best to create some tension again, which we're all for.

To be a strong force in this day and age (either in the 'perceived' or 'interpreted' negative or positive form) is a thankless and frustrating task. Just the other day I met with a Saint for a spiced almond milk frappuccino and a vegan fruit log, and he was telling me he'd been having the same issues we face. Social media trolls and centrist bullies are blunting his efficacy and forcing him to wear a man-bun.

It's a ******* disgrace if you ask me.

I feel your distress.

Those who inhabit any extreme position are drawn into the churning waters of a whirlpool of uniformity.

If a demon is denied the capacity to express through fire and trident, what becomes of the heroes in the world? Are they too cast aside, to be simple mendicants on the highway of life, dragged ever closer to the gaping maw of pedestrianism?

Everything in moderation is the cry of the age - but, surely by definition, that applies to moderation itself?

I don't believe that for a SECOND - if we win, it will be through our efforts, not yours. YOU CAN'T CLAIM OUR VICTORY AS YOUR VICTORY :D
Ummm yes I can... You're new around here huh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back