Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 11 - Sin City Swamprats vs East Side Hawks at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

I would think that would be a little strange , but it is a long long time since i have been on a date so perhaps people do that now.

Nowadays (I think), it's a bit like speed dating.

Swipe right for a date but if it doesn't work, swipe left to avoid them and move onto the next person.

Good thanks Porps.

Yeah, I thrived on the #sackantbear movement... once that was gone I lost a major part of my identity.

(That and modding has absorbed some time getting used to things).

We can #sackfarkern next if you want :p

Oh boy haha.

Back in 2017 I went on many dates. One guy in particular was quite peculiar. I knew from the moment I met him it wasn't going to work out. He was originally from Ukraine (that wasn't the problem obviously) but he kind of reminded me of the meerkats from the Compare the Market adverts. As soon as I heard him speak it was like... Nope.
We sit down in this restaurant and we start chatting, and I learn he works for a large petroleum company. I work for state government, in the minerals and petroleum area so we had something in common there. He then immediately says, "let me give you my business card" and hands it to me. I was like, oookkkay. I accepted it, but I was just weirded out HAHA. There was no chemistry whatsoever. (I think he might've been on the spectrum, which is fine, but not the kind of guy I was looking for). We ordered food and I didn't even feel nervous eating - that's a bad sign :p Poor guy haha. Awkward thing was, I saw him two days later at this young industry professionals event LOL. He came up and spoke to me briefly. That night, he texted me and asked for a second date aw but I politely declined!
Here's a NON dating story: I said to this girl one day, "Where have you been all my life?" She just looked at me coldly and said, "Hiding from creeps like you." I made a snap decision to not take it any further!!!

Haha exactly. But even before we met in person, there was no... humour? or jovial conversation on the dating app. He didn't even say 'lol' or use emojis. Sometimes people are different in person though so that's why I said yes to meeting up.
I had one of those back in the day. I solved the problem by getting black-out drunk. I was so hilarious it didn't matter about her board-like personality of the eve.

Where are the best first date spots in Rads (from a womans perspective) por_please_ya ?

... I feel like the staff at my local are getting sick of hearing the same conversation all the time. I don't want them hating me & sabotaging my beef snitzels in the future as payback....

Nowadays (I think), it's a bit like speed dating.

Swipe right for a date but if it doesn't work, swipe left to avoid them and move onto the next person.
The other tactic you can use when someone knocks you back is to hit the person with a parting, cutting one liner. I was in a bar one night, and I liked the look of this hot chick in the corner. Feeling bold, I waltzed up to her and said, "Hi sweetie - I'd give you one." She gave me a filthy look: if looks could kill, I'd now be pushing up daisies, and she said, "You disgusting pig - I wouldn't make love to you if you were the only man alive." I simply held up a hand and said, "Settle down fatty: I was just giving you a mark out of ten."

Where are the best first date spots in Rads (from a womans perspective) por_please_ya ?

... I feel like the staff at my local are getting sick of hearing the same conversation all the time. I don't want them hating me & sabotaging my beef snitzels in the future as payback....
I used to take quite a few to a lovely place on Rundle St called Cocolat. But it's gone now :'( haha (not that I need a first date spot anymore :p).

Maybe Mae on Peel St is a good place for drinks, and then you can always go to Bread & Bone upstairs for burgers.

Brunelli on Rundle St, rather versatile, can either have coffee and cannoli or dinner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to the upcoming TEDTalk from Porps. and the book tour, I'll have to get a signed copy.
Well s**t I better get writing then!!!

I will mention, on the subject of dealing with teachers in high school. They're just as weirded out seeing their students outside of school as you are. Especially when you're serving them at the Coles checkout.
Once you realise they're as normal/weird as you, you can talk to them on your level. Respect both ways and they'll be as friendly as anyone.
Unless they're born campaigners. Then they deserve all the s**t flung their way

I go from watching a comic book movie last night to living a terrible rom-com today.
What actually is this?

I will mention, on the subject of dealing with teachers in high school. They're just as weirded out seeing their students outside of school as you are. Especially when you're serving them at the Coles checkout.
Once you realise they're as normal/weird as you, you can talk to them on your level. Respect both ways and they'll be as friendly as anyone.
Unless they're born campaigners. Then they deserve all the s**t flung their way

Trying working behind a bar and seeing them blind drunk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back