Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 12 - Baghdad Bombers vs Dragons FFC at Abdu Prison

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 1, 2013
Cabal headquarters
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wouldn't dare...
Charlie from Hi-5. Frankie is short for Francis. Terri with a I
Dave is what an British Asian person calls a white man.

The one that gets me is Billy.
For the ones I met - Charlie/Charlene, Des/Desiree, Frankie/Francesca, Dom/Domenica, Ronnie/Veronica, Stevie/Stephanie and Terry/Theresa (she spelled it with a 'y').

Not sure about Billy/Billie - maybe Wilhemina or Sybil or something?

When I was in the UK, one of my work colleagues was adamant that all men in Australia were named Bruce.

I'm concerned there is a question mark at the end of that post. Has retirement dulled your powers of deduction? :)
Certainly appears so with that post :eek:

After much thought and the realisation that Krooz was out i changed my tip this week.

For the ones I met - Charlie/Charlene, Des/Desiree, Frankie/Francesca, Dom/Domenica, Ronnie/Veronica, Stevie/Stephanie and Terry/Theresa (she spelled it with a 'y').

When I was in the UK, one of my work colleagues was adamant that all men in Australia were named Bruce.
Desiree usually gets shortened to Desi (a name that I don't like). The only Frankie (male) I'e heard of is Frankie Muniz from Malcolm in the Middle, though that is short for Fransisco. Why would a girl shorten their name to Ronnie or Stevie, though it did take me time to get used to saying Steph Curry (as it's not usually a guys name). Google says Billie is apparently short for Wilhelmina (heard it today watching repeats of MasterChef).

Cold Sober

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man U .White Sox;Storm,Victory

Suppose he thought Sheila was their wives name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back