Official Match Thread Season 27 Round 5: Coney Island Warriors vs Gumbies FFC @ Van Cortlant Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 9.01.47 pm.png

Welcome to Van Cortlant park, a name so hard to type I’m pretty sure I got it wrong…
It’s the Gumbies visiting trying to steal 4 points from the Warriors at their fortress. The Warriors are undefeated this season sitting atop the ladder comfortable a full 24 percentage points clear of the Demons. The Gumbies in the BRAB era are looking good sitting in 5th narrowly but within challenging distance of the top 4 with a win this week. The Gumbies are doing great things this year after losing in the Semis to the Rats. With BRAB at the helm and his right hand man haydo near.

We all know the story, BRAB does everything to pick up rookies, grabs a few and starts the season. The Gumbies are doing a lot right at the moment. And the Warriors have just lifted to celebrate Woosh’s 100 game milestone. AND THEN Cloud_ docked the GUMBIES 4 POINTS FOR AN INCORRECT TEAM SHEET!!!

WHO’S HOT?
Warriors: It was a team effort to take down the Hawks last week but @pantskyle’s 25 touches and goal didn’t go astray as the Warriors retained top spot
Gumbies: haydo 23 touches and 10 marks is pretty good, but it wasn’t quite enough to get his new team over the line
WHO’S NOT?
Warriors: comewhatmay 4 touches and 3 marks would usually be enough to avoid this spot but it was such a good team effort that he’s gonna get it.
Gumbies: Jivlain yeah 4 goals is decent but his 8 behinds cost his team the game in the end with a straight kick almost changing the result of the narrow loss to the Furies. His behind on the siren will be haunting him

Last week in a song
Warriors: “We are the champions” We are the champions Queen (In relation to being on top of the ladder and being 4 straight)
Gumbies: “You know that I could use somebody” Use somebody Kings of Leon (In relation to BRAB’s off season recruiting spree)

Random fun fact: A donkey will sink in quicksand but a mule won’t

Predictions: Warriors to stay undefeated and win by 13 points

Captains post your team sheet in the thread by 11:59pm on Thursday or face the reality of Matty411 having to captain your team!

Aaaaahhhhh! Thought she looked familiar!
Welcome to the match thread. This is where we banter with the opposition for the week, take the piss out of each other, talk our team mates up and s**t all over the opposition for a random simulator determines the results on Sunday evening in a game of Qooty.

Young Wooshette is the Warriors captain, she is a little special so go easy on her

Welcome to the match thread. This is where we banter with the opposition for the week, take the piss out of each other, talk our team mates up and s**t all over the opposition for a random simulator determines the results on Sunday evening in a game of Qooty.

Young Wooshette is the Warriors captain, she is a little special so go easy on her
Her CV is pretty impressive......Talk about being thrown in the deep end! Is Wooshette more an inspirational type captain or one of those who would rather have a beer with the boys (or girls) after the game?...and if the latter....who shouts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Her CV is pretty impressive......Talk about being thrown in the deep end! Is Wooshette more an inspirational type captain or one of those who would rather have a beer with the boys (or girls) after the game?...and if the latter....who shouts?
Wooshette is well known for being kind, gentle and caring. Given that you seem to be on your own here for a bit may I suggest that you target her. I’ll hold back and step in if you need help.

I like that we are the underdogs. Just makes us more the dangerous team.
Bullshit. The Warriors are like Rosencrantz flipping heads forever. Five in a row coming up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back