Official Match Thread Season 27, Round 6: Dragons FFC vs Gumbies FFC @ Ljp86s' Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

AceAndy - I reckon you'll like this one:

An Irishman is in court for assault. The judge says, "How do you plead - guilty or not guilty?"

The defendant replies, "I don't know - I haven't heard the evidence yet." :)

After both sides have submitted all their evidence, and the jury has returned a guilty verdict, the judge says, "Will the defendant please stand?" (the Irishman gets to his feet)

The judge continues, "I hereby sentence you to 1 year in prison, and a 500 pound fine."

Incensed, the defence lawyer says, "Your honour - I DEMAND that you reverse this unjust sentence immediately!!!!"

Smiling, the judge says, "OK: let's make it 500 years in prison, and a 1 pound fine." :)
Haha :) One of your best Phil. :thumbsu:

I see the Blues get a crack at Port next weekend. I think it will be a lot closer than many think , i still expect Port to get up but not by much.

Haha :) One of your best Phil. :thumbsu:

I see the Blues get a crack at Port next weekend. I think it will be a lot closer than many think , i still expect Port to get up but not by much.
I don't think there'll be too many easy games this year, so no team can take anybody lightly. Carlton have picked up some great talent, plus getting McGovern from the Crows was a real coup.

I'm just glad the footy is back - the cricket (especially the Big Bash) was becoming a real yawn.

Oi BRAB, any reason why you haven't shown up in the thread yet? I thought your suspension was over? #poorcaptaincy

Busy in real life.

Will be back in 2 weeks fully.

Picked your Lions to pull off a massive upset tomorrow.........
Tonight*. I'm looking forward to it, a team that is widely tipped to rise against the reigning premiers. I love footy.

Tonight*. I'm looking forward to it, a team that is widely tipped to rise against the reigning premiers. I love footy.
Whoops - should have checked the draw before hitting "post reply". I'm with you though: I love my footy!!!!

I've also tipped them, not sure it's a massive upset though. The line is single digits.
A bit surprised the line is only 5.5 points, i think the Lions are a chance given Kennedy didnt get on the plane but not that good a chance.

AceAndy - I reckon you'll like this one:

An Irishman is in court for assault. The judge says, "How do you plead - guilty or not guilty?"

The defendant replies, "I don't know - I haven't heard the evidence yet." :)

After both sides have submitted all their evidence, and the jury has returned a guilty verdict, the judge says, "Will the defendant please stand?" (the Irishman gets to his feet)

The judge continues, "I hereby sentence you to 1 year in prison, and a 500 pound fine."

Incensed, the defence lawyer says, "Your honour - I DEMAND that you reverse this unjust sentence immediately!!!!"

Smiling, the judge says, "OK: let's make it 500 years in prison, and a 1 pound fine." :)
This is why you never hire a Scotsman as your defense attorney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoops - should have checked the draw before hitting "post reply". I'm with you though: I love my footy!!!!
Butters and Duursma look the goods.

Mate I'm thrilled so far. But still an hour to go!!!!
Regardless of the result, I like the new game plan and our youngsters have really stood up today.

Gumbie sounds like something my wife's feral cat would cough up.

Far be it for me to extrapolate, but, if its feral, it's not owned, ergo, it's not your wifes and you're projecting.

Now, assumptions here, but since this is the case, I also highly doubt you have a wife, and it might instead be a servant of some description after you heard waif, as used in ye olden days, and as the name is akin to the life expantancy of that age, it's likely you contracted plague from said servant and are deflecting to highlight that, or that you co-exist with the unwashed masses.

Either way, yeah nah.

Exactly the plan for the victory celebrations tomorrow.

Far be it for me to extrapolate, but, if its feral, it's not owned, ergo, it's not your wifes and you're projecting.

Now, assumptions here, but since this is the case, I also highly doubt you have a wife, and it might instead be a servant of some description after you heard waif, as used in ye olden days, and as the name is akin to the life expantancy of that age, it's likely you contracted plague from said servant and are deflecting to highlight that, or that you co-exist with the unwashed masses.

Either way, yeah nah.

Exactly the plan for the victory celebrations tomorrow.
Sometimes I wish I didn't have a wife, but alas I do. As for the contracted disease it came from a female member of your family.
The cat is an adopted feral that looks like a Dragon chewed Gumbie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back