Official Match Thread Season 27 SFA Grand Final: Las Vegas Bears vs Sin City Swamprats at SFA Park/Dun Lop Stadium

Who wins the Season 27 Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The Big Game

The Final Countdown

That One Day in June

A contest that both teams need to win, and neither team can afford to lose

THIS IS THE SWEET FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION GRAND FINAL FOR SEASON 27

header.png

It's two of the most active posting teams in the competition (and cross-shopping centre rivals to boot) competing for the ultimate glory...

fireworks.png

For a team so stable over the last 5 months, everything seems to be slowly unfolding for the Las Vegas Bears. With their ever diligent captain JoshWoodenSpoon sitting out of the Grand Final with a suspension, and a cloud hanging over their hot prospect Cadaver, many say that they're lucky to have made the match. Will they be able to prove their critics wrong on Sunday, or will they be derailed again?

The Sin City Swamprats have been the workhorses of the comp this season. Finishing fourth on the ladder, Far Kern has had a rookie captaincy that most posters only dream of. Buoyed by the announcement that long time 'Rats stalwart Ant Bear has been named the new league admin, they'll be cruising into the match with momentum on their side. Can they capitalize on a dream opportunity and do what they couldn't in season 25?

Let's look at the teams.

bears.png

ROAD TO THE GRAND FINAL

First Preliminary Final: Mt. Buller Demons lost to Las Vegas Bears, 13.20.98 to 17.12.114 (15.12.102 after penalties)

Second Semi Final: Gumbies FFC lost to Las Vegas Bears, 8.10.58 to 17.14.116

Second Elimination Final: Las Vegas Bears defeated Dragons FFC, 17.2.104 to 16.5.101

PROJECTED LINEUP

B:
Magruder - MWPP - reggie
HB: xenxen - Tommycash - hilly
C: kane249 - Tandy - Matera92
HF: RookiePick - Fizzler - Thomas2
F: Cadaver - Its Manbearpig - Jezmiester40
R: Sausages - Doctor Gero - Test Tickle
INT: Farm Boy - Ressies BushPig

rats.png

ROAD TO THE GRAND FINAL

Second Preliminary Final: Coney Island Warriors lost to Sin City Swamprats, 13.12.90 to 17.8.110

First Semi Final: Sin City Swamprats defeated Baghdad Bombers, 16.9.105 to 14.7.91

First Qualifying Final: Mt. Buller Demons defeated Sin City Swamprats, 20.13.133 to 21.6.132

PROJECTED LINEUP

B: rickety - Far Kern - TheMase
HB: jackster83 - ant555 - Power Raid
C: GotTheGoodes - Ant Bear - Firestarter
HF: Kirkswan - edgie - sportsmaniac89
F: LukeParkerno1 - SarahSmiles - sataris
R: SparkleNarkle - philreich - Nunez
INT: Obeanie1 - Quadzilla

LAST TIME THEY MET

Season 27, Round 12

Sin City Swamprats: 16.6 (102)
Las Vegas Bears: 13.6. (84)

at the Underground Stadium

PLAYERS TO WATCH

test tickle.png

A Season 26 rookie whose impact on the league has only gotten bigger in season 27, Test Tickle will be looking to put himself on the map by playing an instrumental part in what could be his maiden premiership. Does he have the skills to go all the way?

maniac.png

A notable Rats veteran, sportsmaniac89 has had a somewhat quiet season, playing a solid, if unspectacular, role in the Sin City forward line. Can he make himself heard, and take the Rats to the ultimate glory?

matera.png

The return of Las Vegas stalwart Matera92 has coincided with the Bears ascension to the upper echelon of the league over the past few seasons. Is his influence on cosmic coincidences going to take the Bears to victory?

ant bear.png

The incoming admin and the oncoming tackler Ant Bear will be taking to SFA Park for a shot at the premiership once again. Things have been going his way so far this season, will his string of momentum carry him to the cup?

gero.png

With Josh watching from the grandstand, Doctor Gero will be captaining the Bears into the ultimate fight. He's been in a Vegas premiership side before, will that experience carry over into a hungry new side?

smiles.png

The charismatic full forward of Sin City, SarahSmiles heads into the match with a top 10 finish in the Fred chase under his belt. Will he become the youngest legitimate poster to win a premiership come Sunday evening?

PHENOM'S TIP

This is my final official SFA match OP, so you'd better appreciate it.

Also Rats by a whisker.

CAPTAINS, PLEASE HAVE YOUR TEAM SHEETS IN THE TEAM SHEET THREAD BY 11:59 pm AEDT ON THURSDAY

HERE WE GO!!!
Despite being outpointed against Tarks, I've been told that I'm staying on FB because I did manage to hold my nerve when it counted it most. So bring it on Smiles :)

Bit rough to not be named as a player to watch
Aren't you a player who's watching rather than a player to watch?
I have no doubt that you'll be wearing your merch and cheering us on from your VIP spot next to JoshWoodenSpoon
Have a carton of Good Blend for us and see you at the post match celebrations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh you better believe this is going down.

Despite being outpointed against Tarks, I've been told that I'm staying on FB because I did manage to hold my nerve when it counted it most. So bring it on Smiles :)

Did you happen to catch the footy on Saturday night? I was absolutely thrilled with Joel's song choice for the 'Player's Playlist'

Safe to say that seeing that song pop up was the best part of the night.

Although I have wavered a little from Taylor and I'm mostly shuffling through my current alternative/pop songs playlist

Did you happen to catch the footy on Saturday night? I was absolutely thrilled with Joel's song choice for the 'Player's Playlist'

View attachment 697998

Safe to say that seeing that song pop up was the best part of the night.

Although I have wavered a little from Taylor and I'm mostly shuffling through my current alternative/pop songs playlist
I've got some Carlos Santana.

Back