Official Match Thread Season 28 Grand Final - Dragons FFC vs Mount Buller Demons at SFA Park

Who do you support in the S28 Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, allow me to introduce myself.

For the last 20 weeks or so I've been playing on the left half forward flank. You've been playing in the right forward pocket. For the Demons.

I do think it's a good idea that teammates get to know one another.
For your information, there's 3 things that akkaps can never remember: names of team mates, telephone numbers, and the third thing.

It’s rubbishy collection day

If the Furies and Dragons could please form an orderly line to the left it would be appreciated.

You guys need a new garbo, the trash keeps coming back
source.gif

For your information, there's 3 things that akkaps can never remember: names of team mates, telephone numbers, and the third thing.
And you are....?

also, always thought you should add an ‘n’ your username. Become “philnreich”. I’ve always been reading it this way.

is it just me or has Jim Maxwell on ABC Grandstand become ten times funnier over the winter?

100% compulsory listening.
Love me some Jim Maxwell. When he would commentate with Skull was gold.

Okay listen up - need some help here.

I’m going Christmas shopping today. No idea what to get anyone, so I’m going to list the giftees below with a brief personality summary and I would appreciate some suggestions about what to buy:

Ma - likes books and tv series about murders but not ones that are too murdery. Likes dogs and chamber music. I thought I might get her a packet of fire lighters or a sham wow.

Sister (eldest) - plays the harp and the piano. Looks a bit like Julie Andrews. Owns very stupid cats. Has two children, minors but approaching adult size. Might be a Christian (not certain, I’m just getting a vibe). I thought I might get her some AFL eau de cologne from Chemist Warehouse.

Sister - plays violin. Married to a high volume American. Two children, both nerds. Self contained like a successful serial killer. Takes lots of pointless vitamins and walks 5k at 5AM most days. I thought I might get her a pet rock or one of those springs that climbs down stairs.

Sister - occasionally unstable dog lover. Hyperactive and angry in general. Works as a nurse. Drinks gin. I thought I might get her some Dr Who themed coasters.

Partner - Demon fan. Likes Eric Clapton and gardening. Mostly stable except losing his s**t at the cats. Wears glasses. I thought I might get him some false vampire teeth or a loofa mitt.

I think my ideas are okay as far as it goes but I would appreciate suggestions. I plan to leave the house in 40 minutes.
I bought a Christmas card for a guy at work earlier this week. It read, "For Christmas, I wished upon a star. Your present should arrive in about 3 and a half light years."

Love me some Jim Maxwell. When he would commentate with Skull was gold.
Kerry O'Keeffe is the only person I know who sounds like he is inhaling his face when he laughs.

Ma - get her Ugg boots
Sis 1 - magic 8 ball
Sis 2 - I think you nailed it
Sis 3 - buy her a cat and a bottle of gin. At least her or the dog gonna be happy for a while, possibly both
Partner - if you can afford it go for the genuine vampire teeth, you won’t regret it
I once gave a girl a Snickers bar with a bite taken out of it for her birthday. She just gave me a dirty look, handed it back to me and said, "That's nice - now you can finish it." Why are people so ungrateful: isn't it the thought that counts?

I once gave a girl a Snickers bar with a bite taken out of it for her birthday. She just gave me a dirty look, handed it back to me and said, "That's nice - now you can finish it." Why are people so ungrateful: isn't it the thought that counts?
OMG did she regift the gift you gave her? Can’t believe the gall of that woman!!!

I remember that test which we lost by that run vividly. I went to all four days of it, and the elation we felt leaving the ground at the end of the first 3 days (especially the third, after Maysy had taken 5/9 to clean up the Windies tail) was nothing compared to the desolation of day 4 when, not only did we lose, but knew that we had little chance against them in Perth.
Australia is the master of losing the cliffhanger Test: 1 run against the Windies [1993], 2 runs against England [2005], 3 runs against England [1982], 5 runs against South Africa [1994].

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daunting statistic for the Dragons - hilly-Pie 4 Life Cup holders have lost 100% of the Grand Finals they've played with.

Also Mobbs thoughts on the ground being named SFA Park again?

And you are....?

also, always thought you should add an ‘n’ your username. Become “philnreich”. I’ve always been reading it this way.
A hearty congratulations for being the first person to think like that.

Back