Official Match Thread Season 28 R13 West Coast Wonders vs Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno. He could have come out with his tried and tested line "What were you thinking???" to encourage conversation.
After one short exchange with Tarks he'll be discouraging conversation and saying "What the hell was I thinking???"

R13 West Coast Wonders vs Mount Buller Demons at The Colosseum (MOTR)

View attachment 768639
Phil: The Wonders have won three out of four but have a tough test against their biggest rivals.

Ding: The Demons are six points clear on top. Boring

Phil: Ding - wasn't Lou Richards in nappies the last time your mob won a final? I hope the curse of Ant Bear means the drought will continue for a while yet.

Ding: Ha: we're getting better by the week - even though we lost against your rabble last week. After we exorcise a few old Demons this week, most notably cats2rise, Oddhawk and Van_Dyke, who all went to school with WG Grace, we'll be well on our way to cementing a finals spot.

Phil: Pfft. Just because you make it to finals, doesn't mean you'll suddenly start winning them. It's like if you're Bill Shorten, and you become opposition leader - doesn't mean your missus can start measuring up for new curtains at The Lodge.

Ding: Nah it's all about to change - Sab22 is becoming a goal kicking machine: he just destroyed the Roys off his own boot.

Phil: Yeah well I hope you have plenty of tomato soup between now and December, to make sure you don't choke.

View attachment 768641

CAPTAINS - TEAM SHEETS DUE THURSDAY 11.59PM​

Highly amusing work Phil and Dingster though quite clearly the prediction is Phils biggest gag. With super Sab!! about we will bolt in by at at least 7 points.

Ah yes the good old wonders, should be a good contest, demons to keep marching on! Go dees

I give that a P for prolix from Cooney.

Good to front up against Bloodied52 again! How are you, good sir! What musical delicacies have you indulged yourself in recently?

"Sir", I had to check you were referring to me and addressed me in such a manner. I usually answer to more accurate forms of address like "Rotten old bastard".

But good to see the most under rated Rookie in the SFA (by Barrybran ). Not much music for me this week beyond a bit of Erik Satie. Satie deconstructed music in the same amusing way as James Joyce later interrogated language in literature.

But it is necessary. We need his advice on how to deal with Tarkyn_24. He's out of control.

... Poor guy now answers to the name Calamity Jane. Yep, he's out of control.

I like Tarkyn_24. There - I said it. I may also like Headless

The boss, like most of us at the Colosseum, share that puzzling 'lapse' of judgement.

Not Sab!!. He is a runaway train wreaking humungous havoc across the forward line. My specific roles he has told me are to get out of his way and to just get the qooty to him. My advice to Tarks and headless is to do the same.

NaturalDisaster please thread ban snags for encouraging Dr Phil....twice!

I suspect ND tried that and later woke up to find himself being defended by Rumpole at the Upton Magis Court.

There it is folks! The reason why cooney is a legend of this club.

They set the challenge, he responds with an 18 word post.

Dees by 3 goals.
They just underestimate me at their own peril and good for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I give that a P for prolix from Cooney.

"Sir", I had to check you were referring to me and addressed me in such a manner. I usually answer to more accurate forms of address like "Rotten old bastard".

But good to see the most under rated Rookie in the SFA (by Barrybran ). Not much music for me this week beyond a bit of Erik Satie. Satie deconstructed music in the same amusing way as James Joyce later interrogated language in literature.

... Poor guy now answers to the name Calamity Jane. Yep, he's out of control.

The boss, like most of us at the Colosseum, share that puzzling 'lapse' of judgement.

Not Sab!!. He is a runaway train wreaking humungous havoc across the forward line. My specific roles he has told me are to get out of his way and to just get the qooty to him. My advice to Tarks and headless is to do the same.

I suspect ND tried that and later woke up to find himself being defended by Rumpole at the Upton Magis Court.
I couldn’t care less what you give it to be honest!

Satie! Love him! Don't listen to anywhere near the amount of piano music I used to, but still play his Gymnopédies at least once every six weeks. He, Debussy and Vaughan Williams are my three most listened composers.

Well, it's a far more sedate thread than last week's epic. A bit like coming from the diversity and hurley-burley of Istanbul to the quiet and tranquility of the rainforest. I'll pop on some of Brian Eno's Ambient music, make myself a cup of tea and just relax.

Your sim complaints are becoming intolerable.

He’s way beyond Dr. Phil mate.

Last week, I caught Tarks crafting a half eaten apple into a cat he named Simon, by placing two sultanas as eyes and using his fingernails to carve stripes in its fur. He spoke to it about the troubling geopolitics of the Middle East for at least 45 minutes.

Let’s just keep him in the forward pocket and hope it blows over, shall we?
Come on Mang, it's not a complaint, it's just kidding around, I really dont care, it is just a fantasy game.

All I am doing is pushing for a counter reply.

Come on Mang, it's not a complaint, it's just kidding around, I really dont care, it is just a fantasy game.

All I am doing is pushing for a counter reply.
Do you think I actually thought you cared?

We’re about to enter a weird sort of SIM criticism banter inception...

1571707025768.gif

Do you think I actually thought you cared?

We’re about to enter a weird sort of SIM criticism banter inception...

View attachment 768841

I guess posters like to banter about dfferent things, the plight of qooty clubs and how hey are travelling I thought would have been 1 of those topics of fun.

But I will wait to you BC members let me know what I can banter about. You take every chance to have a crack at me, not sure why. I hope your not just towing the BC line.

So glad there are those here that can look down on the rest of the league and remind them what we should be posting.

Apologies all, I usually have great fun with the banter, but its just not happening anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back