Official Match Thread Season 28 Rd 12 - Mount Buller Demons vs Baghdad Bombers at The Snow Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

pAarjda.png

Mount Buller Demons v Baghdad Bombers
at The Snow Dome

The 1st placed Demons host the battling Baghdad Bombers at home this week, as they look to consolidate yet another formidable home and away campaign. A last quarter blitz saw them account comfortably for the Hawks last week by 31 points, but with the Swamprats and Furies breathing down their necks, they’ll be looking to make a statement to the competition in a game most would expect them to win. Ranked equal first in the competition for goals, and leading the competition outright in scoring, their direct game revolves around marks inside 50 by their tall targets up front in first year skipper manangatang and HOFer and SFA all-time leading goalkicker Tarkyn_24 .

While their guests the Bombers are coming off a heartbreaking loss to the Warriors on their home deck, as they lost a bruising contested game in muddy conditions at Abdu Prison in the cruelest of fashions, their last gasp attempt on goal by WaynesWorld19 sailing through the sticks, but failing to beat the siren, the Bombers losing by just 5 points in the end in a thriller. Sporting the worst attack in the comp, the Bombers are struggling to score this season, with the loss of full forward BEEG forcing the Bombers to find other avenues to goal. Their contested game another area that has hurt them in Season 28, also sitting last in the competition for tackles with a paltry 255 for the season.

LOrJbgG.png

DemonJim v beez

Demons champion midfielder DemonJim is coming of a podium finish last season in the Mobbs, his equal 3rd with clubmate Proper Gander seeing him move to outright first in the all-time Mobbs Medal votes tally with 155 career votes. Jim is putting together another fine season at Mount Buller and will be looking to register another handful of votes this week after being well held in his 100th game for the Demons on the weekend. The 268 gamer is averaging 19.1 disposals per game this season, and will be looking to bounce back after a disappointing last outing.

He’ll be tackling an old sparring partner this week in Bombers 307 gamer and league legend beez, who is enjoying a renaissance off the field to complement a strong season on it. Despite his team’s struggles, he's in impressive form, averaging 17.4 disposals per game, 4.2 tackles per game which sits him in the top 20 in the comp, and currently #1 for Frees For, with 4.0 per game meaning he’s first to the pill in the clinches this season, and is giving the Bombers first use at the stoppages.

manangatang v Tony Lynn 15

First year Demons captain manangatang has picked up where his predecessor Yakker left off, as he is comfortably steering the Dees to another likely top 2 finish and a promising finals campaign. A shift from Ruck to Full Forward has paid dividends for the skipper in Season 28, as he currently sits 6th in the FRED race, kicking 33 majors from just 9 games, with a delayed start to the season potentially costing him. The inexperienced skipper missing just the solitary game in round 1 after an incorrect squad submission.

He will be looking to win a likely shootout with Bombers counterpart, co-captain Tony Lynn 15, who is coming off his own suspension for yet another teamsheet error by the Baghdad club. Having started the first 9 rounds on the interchange, Tony shifted himself up forward in Round 10, and is expected to resume his position at Centre Half Forward in Round 12. After a controversial loss in Round 11, a new look Bombers, with the return of former captain KohPhi , along with Tony and co-captain TheCoach16, will be looking to close out the last month of qooty in style.

Callums_Guns v Antonio BlueVein

S27 rookie and Round 1 surprise packet of the week Callums_Guns is enjoying a strong second season in the competition at Mt Buller, after making a statement during the pre-season. He has gone on with it in Season 28, with an increased presence off the field to add to his consistent qooty form over his 27 game career. 16th in the comp for disposals with 20.7 per game, he is strong overhead too, sitting 6th overall for marks in S28.

Another young star of the competition, Antonio BlueVein looks set to contend strongly for this season’s EKA and is coming off a Round 10 nomination for the SFA Rising Star. He sits in the top 40 for disposals in the comp with 19.3 per game, and has a consistent overall game that has seen him start his qooty career in solid form both on and off the field.

LAST 3 MATCHES

Demons 3
Bombers 0

S28 Round Two
Baghdad Bombers 10.14 (74) lost to Mount Buller Demons 13.6 (84)

S27 Round Seven
Baghdad Bombers 12.12 (84) lost to Mount Buller Demons 14.7 (91)

S26 Round 11
Mount Buller Demons 17.10 (112) defeated Baghdad Bombers 11.10 (76)

PREDICTION

Demons by 42 points.

TEAMSHEET REMINDER

It's sacred. Do it properly.​

Last edited:

Now CazC30 has set the league ablaze in the last season and a half, and with four consecutive DT scores <10, a fifth on the trot must be hitting some sort of high note.

I reckon you've got it in you this week. Stick to your guns and we'll get you across the line :thumbsu:

Welcome Bombers !!

With the snow dried up and bringing Fatima back with me early on in the season, some of the Bombers families have already started coming over earlier

Enjoy the week !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saddle up Dee's it's going to be a fun and bumpy ride this week

Get involved....

00 Oddhawk
1 Proper Gander
2 sausageroll
3 amos
4 sante
5 _Cayz_
6 moginie
7 DemonJim
8 Yakker (VC)
9 Adroyo
13 Tarkyn_24
15 Thetrader15
18 manangatang (C)
19 FinBar19
20 Quivorir
21 cooney
22 cats2rise
23 Callums_Guns
24 fancyscum
25 deaneus
28 Van_Dyke
29 lanky_wes
41 Headless
66 Logger
69 lion around
333 brucetiki
akkaps
I can see you losing your grip on that straw... If anybody in that list turns up and utters more than a few words I'll be surprised!!!

I can see you losing your grip on that straw... If anybody in that list turns up and utters more than a few words I'll be surprised!!!

I just want more then a woo and a fire up, he's all yours this week

cooney this is your week too shine there will be goats, camels, Vimto and plenty of lookouts for you to take CazC30 ;);)
Caz can have them I don’t want them! Anyway, fire up demons! Gotta get another win here!

Caz can have them I don’t want them! Anyway, fire up demons! Gotta get another win here!

Maybe ditch the camel ride together and do a sunrise / sunset chair lift together
Views are magic and beats looking at sand dunes

1571081447777.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back