Official Match Thread Season 28 Rd 12 - Sin City Swamprats vs Gold City Royals at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

mEyjX12.png

Sin City Swamprats v Gold City Royals
at Underground Stadium

Reigning premiers the Sin City Swamprats welcome the Gold City Royals to town, as they look to consolidate their place in the top 2. After dispatching the lowly Wonders by 19 points at The Colosseum, the Swampies will be desperate for back to back wins and will be looking to peak at just the right time to mount their premiership defence this finals series. The #1 contested team in the comp, the Rats are sitting #1 in Season 28 for both tackles and frees for, evidence of their prowess and tenacity at the contest.

The Royals did their hosts no favours last week, after capitulating to top 2 aspirants the Furies in a fourth quarter fade out that saw them surrender an opportunity to push into the eight, losing by 22 points at home. The Gold City outfit has struggled to get their hands on the qooty this season, sitting last in the comp for hitouts in S28, and when they do have it, they struggle to maintain possession, as they currently sit 11th for disposals and 12th for marks respectively. If the Royals can get first use from ruckman ShaunDuggan that will go a long way to giving them the ascendancy they'll need to challenge the Swampies this weekend.

Swamprats Full Forward SarahSmiles is coming off a 7 goal effort against the Wonders, and is sitting in 8th place in the FRED with 31 goals. Smiles is steadily building a reputation as one of the league's most dangerous forwards.

He'll be going head to head with another gun forward of the competition, former Royals skipper Blacky, who sits 9th in the FRED race with 24 goals. He'll be looking for more supply this week as he looks to bounce back from just the two goals in Round 11.

Rats Ruck Rover and regular Mobbs contender philreich, while slightly down on form this season is still sitting in the top 30 for disposals in S28, with 19.8 per game, and is 3rd overall for tackles across the competition with 65 in total, leading the charge for the Rats and their contested ball, while helping himself to an average of 80.9 DT points per game, 11th in the competition.

He'll be going head to head in the middle with Royals skipper The Filth Wizard, who's enjoying a fine season himself, averaging 17.9 disposals per game, forming a formidable combination with teammate brahj in the Gold City engine room. 22nd in DT points per game with 76.9 and 9th overall in tackles with 5.4 per game, this match up could go a long way to deciding the contest.

After shifting from Ruck to rover in Season 28, big bodied Swampies mid sportsmaniac89 has looked to fill the void left by the departed former skipper and first year admin Ant Bear. 10th in the comp for tackles with 5.3 per game, he's also getting plenty of his own ball, averaging 18.2 disposals per game to go with 72.2 DT points per game. Has been less of a presence around the competition as he has let his qooty do the talking in Season 28.

Going head to head with him will be the Royals' brahj, who's enjoying a revival both on and off field this season. Breaking multiple stories via his #scandal series, he has contributed heavily to the media landscape in S28, while on the qooty field, he has combined with The Filth Wizard to break back into the midfield and deliver his hard hitting best, leading the league in tackles with 7.4 per game. Averages 18.9 disposals per game and 84.3 DT points per game he currently sits in 6th place overall for DT. Will play an accountable defensive game against the highly touted Swampies midfield.

LAST 3 MATCHES

Swamprats 2
Royals 1

S28 Round Two

Gold City Royals 10.4 (64) lost to Sin City Swamprats 12.14 (86)

S27 Round Seven
Gold City Royals 21.9 (135) defeated Sin City Swamprats 12.13 (85)

S26 Round Eight
Gold City Royals 9.5 (59) lost to Sin City Swamprats 19.19 (133)

PREDICTION

Swamprats by 27 points.

TEAMSHEET REMINDER

Take my word for it, get it in early or else.​

I was at training the other day, and as is my wont, I stood on the boundary where the coach wouldn't notice me. Interestingly, a was holding up his hand and gesturing into the distance. Pretty soon a dog appeared over the hill and brought a stick. He grabbed it and pretended to throw it and the dog hared off into the distance again. I lolled at how stupid the dog looked running after nothing. The bloke said "You think that's funny? He went 20 km to get this stick."

I thought, that's pretty far fetched.

I was at training the other day, and as is my wont, I stood on the boundary where the coach wouldn't notice me. Interestingly, a was holding up his hand and gesturing into the distance. Pretty soon a dog appeared over the hill and brought a stick. He grabbed it and pretended to throw it and the dog hared off into the distance again. I lolled at how stupid the dog looked running after nothing. The bloke said "You think that's funny? He went 20 km to get this stick."

Sigh...

philreich when did you get traded to the Royals?

Excellent preview TheInjuryFactory

I should point out that not only have I made myself a small target around the league but I’ve made myself a smaller target on the field.

Instead of being 3ft 5in laying down, I’ve shrunk to 2ft 8in laying down in my commitment to win another flag.

LOL grow your own dope - plant Mitch Marsh. Gets dismissed against Tassie, and punches a wall when he gets back to the dressing room. Now he's got a broken hand, and won't play for at least a month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL grow your own dope - plant Mitch Marsh. Gets dismissed against Tassie, and punches a wall when he gets back to the dressing room. Now he's got a broken hand, and won't play for at least a month.

Also known as doing a Clarkson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back