Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 10 - Dragons FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Ljp86’s Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Ummm, we play the Bombers in 2 weeks - if you're having trouble keeping up now, how will you fare then?

Hmmm. Better start on the iodine tablets now then.

Nothing has changed:

Round 1: 27 posts
Round 2: 27 posts
Round 3: 27 posts
Round 4: 27 posts
Round 5: 27 posts
Rounds 6-9: 27 posts

It reminds me of the fact that I always give 100% effort at work: 20% on Monday, 10% on Tuesday, 25% on Wednesday, 30% on Thursday and 15% on Friday.

That's a nice little tribute to GotTheGoodes in any case.

source.gif

Can we all just boycott the Bombers game?
I have too. I have an assignment due next Wedneday. Might even try for an extension for Friday citing unforeseen circumstances.

Hey remember when the Dragons flogged those Swamprats.

Highest Score conceded: 26.11 (167) v Dragons S19 r6

It was glorious
Records are made to be broken too. Just like this one.

Can we all just boycott the Bombers game?
But the 4 premiership points we'd cough up might be the difference between top 4, and playing in an elimination final. If we all put in a token appearance, how can anyone call it a boycott?

But the 4 premiership points we'd cough up might be the difference between top 4, and playing in an elimination final. If we all put in a token appearance, how can anyone call it a boycott?
I do wonder..is it possible to fight fire with fire? Can one out-spam the spammers? Or would they just thrive on it?

I'm sure we can find a way to annoy them, without overstepping the rules.

Last edited:
I do wonder..is it possible to fight fire with fire? Can one out-spam the spammers? Or would they just thrive on it?
Depends on how much of your day you want to spend in the match thread - how important is sleep to you? :)

Depends on how much of your day you want to spend in the match thread - how important is sleep to you? :)
Hmm, I certainly wouldn't want to spend a full week in a match thread with the Bombers even during isolation. Watching paint dry would be more interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm, I certainly wouldn't want to spend a full week in a match thread with the Bombers even during isolation. Watching paint dry would be more interesting.
What about a grand final against them? They'd probably double their output - how does a 300 page match thread appeal to you?

What about a grand final against them? They'd probably double their output - how does a 300 page match thread appeal to you?
Please don't give me a reason to spend a full week in hell.

Son: "Mum, I was coming home on the bus with dad and he told me to give up my seat for a lady".

Mother: "Well that's a nice and polite thing to do".

Son: "Yes, but I was sitting on dad's lap at the time".

Two thoughts:
1: to all Dragons, I advise to savour this match thread, I've always rated the Rats and our next opponents may not be as enjoyable

2: I am risking my life not wearing a facemask like the majority to be here, but I am stoked to see AceAndy is being extra safe and has the right priorities
If you eventually need a mask, AceAndy has an extra one or two for ya. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back