Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 10 - Dragons FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Ljp86’s Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's a floating target at this point. They seem to hope that they'll be able to finish the season in July, and then get straight into the 2020/21 season in September. No break would be required since the players are getting that now.

The issue will be firstly getting to the point where the players can gather together and train...and then to rebuild fitness before the games start.
That sounds logical enough to me. But it also wouldn't give new signings enough time to adjust to their new clubs, especially if they're signing from a foreign league.

Best player to play in 8 Grand Finals.
Best player to win 2 Deestory medals.
Worst player in the HOF.
Two out of three is not bad.

You don’t care about being in the HoF but you’re telling us why you are in the HoF.

Fragile.

And I would do it again in a heartbeat :oops:

You’re a harsh one, but I love you.

Er - um - yes, let's agree that this happened....

its just easier....

It was the onesie with the hole at the front I wore to Mad Monday that did it.

That sounds logical enough to me. But it also wouldn't give new signings enough time to adjust to their new clubs, especially if they're signing from a foreign league.
It's a weird new world - no live sport for at least 2 months (probably longer) sounds inconceivable, but it's reality.

This is the transfer I need to see before I die
All we need is Gremio to accept our well beloe market-value offer
Brazillian players coming directly from Brazil are always a hit and miss in the Premier League.
Very true, but I am in it for the banter. If he is any good its a bonus

You don’t care about being in the HoF but you’re telling us why you are in the HoF.

Fragile.

giphy.gif

It's a weird new world - no live sport for at least 2 months (probably longer) sounds inconceivable, but it's reality.
Checked my original Nintendo yesterday. It works. :):):):):):):)

This crisis will be talked about for generations to come.

It was the onesie with the hole at the front I wore to Mad Monday that did it.

It was more that you wore it on Sunday - to the match, in Round 9 - where our season just fell apart from there......

I hope AFL evolution game is worth the $100 i'm investing.
I have to finish working first which seems unlikely as Supermarkets need food. I am lucky so far on that front.

All we need is Gremio to accept our well beloe market-value offer

Very true, but I am in it for the banter. If he is any good its a bonus
Very true, and it's one time I would like to see Chelsea beat out to a signing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leave my precious Gabriel alone as well please
Look, if that were to happen, i'm ok with that. We already have enough promising central defenders. We need a left defender and a serviceable striker before anything else.

I hope AFL evolution game is worth the $100 i'm investing.
I went all over Melbourne the day the first one came out, played it for two days anf haven't touched it since. Pray this one is an upgrade

I went all over Melbourne the day the first one came out, played it for two days anf haven't touched it since. Pray this one is an upgrade
I'm glad I never bought that one. Only reason i'm buying this is because i've played Fifa 20 to death, and i've finished GTA v and the new COD game.

That's fairly standard though: midseason imports have to hit the ground running in January...they'll just have to do the same at the start of the season as well. Things won't be perfectly ideal whatever they do; I think getting the rest of the 2019/20 season concluded, and then getting in 38 full rounds next season would be a resounding win for the EPL.

The Euros getting delayed by a season has given them some wriggle room. They just have to hope society isn't still locked away in July, otherwise some tough decisions will have to be made. And given the precedent that has been set in the lower leagues, unfortunately for Liverpool that means the season being called void.

Then there's the Champions League and Europa League....who knows what they'll do with them with the added intricacy of international travel.

That's fairly standard though: midseason imports have to hit the ground running in January...they'll just have to do the same at the start of the season as well. Things won't be perfectly ideal whatever they do; I think getting the rest of the 2019/20 season concluded, and then getting in 38 full rounds next season would be a resounding win for the EPL.

The Euros getting delayed by a season has given them some wriggle room. They just have to hope society isn't still locked away in July, otherwise some tough decisions will have to be made. And given the precedent that has been set in the lower leagues, unfortunately for Liverpool that means the season being called void.

Then there's the Champions League and Europa League....who knows what they'll do with them with the added intricacy of international travel.

I'll pay that. The fight in Europe seems to be getting an edge over the virus so I'm starting to think they might just get the full season in if it goes right up to July. Might have to compact the season a bit though. I've heard talks of a round robin being played out for the PL instead of a league format to complete the season. That might be do-able. if not however it's not good for Liverpool and it leaves a biq question mark over relegation and European qualification.

If the season gets up and running again, might just have to rush the European season and just do single legs and if possible, whoever finished with more points gets the home game, or mabye hold it at a neutral venue.
However, from a purely selfish point of view, the one positive about the European season in dissaray is PSG getting all smug when they defeated Dortmund is looking more and more lolworthy. Not that they'd have been able to see it coming.

Yeah it’s true, I sacked me from the Furies. Then I was sacked from the Royals by me Blacky and that The Filth Wizard then JackNah_8 and I Dont Care and TedDougChris asked me to leave as I couldn’t make All SFA as the only permanent back men for the whole of S28.

Are you venting?
Wait...I distinctly remember having read that you were shot out of a cannon! :eek:
Glad you landed on Dragon Island. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back