Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 10 - Dragons FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Ljp86’s Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Any N64 gamers here? Since the Saturn was rubbish, that's where I made my switch (pardon the pun) to Nintendo. Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time were just momentous. Then you add in Mario Kart 64, Cruisin USA, Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, GoldenEye, Tony Hawk, 1080...
They had an N64 at the after school program when I was at primary in the early 00s. Played heaps on MK64 and Super Smash. LEGO Racers was also fun.

About a month ago, went to a mates place and we were playing Super Smash on the Nintendo Switch. Wow it’s changed from the N64 version, but those nostalgic feels got me.

Bingo! Most people think I'm either a girl called Sarah or that it's a reference to the Hall and Oates song but nope, it's a Panic! reference. They were one of my favourite bands when I joined the site
Including your ex skipper Far Kern.......

Bingo! Most people think I'm either a girl called Sarah or that it's a reference to the Hall and Oates song but nope, it's a Panic! reference. They were one of my favourite bands when I joined the site
Ah P!atD was massive during my emo teenage years, and still holds a place in my heart. Saw them last time they were in Aus, Brendan Urie is a wizard. Also, reminds me of this...
images.jpeg-45.jpg

Brazillian players coming directly from Brazil are always a hit and miss in the Premier League.
It used to be a completely different game tactically. Brazilian players needed to get used to a new culture, new language, and new positions. Many weren't prepared to overcome all those challenges.

Ah P!atD was massive during my emo teenage years, and still holds a place in my heart. Saw them last time they were in Aus, Brendan Urie is a wizard. Also, reminds me of this...
View attachment 851014
Likewise, not into em so much at the moment but yeah I saw em a few years ago. Urie is a great performer

I’ll be simming the cricket games for the cricket board, so we won’t lose out.

I know there are a few Tennis text based sims out there you could try.
Have you ever played Battrick? One of the original cricket sim games.

View attachment 851014
I remember watching an episode of Celebrity Who Wants to be a Millionaire. This American big shot (he'd appeared on the first season of American Survivor) came on the show - he was basically one of those Yanks who reckons the sun doesn't rise until he gets out of bed. Anyway, the question for $100 was, "What is 11 x 12?" He looks at all the options, and then says confidently, "Lock in B - 123." So it's locked in, and then he says with a horrified look on his face, "Actually, unlock that." Too late - he walked away with nothing :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 851014
That is the only song I know of the band, and it's still on my iTunes.

Rest in peace Fountain of Wayne singer and guitarist Adam Schlesinger. Poor bloke died this morning aged 52 from complications associated with coronavirus. Terrible news and gone far too soon. He is most famous for writing this iconic song

I have not, it seems to be a similar concept to something cricinfo had about 15 years ago.
Yeah, I believe it took inspiration from the soccer equivalent: Hattrick.

I've been playing it for about 15 years (!!!) now, and although it has certainly lost a lot of its novelty, my team is still ticking along.

The idea of building and training a team, and then entering it into the sim adds a layer of complexity on top of these randomly generated ones.

I've been playing it for about 15 years (!!!) now, and although it has certainly lost a lot of its novelty, my team is still ticking along.

The idea of building and training a team, and then entering it into the sim adds a layer of complexity on top of these randomly generated ones.
If you’re into cricket, check out the cricket board, working on turning the international season into simmed games. I’m looking for team managers for national sides.

Last edited:
Might have to be more specific, about a dozen of them :oops:

frasier_crane_shrink_wrap_radio_station_kacl-2.jpg

I wasted far too much time on those games. I play one other cricket game abd a rugby game now.

Congratulations to our newest Rat GremioPower, who will be making his debut in the back pocket this Sunday.
It's unfortunate that he'll have to suffer through a loss in his first game. Hopefully you have better luck next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back