Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 10 - Dragons FFC vs Sin City Swamprats at Ljp86’s Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you tell him that he has to hold onto what he's got?
I just sat him down and said it doesn't make a difference if we make it or not, we've got each other

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be done. Had to do my first Zoom conference today for uni, had an old lecturer hosting it.. He had no clue, poor bugger.
Other problem is I don't own a skateboard, but I'm sure I can chuck some wheels on a beam or something she'll be right!

Could be done. Had to do my first Zoom conference today for uni, had an old lecturer hosting it.. He had no clue, poor bugger.
I've got online classes they really are something else a few very very funny moments including em and a friend singing back in black in the middle of wellbeing class with me just reading the lyrics deadpan. We got the recording of the class, watched back and lost it

My division at work is trying to work with Microsoft Teams. The file sharing works well, but the teleconferences are absolute trash. Is Zoom any better?

My division at work is trying to work with Microsoft Teams. The file sharing works well, but the teleconferences are absolute trash. Is Zoom any better?

I've only used once so far and not as a host, but the interface seemed simple enough and was super easy to access. Our problem was the computer illiterate history professor trying to share his screen.

Huge game this one, Dragons. Back at home against the Swamprats who've shown some good form so far this season. We'll need a good start here to put them on the back foot from the get go in front of the home crowd! :thumbsu:

Go Dragons!! :thumbsu:

It's the Southern Dragons,

SarahSmiles , here's a stat regarding my numerous previous clubs. The Dragons are the only team to final a Grand Final after I have left them. (s19, and s28). No other club that I have left has won a premiership.

This says more about you than it does about us.

I can't believe the AFL is considering the possibility of a Christmas Day or New Year’s Eve grand final - shows how desperate they are to complete the season.

With no matches being played, the AFL doesn't have a lot of income at the moment as the broadcast rights revenue makes up the bulk of their income so they will be desperate to play the season (even a shorter one if they can't fit it all in) to ensure they receive some of that revenue. The TV rights deal is worth about $418 million per season so they won't get any of that unless matches start being played again, this has flow on effects to the clubs and other areas which essentially means they won't get paid or will receive a much reduced share of the contributions they'd normally receive.

Another issue is a lot of the clubs don't turn a profit most years and this makes them reliable on the AFL's handouts to keep them afloat. With no games being played, this will leave a number of these clubs in precarious positions which explains why a lot of staff at a number of clubs and the AFL have been stood down or have lost their jobs.

The game is a lot more secure now since the AFL secured a $500 million loan today but the COVID-19 epidemic has changed the financial face of the game for the foreseeable future. The AFL also have to service the loan now which means they'll want to play matches to make sure they make their repayments and reduce the amount of interest paid as much as possible.

At the bottle shop. We'll wear the colours of the various other qooty sides though so it isn't apparent we're all one group. akkaps has plenty of jumpers he can lend us.

Are any of them dirty?

I've forced myself away from the final episode of Married at First Sight [how are we going to survive until next January, when the next series begins :p], to post these little funnies, which are designed to make us all smile at a difficult time:

View attachment 849633

View attachment 849637

View attachment 849640

View attachment 849641

View attachment 849643

View attachment 849644

View attachment 849646

View attachment 849647

View attachment 849648

You should stop wasting oxygen as quickly as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back