Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 10 - East Side Hawks vs Gumbies FFC at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Just need the banks to have all debts wiped the fu** out and we can start again

campaigners
We could just get David Wenham to wipe one of them out? CBA? WBC? How about all four?

I tried to hire him to play funny buggers with the sim for season 29, but he would only do it for vanilla ice cream - and I didn't have any :(

I've got some he can have, but who is he
*In Jim & Terry's voice* - Ohhh... Who's David Wenham?

I'll just pretend I didn't hear that.

This week for training we will sit down for a collection of David Wenham material: Seachange, 300, Lord of the Rings, Les Norton. But for now, here's a preview of him in arguably the greatest non-R rated scene in tv/cinema history.

We could just get David Wenham to wipe one of them out? CBA? WBC? How about all four?

I tried to hire him to play funny buggers with the sim for season 29, but he would only do it for vanilla ice cream - and I didn't have any :(
I'm not getting the reference.
Are we talking about the Aussie actor?

At times beez you're to clever for me

*In Jim & Terry's voice* - Ohhh... Who's David Wenham?

I'll just pretend I didn't hear that.

This week for training we will sit down for a collection of David Wenham material: Seachange, 300, Lord of the Rings, Les Norton. But for now, here's a preview of him in arguably the greatest non-R rated scene in tv/cinema history.

That was great

I'm not getting the reference.
Are we talking about the Aussie actor?

At times beez you're to clever for me
Not clever. Just completely random.

David Wenham played a mathematician in a movie called The Bank (2001) in which is made a bank "disappear". And the vanilla ice cream was in reference to his role as a junkie in the classic Australian movie Gettin' Square (2003). They just happen to be two of my favourite Australian movies, that's all.

Speaking of Anthony LaPaglia (who was in The Bank), another great Australian movie is Balibo (2009) based on the true story of five Australian journalists who were murdered covering the invasion of East Timor in the 1970s.

I've had too much coffee and need to go for a run.

David Wenham played a mathematician in a movie called The Bank (2001) in which is made a bank "disappear". And the vanilla ice cream was in reference to his role as a junkie in the classic Australian movie Gettin' Square (2003). They just happen to be two of my favourite Australian movies, that's all.

Speaking of Anthony LaPaglia (who was in The Bank), another great Australian movie is Balibo (2009) based on the true story of five Australian journalists who were murdered covering the invasion of East Timor in the 1970s.

Ladies and gentlemen, Mr Wenham

No wonder we're not having a very good season. I think beez has been on the sauce again.

tumblr_mrawgrPFLX1somw3eo6_250.gifv

I still can't fathom how these quirky off beat anecdotes and quips would play out in a Bombers thread full of Camel jokes and I ll get out the crayons to explain why all this dumb stuff isn't actually dumb defences.
I can't see a less compatible combination.

At least on explanation, I know longer feel stupid (I still maybe, but return to being blissfully unaware), those links were indeed random 😃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, I think the Gumbies might win this week

April fools lol
Not falling for this... Way too out there.

Should have went more believable like you managed to clone a T Rex or you managed to pick up some Quilton from Woolies.

I've got my fingers crossed that someone comes clean and COVID is just the most elaborate practical joke since the Yanks thought War of the Worlds was a news broadcast

Morning ri(t)chie, morning all. How is isolation day N treating you?
Marvellous Bill. I think I might tune into some robelinda2 cricketing gold to get me through the day. Beats watching last week's Gumbies' "highlights".

What is it today? Graham Thorpe kicking the ball away after dropping a dolly. One of my earliest cricket memories where I can actually recall watching it live.

Kinda reminds me of okeydoke7 having a shot for goal; hence why Barrybran moved him out of full forward.

Please list all the scenarios were losing a game of qooty could be considered beneficial?

Note, I don't accept bribery. I have some high moral standards to adhere too.

You're assured of a loss against the Bombers, therefore you do not have to enter their threads or give a damn about their existence in terms of what they post any given week. Benefit: you then enjoy the week with literally anybody else.

Oh Farrimir

Diver Dan!

It's all telephone consultations here now

So that's why my arm has cotton ball swab with a piece of tape on it. Telekinesis.

Not complaining though, I finished an hour and a half early because they didn't wanna give me cash to get the shot locally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back