Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 10 - East Side Hawks vs Gumbies FFC at The Eyrie

Remove this Banner Ad

Our adorable mascot takes a backseat to no one.....

I found this to be a deeply disturbing image. I had been an ardent supporter of the Gosling's claims for a Rising Star nomination. More fool me it seems.

It is with great sadness I announce my support for AuntyBlindEye and his implacable opposition to the Goose being one of the weekly noms for the Rising Star.

In the same process the duffer Goose is advised he is most unlikely to be considered for the far more prestigious KABOOM Award. Barrybran could you please note.

I found this to be a deeply disturbing image. I had been an ardent supporter of the Gosling's claims for a Rising Star nomination. More fool me it seems.

It is with great sadness I announce my support for AuntyBlindEye and his implacable opposition to the Goose being one of the weekly noms for the Rising Star.

In the same process the duffer Goose is advised he is most unlikely to be considered for the far more prestigious KABOOM Award. Barrybran could you please note.
The only think I note is GWS Goose's quality work

I feel this post comes from a place of envy.
I know our Mascot is the envy of the league, I feel the jealousy stems from his terrifically popular run as a TV personalty in throughout the 80's. He reached heights rarely seen by mascots.
I know the royals have adorned magazines and have had their weddings televised but they are viewed mostly as a comedic laughing stock. In the lesser AFL land, the Giant has had a wide ranging run in pop culture, with his role as rival to the title character in Jack in the beanstalk, but he too he is generally type cast as a villain (unfairly in my mind).
Gumby is different in that he was much loved by audiences spanning generations, I feel this lead to him being a maligned character in the SFA, hence your reaction to this post.

I feel this post comes from a place of envy.
I know our Mascot is the envy of the league, I feel the jealousy stems from his terrifically popular run as a TV personalty in throughout the 80's. He reached heights rarely seen by mascots.
I know the royals have adorned magazines and have had their weddings televised but they are viewed mostly as a comedic laughing stock. In the lesser AFL land, the Giant has had a wide ranging run in pop culture, with his role as rival to the title character in Jack in the beanstalk, but he too he is generally type cast as a villain (unfairly in my mind).
Gumby is different in that he was much loved by audiences spanning generations, I feel this lead to him being a maligned character in the SFA, hence your reaction to this post.

a remarkable defence of the unremarkable

a remarkable defence of the unremarkable
You have to appeal to a wide range when shooting for the rookie of the year.
The Gumby Gif will appeal to a certain demographic, the remarkable defence to another demographic. It was a well planned double post 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Want mine

A taste:

Currently I'm watching the 2003 classic Dr Zeus cat in the hat. So this is a pretty close call for me.

Im not sure if I can hold out to see how the Itsmyshow / Taylor thing plays out.

Pm me your link 😉

So you can show everyone else here??

pfft. I’m not paying for high end quality and giving it away. It’s why I’m the highest paid player in the Sweet FA

s-l400.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back