Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 11 - Roys FFC vs Coney Island Warriors at BJO

Remove this Banner Ad

The following OP is brought to you by Harvey Manfrenjensenden , now inserted here with his kind permission, so that he's not DISAPPOINTED.

1586218109506.png

Back by popular demand...

Stats Week

That's right people this week I will be using the power of stats to bring you the results of every game before they have been played, making a bigger waste of time than it normally would be. There is absolutely nothing random about the sim as the gods of numbers have a divine plan that was preordained long before your sorry arse pulled on your Qooty boots.
Thankfully I have worked out the formula and cracked the code so whilst we can't actually do anything about the result we can at least make a tidy profit.

1586218211134.png VS 1586218248735.png

If you can believe the ladder the Roys are currently sitting 4th. They have the best attack in the game right now but are the biggest downhill skiers in the comp with the 4th worst defense in the league. The Warriors are not much better, boasting a solid attacking game but the 3rd worst defense in the game. Had it not been for the return of Wooshette I would have predicted a bruise free affair, but I hope the Roys have brought their mouth-guards.

As for the numbers this game was complicated. The key stat is the number of Freo supporters on the Warriors roster vs the number of Fitzroy faithful on the Roys, and given the fact that the Dockers f’ed the lions in their last ever game they can kiss my ass.

Roys by 86 points.

There is moratorium on penalties this week for late team submission sheets so please don't put them in before Friday lunch time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Original thread OP:

{Pending insertion of Harvey's match intro gently but firmly into this OP.}

As match threads are observing the 1.5 day rule this week, it's up to all of us to do our part.

Roys commenced in S03. Warriors a comparatively new club at what? about S18 or something? They've only see the s**t years. The planet where these matches occur orbits it's star approx every 6 months so that's not as big a difference as you might think.

Warriors play down on the south coast near the Sweet Port at Van Cortlandt Park, adjacent to where their namesake the Coney Islands used to be. The Roys are the town's remaining inner-city hipster club parked right next to the CBD. Both teams are pretty cool.

Both teams are firing up right now having recenty snapped losing streaks by meeting the Bombers and getting that combo breaking win on the board to right the ship.

I'm doing my part by discussing the controversy with a thred. Each contributor to this thread must detail in a single statement without flourish what they intend to do, to do their part. Or you can just post s**t like both teams tend to do in their own distinct ways.

My pick : A match may or may not happen. When there is no more room in hell, the dead will complain about the conditions in the five star hotel in which they have been placed.

No prefixes.

Last edited:
I unofficially hope we win this week.

Great OP too Mobbs !!! Almost as good as your goal the other day......
Please let the records show that in Rd 10 I kicked as many goals as Mooch .

pantsredacted will there be any pre-match drinks at the pantsbar prior the game this weekend? It's pretty much along the way when heading up here.

pantsredacted will there be any pre-match drinks at the pantsbar prior the game this weekend? It's pretty much along the way when heading up here.

All SFA FF spot sorted for this year !!!

Normally I'd give out hugs but no can do, nice nips there it's cold here too.
I hope you're keeping all your old fellas active and fit for gameday, I've been taking the opportunity to get the Iron Curtains back in peak qooty condition after a lengthy hiatus. Mooch get your affairs in order, you ded on Sunday.

ezgif.com-gif-maker-3.gif

Unofficially of course.

Oh hey Mobbs.

Yes please come in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Normally I'd give out hugs but no can do, nice nips there it's cold here too.
I hope you're keeping all your old fellas active and fit for gameday, I've been taking the opportunity to get the Iron Curtains back in peak qooty condition after a lengthy hiatus. Mooch get your affairs in order, you ded on Sunday.

View attachment 853553

Unofficially of course.
I heard it's going to be windy conditions on Sunday so I had my hair done special. Are you saying that effort is going to be wasted?
tenor.gif

I intend to continue my downward spiral of goalkicking stats toward the end of the season, culminating in finishing 7th in the Fred medal.

I heard it's going to be windy conditions on Sunday so I had my hair done special. Are you saying that effort is going to be wasted?
tenor.gif

I intend to continue my downward spiral of goalkicking stats toward the end of the season, culminating in finishing 7th in the Fred medal.
Turn him upside down thats pretty much me too.
The last time any Roy had hair like that was when Mobbs was signing autographs for Jesus's Qooty Guide.

1586218109506.png

Stats Week

That's right people this week I will be using the power of stats to bring you the results of every game before they have been played, making a bigger waste of time than it normally would be. There is absolutely nothing random about the sim as the gods of numbers have a divine plan that was preordained long before your sorry arse pulled on your Qooty boots.
Thankfully I have worked out the formula and cracked the code so whilst we can't actually do anything about the result we can at least make a tidy profit.

1586218211134.png VS 1586218248735.png

If you can believe the ladder the Roys are currently sitting 4th. They have the best attack in the game right now but are the biggest downhill skiers in the comp with the 4th worst defense in the league. The Warriors are not much better, boasting a solid attacking game but the 3rd worst defense in the game. Had it not been for the return of Wooshette I would have predicted a bruise free affair, but I hope the Roys have brought their mouth-guards.

As for the numbers this game was complicated. The key stat is the number of Freo supporters on the Warriors roster vs the number of Fitzroy faithful on the Roys, and given the fact that the Dockers ****ed the lions in their last ever game they can kiss my ass.

Roys by 86 points.

There is moratorium on penalties this week for late team submission sheets so please don't put them in before Friday lunch time.

Last edited:
View attachment 853585

Stats Week

View attachment 853588 VS View attachment 853589

As for the numbers this game was complicated. The key stat is the number of Freo supporters on the Warriors roster vs the number of Fitzroy faithful on the Roys, and given the fact that the Dockers f’ed the lions in their last ever game they can kiss my ass.

Roys by 86 points.

8C88CD13-037E-4379-8032-24B09E591037.gif

Hi Roy. I don’t know what the hell is going on right now so I’m just going to smile and wave politely for a while.

16C3FD73-C2FB-453A-9901-517DBEF58B35-4584-00000403F827F95F.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back