Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 11 - Roys FFC vs Coney Island Warriors at BJO

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers. I’ve heard him on a couple of podcasts.
My biggest doubts in what he';s now saying is that he is already a big fan of a cycling universe (the hypothesis is called Conformal Cyclic something something), so if he says he's found something, well he already had a desired conclusion so he might be trying to fit data to support this which of course is not the way to go about it.

But he reckons he sees rings in the CMB which suggest to him they might be the remains of black holes. And from that point I just get confused ...

My biggest doubts in what he';s now saying is that he is already a big fan of a cycling universe (the hypothesis is called Conformal Cyclic something something), so if he says he's found something, well he already had a desired conclusion so he might be trying to fit data to support this which of course is not the way to go about it.

But he reckons he sees rings in the CMB which suggest to him they might be the remains of black holes. And from that point I just get confused ...

Is that the same theory that says the universe expands from the Big Bang up to a point, then collapses on itself until it returns to a singularity, then repeats? Either way...

6466964C-57AF-40BB-B8AD-1AC7F67C96A7-8718-0000076D1650C76D.gif

So, this is not the parallel universe one
Correct, it's not. This is among the hypothoses for what might have predated our universe, considering that both "something from nothing" AND an infinite period are both concepts we can't really model from our current knowledge.

Vale Tim Brooke-Taylor !!

One of favourite comics as a youngster, responsible for one of the all time great comedies, as well as one of the all time great sketches...

Sad day. Only found out last night that he co-wrote the Four Yorkshiremen sketch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back