Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 6 - Coney Island Warriors vs Fighting Furies at Van Cortlandt Park (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

JntBLHi.png

Welcome to High Stakes Qooty with your host TheInjuryFactory!

The action is heating up as the season starts to take shape, with the winners and losers starting to make their moves as we head into a crucial phase of the new season. Some teams have had a dream run, others a bum hand, but all have played the cards they've been dealt as they jockey for position in Season 29. Is it time to chase your luck and let it ride, or is it time to roll the dice and take your chances?

It's make or break time, this is High Stakes Qooty!*

*Please gamble responsibly.

The Warriors surrendered a 7 goal lead in the first quarter against a gritty Bears side on Sunday, resulting in a disappointing 26 point loss on their home deck. The loss has them sitting at 3-2, after a strong first month of qooty looked like setting up their season. After two defeats on the trot, the Wazzas are in danger of chasing their losses late in the season, hence they’ll be seeking to turn their form around starting with the Furies this week in what will be a week of celebration at VCP as the Warriors recognise their 200th Sweet FA fixture. Vice skipper pantsredacted is back to his best in S29, yet another powerful display on Sunday. His 29 touches and 3 goals in yet another best afield performance for the Warriors would have given the opposition this week plenty to think about.

They’ll welcome the Furies to Van Cortlandt Park for the first time this season, who come in to the clash full of confidence after a 37 point demolition of the league leaders. Another side in the log jam on the ladder where they sit 3-2 after the first 5 rounds, they come into the match on a hot streak of three straight wins and will be looking to ride their luck into the midway mark of the season. Veteran Wacky Tiger did the damage for the Furies against the Swampies, his 26 touch, 1 goal effort seeing him combine with the rest of the Furies engine room to overpower the top side in the competition.

LSHSHEX.png

:hearts::diamonds::spades::clubs: The King :hearts::diamonds::spades::clubs:

pantsredactedWARRIORS

The number one player in the competition right now, the HOFer leads a star studded Coney Island midfield and has formed a dangerous combination with fellow S28 All-SFA selection comewhatmay and fellow vice skipper harry000 in a new look Warriors set up. His 30.8 disposals per game places his firmly at #1 in the competition. Nobody gets more ball than pants.

TigerturbulanceFURIES

Having spent a season as a utility in S28, the Furies skipper Turbo is back to where he belongs, right in the guts for the Furies as their number one ruck. The move is already paying dividends for his club, with his 11 hitouts per game ranking him #9 in the comp, while his 22.8 disposals per game have him at #14 in the comp overall. This week shapes as a battle for the ages with Warriors ruck comewhatmay.

:hearts::diamonds::spades::clubs:The Ace :hearts::diamonds::spades::clubs:

comewhatmayWARRIORS

The S28 All-SFA selection and Frankston Rover Medallist once again takes up the rucking duties at Coney Island, as she continues to form the most dominant 1-2 punch in the competition with vice skipper pantsredacted. Having been arguably the best ruck in the comp in S28, she's once again proved herself as the premier ruck in the comp, sitting at #7 overall in the comp for disposals with 25.3 per game and #6 for hitouts.

The Half BackFURIES
The Furies full forward enjoyed a commanding season in S28, finishing runner up in the FRED medal with 63 majors for the season. He resumes spearhead duties in S29, as he looks to go one better and power his club back into the finals after a disappointing straight sets exit in S28. Has 15 goals to his name already in S29, sitting #7 overall in the comp at an average of 3.8 per game.

:hearts::diamonds::spades::clubs: The Joker :hearts::diamonds::spades::clubs:

CadaverWARRIORS

Season 29 recruit Cadaver has slipped right into the Warriors set up and made an immediate impact in a star studded midfield. The former Bears captain is enjoying a career best season at VCP, and sits #3 in comp for disposals, with 27.5 disposals per game behind only pantsredacted at the club. Has been instrumental in the club's early wins and has provided another big body banging in at the contest for the Wazzas in S29.

HateFURIES

After a 5th placed finish in the Mobbs in S28, the Furies veteran has not yet reached the heights of S28, but that just means he's got another level to take his game to in Season 29. Hate's 19.5 disposals per game have him sitting #38 overall in the competition, but the Warriors won't be taking him lightly given any week now could be his breakout game for the season. They'll be hoping it's next week.

62L1T4k.png

PREDICTION

Warriors by 27 points

Captains, please remember to post your team sheets in the Official Team Sheet thread by 11.59pm Thursday AEST.

Great, up against another club cheering the "return" of retired fossils.

Whats next wassus? Recruit dumbarse and Haydo and concede you're Shady Pines FFC?

Whats next wassus? Recruit dumbarse and Haydo and concede you're Shady Pines FFC?

Least this lot don’t leave their pellet droppings on the floor like the swamprats

a1aa9e05b402dd3d56eb7b1998950d049cb8dc5e.png

Wooshette might be a fossil but even in hibernation she's about 100x more valuable than 95% of your list cloggers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wooshette might be a fossil but even in hibernation she's about 100x more valuable than 95% of your list cloggers.

Why are you here? Have you club hopped again?!?!?

I've met strippers with more loyalty than you

Why are you here? Have you club hopped again?!?!?

I've met strippers with more loyalty than you
I've decided to be a one club player at the Warriors.

Hello all,

I can't wait for a wonderful week :)

Much love,
-TJASTA.

I look forward to this match up. How is your hole this time of the year? Do you have adequate heating for the coming winter?

No mention of Tonga Bob in the OP. 2/10 would not read again. Lift your game TIF.

Can you * off and stop courting our rookie, It'll be over my dead body that I allow my padawan to join the sickly family team.

No mention of Tonga Bob in the OP. 2/10 would not read again. Lift your game TIF.

Dont you worry about Tonga Bob I already talked him up in the team thread in last weeks stats report.

He is the most appreciated rookie in the SFA right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back