Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 8 - Coney Island Warriors vs Gumbies FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Warriors v Gumbies.png

With more and more countries in lock down and the world bringing out the best and worst in people, not even qooty is immune. Players from all teams have been spotted by Ding's cameras hitting the social scene, whilst some have diligently stayed home stocking up on toilet paper and buying shares in Uber Eats.

Can you trust your own teammates? What do you really know about your opposition? Qooty has almost become secondary in these extreme times. Let's take a look at some of the shenanigans.

Camera one - pantsredacted and haydo caught in the spa with Turbo - compromised

Warriors v Gumbies 1.png

Camera two - harry000 caught at a mardi gras - compromised

Warriors v Gumbies 2.png

Camera three- Rodney Dangerfield was caught at a restaurant - compromised

Warriors v Gumbies 3.png

Last Week
The Wazzas (3 wins 4 losses) lost by 1 point to the Royals in a nail biter. pantsredacted, Tonga Bob and comewhatmay were the Wazza's best along with BEEG who kicked 5.

The Gumbies (0 wins, 6 losses, 1 draw) lead in the last quarter against the Demons but couldn't keep going. Barrybran and GWS Goose were very good and okeydoke7 kicked 5

Prediction
Have to go with the form and the Wazzas to win comfortably.

Captains, please remember to post your team sheets in the Official Team Sheet thread by 11.59pm Thursday AEDT

As I'm yet to taste success in the SFA it is getting harder and harder to enter these threads with confidence. But here we.are, I feel this is the week the new look Gumbies come of age.... Please please let us win

I am beginning for a win this week, I have even forgotten the words to our team song

Sung in C minor with a minor dressed as a miner.

We were once a little lame, Gumbies.
Then we surpassed and engaged the parade, Gumbies!
No matter rain, nor shine, nor reason then deivined,
If we have 4 points, they're gone, vanished, denied.

Then it's an Irish jig for the new starters to an off tune accordion since Pokey sat on it once and we CBF fixing it, and if they fail any of the predetermined steps they are poached by other clubs with less stringent entry requirements, beause if you can't dance then you're no friend of mine.

Greetings overcompensated generic mammalian archetype.

That’s Mr Overcompensated Generic Mammalian Archetype, thank you.

You have orange badges, clearly from NSW. I'm just going to spray you with alcohol.

Yeah I guess the Tongan part of my name can be misleading huh? Warn me before you spray though, so I can open my mouth like old mate from the Reach adverts.

Have to go with the form and the Wazzas to win comfortably.

Tfw the winless Gumbies have more points in the last month than us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You see, your problem is that you're trying to apply logic to the sim. It'd be more logical to try to understand a woman........

Congratulations are in order then, for surpassing your monthly points on your way to defeating us in yet another quarter of nada where you skip out to a 10 goal lead, we fail to rail it in and fall by 3 goals, 113 to 94.

You see, your problem is that you're trying to apply logic to the sim. It'd be more logical to try to understand a woman........

So is the sim more like a refrigerator or more like a beer?

Imitation is the greater form of flattery, also, with seniority comes the no u response, whippersnapper.

Oh God not another entitled ’veteran’. Sorry to break the bad news to you but the ANZAC Day March has been cancelled.

Oh God not another entitled ’veteran’. Sorry to break the bad news to you but the ANZAC Day March has been cancelled.

Yeah nah, I leave that to the others, but I do like the leap on you, it's a shame you simply forgot to look beforehand, understandable, but a shame nonetheless.

Last edited:
So is the sim more like a refrigerator or more like a beer?
Reminds me of the difference between a single man and a married man. A single man comes home, sees what's in the fridge and then goes to bed. A married man comes home, sees what's in the bed and then goes to the fridge.

I am beginning for a win this week, I have even forgotten the words to our team song
As I'm yet to taste success in the SFA it is getting harder and harder to enter these threads with confidence. But here we.are, I feel this is the week the new look Gumbies come of age.... Please please let us win
Stop being so selfish.

I have worked hard for my 14 match streak. I don't need you guys coming in praying to the qooty gods for a miracle.

Hello. I'm an entitled veteran, too.

If you flogs don't win I'm going to hold TiF personally responsibly and will not vote for him in my medal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back