Official Match Thread Season 29 Round 9 - Sin City Swamprats vs Coney Island Warriors at Underground Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny you should say that. This arrived today...

View attachment 847980
tenor.gif

AFL players get 50% of their pay for being stood down. To bad about everyone else who get to burn their annual leave or simply get fu** all. Maybe they can play in empty stadiums from now on.......
Yep. * em all in the arse.

I'm done with the AFL. Will be attending more WAFL games if there is even a WAFL after all this.

Yep. fu** em all in the arse.

I'm done with the AFL. Will be attending more WAFL games if there is even a WAFL after all this.

I miss going to watch Souths.

I miss going to watch Souths.
I never miss a West Perth v East Perth game and always go if we are playing Swans at Bassendean as I'm only down the road.

If I had to pick my "second" team, it would be South. Grew up idolising Stephen Michael.

******* love local footy, watch the Magpies at Alberton whenever I can and I practically lived at TIO Stadium in Darwin from age 15-19, between NTFL in the summer and NEAFL in the winter I was there nearly every week in the commentary or Champion Data team.

I never miss a West Perth v East Perth game and always go if we are playing Swans at Bassendean as I'm only down the road.

If I had to pick my "second" team, it would be South. Grew up idolising Stephen Michael.

Same. TI was the greatest player I’ve ever seen live. He’s why I chose number 25 for the Wazzas.

******* love local footy, watch the Magpies at Alberton whenever I can and I practically lived at TIO Stadium in Darwin from age 15-19, between NTFL in the summer and NEAFL in the winter I was there nearly every week in the commentary or Champion Data team.
I remember going to Alberton one day - we were playing West Adelaide, and Scott Hodges got off the chain in the third quarter, kicking 8 for the term. He finished with a lazy 14 for the day.

Same. TI was the greatest player I’ve ever seen live. He’s why I chose number 25 for the Wazzas.
Souths in the late 70's early 80's were a bloody scary footy team. Could of beaten any side in the country if they were on.

Might as well choose my 28000th post to tell this story, so you can laugh at me. Live footy has a strange effect on me - especially when the game is close. Port Magpies were playing our traditional rivals Norwood at Alberton: it's normally a classic contest, and this was no exception. Midway through the last quarter, and there's only a few points between the two teams. Someone walks past, selling cornettos, so I think to myself, "Why not - something to break the tension for a moment."

So I purchase an ice cream, and then my attention instantly returns to the game. However in my haste, I proceeded to stick the cornetto in my ear, and take a bite out of my radio!!!!!! My mate was sitting next to me, and was simply shaking his head in disbelief.

To prevent a repeat, I now only buy Mars bars when I go to the footy........

By the way - Port won by a goal :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did you brew?

A premium lager, approx 5.1% alcohol. Supposed to be a bit like the old Southwark premium (which is before my time). Now I need to not drink them all at once.

Souths in the late 70's early 80's were a bloody scary footy team. Could of beaten any side in the country if they were on.
I remember reading about East Fremantle's great escape one year (against Claremont???). On grand final day, they were 53 points down at 3/4 time, but ended up winning by 4 points. Incredible!!!!!!

Might as well choose my 28000th post to tell this story, so you can laugh at me. Live footy has a strange effect on me - especially when the game is close. Port Magpies were playing our traditional rivals Norwood at Alberton: it's normally a classic contest, and this was no exception. Midway through the last quarter, and there's only a few points between the two teams. Someone walks past, selling cornettos, so I think to myself, "Why not - something to break the tension for a moment."

So I purchase an ice cream, and then my attention instantly returns to the game. However in my haste, I proceeded to stick the cornetto in my ear, and take a bite out of my radio!!!!!! My mate was sitting next to me, and was simply shaking his head in disbelief.

To prevent a repeat, I now only buy Mars bars when I go to the footy........

By the way - Port won by a goal :).
#est1997

I remember reading about East Fremantle's great escape one year (against Claremont???). On grand final day, they were 53 points down at 3/4 time, but ended up winning by 4 points. Incredible!!!!!!

Don’t remember that game, but my favourite game of all time was the 1997 WAFL grand final between South Freo & East Freo. Easts led all day but Souths came back to win by 6 points for their first premiership in 17 years. Went back to the club rooms at Fremantle Oval & drank with the faithful.

Don’t remember that game, but my favourite game of all time was the 1997 WAFL grand final between South Freo & East Freo. Easts led all day but Souths came back to win by 6 points for their first premiership in 17 years. Went back to the club rooms at Fremantle Oval & drank with the faithful.
Yeah premierships that defy the odds are the sweetest of all. My favourite is 1994: the Woodville-West Torrens Eagles had smashed Port by 12 goals in the second semi final, and in the grand final they jumped us in the first half, and led by 6 goals. But we worked our way back into the game, and then went bang in the last quarter, and won by 6 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back