Official Match Thread Season 30 - First Preliminary Final: Gold City Royals vs Baghdad Bombers at The Golden Throne

Remove this Banner Ad

1606723168871.png 1606723176603.png

Who would have thought that Heritage Round in round 15, the rescheduled round 11, would provide the previews for the Season 30 Preliminary Finals?
Last time they met: Round 15: Baghdad Bombers 21.9 (135) lost to Gold City Royals 23.8 (146)

Structure vs chaos. Order vs disorder. The extremes of team cultures will clash in this crucial match, a Preliminary final with no repecharges for the loser. In only their second ever Preliminary final, and first since S22, the Royals hold the minor premiership as their sole silverware as they seek their maiden Grand Final appearance, and the Bombers most recent claim to fame is the S28 wooden spoon, but at least they have the back-to-back S23/24 Premiership Cups in their cabinet.

The Season 30 First Preliminary Final will be the third meeting between Gold City Royals and Baghdad Bombers in an SFA finals fixture. The Bombers lead the head-to-head record between the two clubs in finals fixtures 2-0 with the Bombers having won both games at The Golden Throne. Season 30 is also just the third occasion that the Royals and Bombers have qualified for the same finals series with Season 30 being the 15th season the clubs have contested together.

Players to Watch:
1606723168871.png The Filth Wizard - Fred Medallist for S30, but tin a rut. Can he break free of the shackles?
1606723176603.png Kilroy - Tore it up in the centre in the Qualifying Final, with 27 disposals and 10 marks. Can this young star repeat the dose against the hardened Royals?

Tip: Bombers by 30

Clubs must submit an Official Team sheet in the Team Sheets thread by Thursday 11.29pm CDT

Comment by Royals veteran Blacky
Hello esteemed leaguemates and the Baghdad Bombers.

I am sure like myself you are all looking forward to a week of highbrow and witty banter.

In my unbiased opinion the Royals will win by 200 points.

Key Players:

Noobz0r - resident cougar hunter and All SFA lock. Integral member of the #stackedsix.

The Filth Wizard - Fred medalist and one of the form players of the competition. Will be very hard to stop.

Kennedy Parker - the reverse spammer. Adds more value per post than anyone else in the league.

CakeEater - one of the form forwards of the league and has done so off a flank. Amazing performance this season.

Marlowe - the people’s champion. The quintessential Royal. Deserves the impending Grand Final berth more than anyone.

GreyCrow - star ruckman of the comp and quietly one of the best Qootiers over the past few season both posting and in games.

spookism - is a player in the Sweet FA

Captains, please have your team sheets in by 11.59pm Thursday night.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hit me with your favourite cat gifs and I’ll add them to the OP
NewAntiqueAzurevasesponge-max-1mb.gif

Hello esteemed leaguemates and the Baghdad Bombers.

I am sure like myself you are all looking forward to a week of highbrow and witty banter.

In my unbiased opinion the Royals will win by 200 points.

Key Players:

Noobz0r - resident cougar hunter and All SFA lock. Integral member of the #stackedsix.

The Filth Wizard - Fred medalist and one of the form players of the competition. Will be very hard to stop.

Kennedy Parker - the reverse spammer. Adds more value per post than anyone else in the league.

CakeEater - one of the form forwards of the league and has done so off a flank. Amazing performance this season.

Marlowe - the people’s champion. The quintessential Royal. Deserves the impending Grand Final berth more than anyone.

spookism - is a player in the Sweet FA

Captains, please have your team sheets in by 11.59pm Thursday night.
Wow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back