Official Match Thread Season 30 R14: Gumbies FFC vs Las Vegas Bears at The House Of Gumby

Remove this Banner Ad

Saturn engines were surprisingly good for a Mitsubishi

Until the dreaded 2.6 ...

Edit: may bad the 2.6 were ASTRON engines .... dogs vomit of a motor, chewed through more fuel than a V8.

We've got a twenty year old Frontera, only 117 k's on the clock so got a few years left in it yet. And an FG XR6 non turbo as the runabout

That model falcon is also bullet proof, except for the auto trans cooler. Other than that you would expect 20 years of trouble free motoring.

Until the dreaded 2.6 ...

Edit: may bad the 2.6 were ASTRON engines .... dogs vomit of a motor, chewed through more fuel than a V8.

Yes, but the 2.6 had a very long ride. Mazda seems to have done well with them in their B2600's and the early Ford Rangers etc.

Yes, but the 2.6 had a very long ride. Mazda seems to have done well with them in their B2600's and the early Ford Rangers etc.

I'm talking the early ones (remember I'm 47 lol). Head, and bottom end issues.

Yes, a fellow Hyundai driver! Some people just can't ditch the negative stigma surrounding the brand. They used to be utter sh*t but not now.
I just got the Hyundai Tuscon for Mrs Goose, it is a ripping car. Looks good, drives well and bang for buck is terrific. Granted I don't really drive in a manner that requires great performance, but I was originally on getting the BMW X3 in Jan, but have basically decided Im going to grab a Tuscon instead. Save myself $35K

Yes, the Magna of the '80's

Also the starions, and the other coupe thing they made ..... not the cordia ... that was a 2.0 turbo job that had its own issues ....... man damn getting old .... what was the other coupe thing they made with that motor??

Is this is a good time to mention I own a Jeep? Its a nice car on the inside but caused me nothing but headaches. My 5 year loan has 9 months left. I can see the light.
I love the look of the high jeeps, but hear nothing but bad stories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's probably the same or similar in the act. For doing 50 under, they deserve to lose their car too.

I had heard good things about Mazdas when I was originally shopping, including how zippy they are, but there was something about the interior that didn't sit well with me. Almost went civic but gawd they're not nice looking cars from some angles.
Mate from work recently got one of the new civics in that electric blue colour not a massive fan either tbh

Yeah my steering wheel loooks like a space ship
Especially because it has the flappers for changing gears if I put it in sports mode 1D19ACF9-CC31-401A-ADC6-9BB939C3F8E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Two door model of Sigma was a Scorpion.

SCORPION!!!!!! Thats what I was trying to remember.

Mate put a garett on one of those and it last 3 weeks.

EDIT: mind you he also put a small snail on a 200B .......

I only ever had 2 Mitso's a Pajero and a 99 Triton. Triton was unbreakable and changed my point of view of Mitsubishi

MissusIsBitchin have always been reasonable cars. Made to a price point (aren't they all) but reliable.

Stinger is on my radar too for my next car.

Also bit different style to that but I like Renault Meganes too. Heard parts can be expensive though.
Yeah I like the Megane.

I have fond memories from seeing one buzz through Reefton when I was trapped in NZ earlier this year. It was a car club, bunch of people from Christchurch decided to blow away the lockdown blues with a drive to the west coast. Some friends and I had just been for a walk and were on the main drag when a bunch of fancy cars stopped - ferraris, lambos, maseratis etc. And this cute little yellow Megane. We happened to stop walking right near where it parked. I was chatting to my friends and when I looked back there was an extremely hot young blond leaning on the Megane. Tight, low-cut top and mini skirt...incredible legs. Bear in mind it's 6 degrees out and it was kinda obvious she was a little cold. I figured she was no older than 15, so I was just trying really friggin' hard not to look. Anyways, the interlopers were there for all of 10 minutes. Next thing the cute blond gets in the driver's seat to take off...with passengers in the car...so under NZ law that means she was at least 18! Halle*******lujah, I aint going to hell for those dirty thoughts. :cool:

The first Magna's and the Sigma's were not and that caused my 'keep away from them' point of view. The Tritons were made by the Mitsubishi truck division which always had a good rep

Still are, the Canter range is awesome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back